Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-1931.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp_maniac (Post 4611720)
I used the device for a couple of hours and its pretty slick!

Not surprised. This is what makes the iphone stand out from any Android device. My iphone is still very responsive.

The XR makes a strong case for itself and is the most value for money iphone out there. Unfortunately; all these exchange, credit card benefits don't apply where I am. I can sell my phone independently for about $150-$200 and put that into my new phone. A 64gb XR costs Rs. 64,500 where I am. The Mi 9, OP 6T is Rs. 40,000. Big difference there. I am pretty sure that the XR will be a far superior experience compared to a Mi 9 and 6T.

Where it gets interesting and confusing is when you compare the XR to an OP 7 Pro (Non pro model not sold where I am). Two stellar phones. All you need to decide is which eco system to be on.

What needs to be evaluated is whether a Pixel would provide an experience similar to the iPhone XR. A Pixel 3XL costs as much as an iPhone XR. The 3A XL saves you some money but is somewhat mediocre.

What is amusing is after years of iPhone giving 1/2GB RAM in most of their iPhones, it has rapidly grown to 4GB with the iPhone XS. Now it matches the Pixel brothers stuck at 4GB.

But the iPhone XS with 4GB or XR with 3GB would serve better in the long run than a Pixel with 4GB. A year or two later the Pixels would be crawling. My experience with the Nexus 5X and Nexus 7 was thus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmohan (Post 4611741)
I am pretty sure that the XR will be a far superior experience compared to a Mi 9 and 6T.

If you're used to the iOS experience, I suggest you try out any MIUI device before finalising. I have a Poco F1 and an MIA2 with me, and I always feel MIUI is the one which comes closest to iOS in terms of overall experience and eyecandy. It's just my personal opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonSnow (Post 4611199)
Try clearing the cache once. Fixes the issue for most users. If that doesn't work, you may have to do a factory reset.

Did that, it solved the slowdown but there are problems still.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortis (Post 4611384)
I checked the feedback on the OnePlus forums and it looked pretty bad overall so I haven't updated my OP3 to Pie. Unless there is an upgrade to fix 9.0.3 I think I'll stick to Oreo until it's time to buy a new phone.

Trusted OP to test it before pushing to users really, I've never had a problem with updates. This is the first and its bad. I wish I could roll back to Oero, I don't see a huge change in the OS. Yeah I understand that its gets boring after sometime so a refresh is good but I would rather have a functioning OS than one with a lag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 (Post 4608797)
I have the same phone for almost 2.5 years. Not sure about sailfish since have never tried non-android OS, but AOSiP Pie is a great ROM for this excellent phone. Give it a try.

Flashed the latest version of LineageOS running on Android 9 today, and it's pretty good. It's almost like stock Android, and the UI looks much much better than before!

Just a quibble, but OnePlus itself uses 1+ as part of its branding. It would be much less confusing than "OP," which has other meanings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp_maniac (Post 4611785)
If you're used to the iOS experience, I suggest you try out any MIUI device before finalising.

I bought a Mi A2 for my mum couple of months ago and found it pretty slick and with not too much bloat compared to other Mi devices. What did leave me a little irritated was the notifications on top that disappeared. I believe this is a MIUI bug or fault and is likely to be corrected on the next update. I've been reading the same thing for the Mi 9 too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmohan (Post 4612918)
I bought a Mi A2 for my mum couple of months ago and found it pretty slick and with not too much bloat compared to other Mi devices. What did leave me a little irritated was the notifications on top that disappeared. I believe this is a MIUI bug or fault and is likely to be corrected on the next update. I've been reading the same thing for the Mi 9 too.

Mi A2 isn't a MIUI device. But a proper Android One device, means it has stock Android instead of MIUI skin. Google to find solution about notification disappearance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmplog (Post 4612960)
But a proper Android One device, means it has stock Android instead of MIUI skin.

Yes; that is the reason I bought it as I did not want MIUI coming in between. In the case of Mi devices, especially the Mi 9, the disappearance of the notifications was noticed after a MIUI update. I don't think this affects stock Android devices and should not for a Android One device.

Any fellow 1+7 users got the new Oxygen OS update for the same? Mine is still on the last update and on searching for updates it shows that it's up to date.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiGOD (Post 4613105)
Any fellow 1+7 users got the new Oxygen OS update for the same? Mine is still on the last update and on searching for updates it shows that it's up to date.:Frustrati

If you can switch your location to Germany using any VPN application, you should be able to get this update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbkumar (Post 4613557)
If you can switch your location to Germany using any VPN application, you should be able to get this update.

Thanks for the response mate. The update was picked up by the phone by default :)

I've kinda decided to keep using my Honor View 10 for a year more if possible - there are absolutely no issues with the phone, it is as spectacular as it was the day I bought it and the Orange man has rescinded his ban on Huawei.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenroy (Post 4615962)
I've kinda decided to keep using my Honor View 10 for a year more if possible - there are absolutely no issues with the phone, it is as spectacular as it was the day I bought it and the Orange man has rescinded his ban on Huawei.

Excellent! Keep yourself away the world of notched displays, popup cameras, glass backs and USB headphones - for a year more at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic-sense (Post 4616027)
Truly. Keep yourself away the world of notched displays, popup cameras, glass backs and USB headphones - for a year more at least.

Lol. I was so keen on picking up that Oppo Reno 10x Zoom - that sharkfin pop-up camera. :uncontrol