Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2010, 08:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
That is because you have to go into the PS3 system settings for audio and change it to HDMI. I think it defaults to the RCA cable that is given with the PS3. You have to change it to either Optical or HDMI as the case may be.

Settings will be the first or second menu item from the left I think. Just scroll down to Audio settings. Its been a while since I used my PS3 after I got the Wii!!!

I route my Video to the TV using a HDMI cable and my audio to the Home theater system using an Optical cable. When I don't want to use them and just want to play games without too much of audio, I go to the settings, change the audio settings to RCA and use that to play.

Hope this clarifies.
I think you mean to change the audio output settings in the sound settings menu where you can choose between HDMI, optical and RCA right? Tried that, didn't work for some reason :(
Old 15th January 2010, 11:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
I think you mean to change the audio output settings in the sound settings menu where you can choose between HDMI, optical and RCA right? Tried that, didn't work for some reason :(
It has to work buddy. My setup is the same (connected PS3 to Bravia LCD thru HDMI). You have to change the audio output settings to HDMI.
Old 19th January 2010, 09:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
It has to work buddy. My setup is the same (connected PS3 to Bravia LCD thru HDMI). You have to change the audio output settings to HDMI.
I also agree with Surd_Biker, it should work... even I have the same setting at home. If it still doesn't work then there might be a problem with either your HDMI cable, your PS3 firmware (hope its the latest version) or your PS3/TV's HDMI slot. You can narrow down your problem by following the below points:

1. Update your PS3 firmware immediately.
2. If the problem still persists, borrow a different HDMI cable from your friend/relative and check whether the problem has resolved or not.
3. If the problem still persists, then get your PS3 / TV HDMI slot checked from an authorized personnel.

Happy gaming...

Cheers!
Amit
Old 19th January 2010, 13:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
I think he mentioned that he has a CRT tv.

Dude, there is nothing you can do in this case. Fighting it out with the salesman also wont yield anything as you have already bought the item and assembled it. I believe you bought the model which doesnt also have the HDMI in option.
Old 20th January 2010, 19:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Upgrade your PS3 firmware to the latest firmware version (3.15 I guess). Some older firmware didn't had the option of using HDMI and RCA(for audio) at the same time. You can either do it by directly connecting the PS3 to net or downloading the firmware to your PC/laptop first and then installing it through the USB.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks