Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

View Poll Results: Whats your gaming high next year!
Microsoft Xbox 360 2 10.53%
Sony Playstation 3 18 94.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2005, 15:49   #1
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Whats gonna Be your next Toy!!!

As all avid Gamers know... Third generation consoles are kicking in with Sony playstation3 boasting of their above ground level tech specs in april 2006

And ofcourse the obvious Rival Xbox 360 due nov 2005

Get the Tech Specs here http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-x-1985-x-x-x

Lets get on with what you find interesting and what you have thats solving that interest right now !

And WHATS GONNA GIVE YOU GAMING HIGH NEXT YEAR!
Old 5th October 2005, 16:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

i enjoyed my PS 2 to the fullest and still do.i think its going to be the PS3 for me next but a friend of mine is crazy over the xbox so i just dont know but 90 % its going to be the PS.

Rev
Old 5th October 2005, 19:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

PS3 ofcourse. I'd buy it just to be able to play GT4, period.

Shan2nu
Old 5th October 2005, 21:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

It has to be PS3 for me as I was very much impressed by PS2, but can't say much about Xbox.
Old 5th October 2005, 22:36   #5
Team-BHP Support

Can someone from Bombay around Alfa enquire the price for a PS3 (if available with them) please?
Old 6th October 2005, 01:21   #6
BHPian

The PS3 slated for a Spring 2006 launch will be my choice provided that the prices dont rocket up way past what the current speculations of $400 approx are! Its backwards compatible which should make us smile ear to ear. Also, there hasnt been a word from the Sony guys but the experts (and the insiders) say that Sony will be watching teh sales of the New XBOX 360 and then accordingly plan the final launch date for its console.....which some fear that if the sales of the 360 aint that great, might even be extended till early 2007 too! I just hope it aint that way ..... have been postponing buying a PS2 just because i dont want to feel sorry that i should have waited and bought a PS3.
Old 6th October 2005, 14:55   #7
BHPian

This gen i have a PS2 and a gamecube... Next gen will get the PS3 and the Revolution. No X360 at all. Am more excited about the nintendo revolution though. Its going to be totally different from the other consoles. While Sony and Microsoft are just beefing up the graphics capabilities of their machines, Nintendo is going to change the way games are played with their weird new controller. Damn... cant wait for it.
Old 6th October 2005, 16:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

None .. for a while .. if I can help it !

My wife is hooked on to the PS2 .. I end up playing only Cricket on it .. I tend to get dizzy playing the fast moving 3D games ..

She's already planning for the PS3 .. Lets see if I can postpone the purchase and channelise the budget to a car accessory fund
Old 9th October 2005, 18:22   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

PS3 for me.
I am addicted to the PS2 but my dad keeps on confiscating it which sucks.
Old 10th October 2005, 11:07   #10
BHPian

Its gona be PS3.Already got 2 PS2 at my place,the slim ones but i seem to have trouble trying to get it online even though i have the hardware cd for it.Some problem with my internet service provider.
Old 10th October 2005, 11:32   #11
BHPian

Well , I just assembled 2 comps for me and my sis - Athlon 64 3200's , 2 Gigs DDR, MSI Neo4 Platinum boards (one SLI , one regular) (nForce 4 chipset) , Altec Lansing VS4121 2.1 speakers, 17" 8ms Samsung LCD's and XFX 6800GT's blowing most of my saved up money - and I dont even play games except the occasional rally in CMR05, some FlatOut Racing and a bit of Brothers in Arms-The road to Hill 30 and some FarCry - total gaming wont be more than an hour a week - I'm still looking out for a decent aircraft game - those i can really get into.

Then I've just bought a 20gig ipod for myself and a 4gig ipod mini for my sis - these turned out to be worth it as with me travelling a lot now , it's essential to have some music.

Maybe a PS3 or XBox 360 once theyre a year old so I dont have to pay through the nose, another 6800GT for the SLI Board.

For work, I need to buy a notebook - again athlon 64 based with a decent graphics card and 512 megs or 1 gig ram .

hell, i really am sick of this habit of mine in spending money on gaming comps when i hardly play - the money would have been better spent in waiting for the PS3 - no need of installation or cracks or patches or updating drivers - just get the dvd from Palika and start playing.

btw, is anyone here playing Counterstrike Source online ? I can get a 130-150 ms ping to servers in Singapore and ahave 2 other friends who are into it - am looking aroudn for more people to rope in.

zaphod

Most Viewed