Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2010, 11:08   #1
BHPian

Good Video Repairing Software ??

I am in search of a good video repairing software which can easily fix broken videos and old videos which hang and stutter while played. Guys, if anyone has a suggestion, please do share. I need this badly.
Old 26th June 2010, 12:07   #2
BHPian

vcd gear is a good software which I have used many times.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:52   #3
BHPian

Try VLC Media Player 1.1.0. The new player version fixes the broken .avi files
Old 27th June 2010, 13:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I am in search of a good video repairing software which can easily fix broken videos and old videos which hang and stutter while played. Guys, if anyone has a suggestion, please do share. I need this badly.
You need to tell us what is the source of the video's and then I can suggest a suitable option.

You will need to extract, filter & repair and then reencode.
Old 28th June 2010, 18:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscrive View Post
vcd gear is a good software which I have used many times.
Thanks for the reply mate. Have downloaded VCD Gear, but facing a bit trouble using it. Can you please let me know how to repair and old (.DAT) file with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull76 View Post
Try VLC Media Player 1.1.0. The new player version fixes the broken .avi files
Have downloaded VLC 1.1.0. but not able to get the video fixed. Not sure if there is any specific way for doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
You need to tell us what is the source of the video's and then I can suggest a suitable option.

You will need to extract, filter & repair and then reencode.
@dadu : Its actually the marriage coverage of my uncle. The video is in .DAT format. Can you explain in detail how I need to do the above steps and if any special software is required for the same.
Old 28th June 2010, 18:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@dadu : Its actually the marriage coverage of my uncle. The video is in .DAT format. Can you explain in detail how I need to do the above steps and if any special software is required for the same.
A .dat is actually an MPEG1 format used in VCD's.

You can use ISObuster to extract .DAT to a pure MPEG1 format, if it has broken frames, it will skip them ofcourse but the rest will continue.

Now you can again use this MPEG1 file to convert it into an ISO image using VCDgear and burn using Imgburn. All are available free.

if you want to explore more into video quality correction, removing the grains, making picture soft or sharp. Post some screenshots as you see them now and I can advise if its worth the effort of reencoding and using filters etc or not. (we will have to move to more expert levels here then)

Last edited by dadu : 28th June 2010 at 19:00.
Old 28th June 2010, 22:11   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
A .dat is actually an MPEG1 format used in VCD's.

You can use ISObuster to extract .DAT to a pure MPEG1 format, if it has broken frames, it will skip them ofcourse but the rest will continue.

Now you can again use this MPEG1 file to convert it into an ISO image using VCDgear and burn using Imgburn. All are available free.

if you want to explore more into video quality correction, removing the grains, making picture soft or sharp. Post some screenshots as you see them now and I can advise if its worth the effort of reencoding and using filters etc or not. (we will have to move to more expert levels here then)

Thank You so much for the info. Will give it a try and let you know if there is any issue.
Old 11th July 2010, 14:37   #8
BANNED

You can use DivFix++ is #1 AVI Video Repair & Preview Utility

OR

Download Fix Player 1.0 Free - Utility for repairing (fixing) broken AVI files - Softpedia
Old 11th July 2010, 23:43   #9
BHPian

Thanks @mithun. Let me check it out and will let you know if there was any change
Old 12th July 2010, 09:51   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @mithun. Let me check it out and will let you know if there was any change
@mithun, I have check both the utilities, but unfortunately they both are for repairing .avi files and the file which I want ti repair is a .dat
Old 12th July 2010, 10:24   #11
BHPian

Quote:
@mithun, I have check both the utilities, but unfortunately they both are for repairing .avi files and the file which I want ti repair is a .dat
Why don't you re-encode the video to a more popular format ? I doubt if you'll find many tools that support DAT.
Old 12th July 2010, 10:35   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
Why don't you re-encode the video to a more popular format ? I doubt if you'll find many tools that support DAT.

@anku94, I have tried to convert it to other formats but the file seems to be corrupted or damaged due to which the converter is also unable to change the format. FYI, I used Xilisoft Ultimate Video converter for the same. If you have any good converter which can do the trick, then please suggest.
Old 12th July 2010, 14:21   #13
BHPian

Try using Total Video Converter. It's not the best tool out there, but I've found it reads all kinds of damaged files. It has got a player as well, which is good at reading damaged media as well.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:41   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
Try using Total Video Converter. It's not the best tool out there, but I've found it reads all kinds of damaged files. It has got a player as well, which is good at reading damaged media as well.
Have downloaded and tried it. But unfortunately its also not able to convert it. It tried to convert the file but stops responding after some time.
Old 13th July 2010, 11:07   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Have downloaded and tried it. But unfortunately its also not able to convert it. It tried to convert the file but stops responding after some time.
Hi ,

I have tried two softwares which converts the .dat file ( not sure about the damaged .dat files )

1. Super Video ( freeware ) - converts .dat to any format
SUPER

2. DVD Flick ( freeware ) - converts .dat to DVD format
DVD Flick

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks