Team-BHP - Now use the new RUPEE SYMBOL from your keyboard
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Now use the new RUPEE SYMBOL from your keyboard (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/86440-now-use-new-rupee-symbol-your-keyboard.html)

Dear All,I am sure you appreciate the design of our Rupee Symbol which is a matter of pride for all of us.Would you like to type this Rupee Symbol (`) and start using it right away whenever you want to write Rs. or INR?Our Indian Techies are so fast in customizing and accommodating Rupee Symbol in the existing Keyboard.Yes, you can now type` ( ~ ) symbol. Its very simple. Just follow thsese instructionsYes, and now onwards make a point to use this symbol for our currency.Wishing you inflow of lots of ` in your Indian Bank Account!
(Grrrr.............. I am not able to attach the .ttf file. Will update mod for it)

Gotcha! Thanks for sharing. Works like a charm.

How do I make the font appear in my browser as well? Any simpler way to substitute an existing keyboard button to insert the new Rupee symbol?

>>>

Unable to open with Adobe Acrobat 9.0.
Unable to recognise the ".ttf.pdf" file.

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by issigonis (Post 2008849)
>>>

Unable to open with Adobe Acrobat 9.0.
Unable to recognise the ".ttf.pdf" file.

Regards

Download the file and rename it as .ttf and follow the steps mentioned

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadabhi (Post 2007085)
Dear All,I am sure you appreciate the design of our Rupee Symbol which is a matter of pride for all of us.Would you like to type this Rupee Symbol (`) and start using it right away whenever you want to write Rs. or INR?Our Indian Techies are so fast in customizing and accommodating Rupee Symbol in the existing Keyboard.Yes, you can now type` ( ~ ) symbol. Its very simple. Just follow thsese instructions
  • Save the attached “Rupee Foradian.ttf” file in following location – “C:\Windows\Fonts” folder.
  • Presto! its done. Open any MS Office Program ( Word, Excel or Power Point)
  • Select the font Rupee Foradian.
  • Press the following key (the key marked ~ on left side of key for number 1) to type the Rupee Symbol
Yes, and now onwards make a point to use this symbol for our currency.Wishing you inflow of lots of ` in your Indian Bank Account!
(Grrrr.............. I am not able to attach the .ttf file. Will update mod for it)

Try renaming the extension manually by deleting the ".pdf" part and leaving it as ".ttf" only - just an exercise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele (Post 2008854)
Download the file and rename it as .ttf and follow the steps mentioned

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 2008857)
Try renaming the extension manually by deleting the ".pdf" part and leaving it as ".ttf" only - just an exercise.

>>> Downloaded and saved it after renaming as a .pdf file. Won't open , the reason is " it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged.."

Regards

Rename it as .ttf NOT .pdf

After removing the ext .pdf file works superb in MS Office Word, Thanks for sharing this file Nomadabhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2008828)
Gotcha!
How do I make the font appear in my browser as well? Any simpler way to substitute an existing keyboard button to insert the new Rupee symbol?

+1, any way to change as the default key for using it in applications other than Ms Office ?

Any luck for mac os?

Fantastic. !

Thanks a ton for sharing.

It does not seem to work in Windows Vista and 7 editions!!

If it is working for anyone using these OS's please help, cuz it not working on mine, and I am using the Enterprise Edn of both the OS's.

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machdar (Post 2008952)
Any luck for mac os?

found the attached pdf with instructions :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjr0498 (Post 2008958)
It does not seem to work in Windows Vista and 7 editions!!

If it is working for anyone using these OS's please help, cuz it not working on mine, and I am using the Enterprise Edn of both the OS's.

Cheers
Shrey

Working fine on Win 7 enterprise edition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2008828)
Gotcha! Thanks for sharing. Works like a charm.

Even i want it to appear in my browser. Is there any way that this is possible?