Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 00:26   #1
BHPian

Creative Mp3/Mp4 players in India.

I bought a Creative Zen 4Gb in India in March 2008, instead of an IPod Nano 4Gb. It served me rather well, except for hanging a couple of times(and needed to be reseted through the reset hole), but off late, I have been facing problems. The FM radio stopped working. So, after informing Mr.XXXXXX, from a shop in the SP road area, I got it shipped to him a week ago. A few days later, when contacted, I was informed that Creative has discontinued it's service operations, and that there are only 2 or 3 people in India who can get it repaired , and that one such person, who they new, was not available. Today, my father got it back home, and told me that Mr.X had got it repaired for me. But to my consternation, not only had the FM problem not been rectified at all, all my files (ie- songs, videos voice recordings, and pictures) been deleted!!!

I checked, connecting to my Phillips portable speakers. The Zen recognised the speakers, but when I autoscanned repeatedly, no stations were recognised. For now, my father is going to give Mr.x, who runs 3-4 shops a piece of his mind, and somehow get it repaired.

With such poor AfSS, it makes no sense to buy Creative products in India (exempt speakers). I wonder what the fate of my Zen is.As of now, I'm waiting until September, when I shall buy a new IPod Touch as a replacement. Are there other Creative owners who are facing similar problems? What does one do in such situations?

BTW- This is my 1st post!!!
Old 15th May 2010, 09:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

why not try the adresses mentioned here
Creative Labs Asia (India) - Customer Support - Drivers & more for all your Creative products
Old 15th May 2010, 11:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

YUp i cannot find battery for Zen 8gb.

Plus they could not repair Megaworks 550. I would have, but ICs and mosfets that are used are simply not available.
Old 18th May 2010, 22:07   #4
BHPian

@greenhorn
Thanks a lot. The Corp. Office is in a building just a few blocks from my house!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks