Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2005, 22:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Attention Imate Jam Owners!!!!

For those who have been waiting for Bluetooth Stereo (A2DP protocol) on their imate JAM, the good news is that a Chinese dude has posted a FANTASTIC new bluetooth stack on xda-developers!

In addition to Bluetooth Stereo, the new stack comes with default password security, BLUETOOTH PRINTING, Image and File Transfer (better!)

Get it NOW - it rocks! Finally the JAM becomes my default MP3 player...now where's that 5gb SD Card????

Get it here (registration required):

XDA Developers
Old 4th December 2005, 11:23   #2
BHPian

good to know u using the Imate Jam i use the O2 XDA-II. and a devoted member of xda-developers.com and also www.tekguru.co.uk
Old 7th December 2005, 19:17   #3
BHPian

A Question on BlueTooth Stereo headsets...

What Frequency range do they support ?
Is 20Hz to 20KHz available ? or is the range limited ?
Old 7th December 2005, 19:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

I dont know about the frequency (never bothered reading the manual), but the range is pretty good - good enough for 10 meters from my laptop.

Product Details from Mobilefun

Last edited by Steeroid : 7th December 2005 at 19:31.
Old 7th December 2005, 20:11   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I dont know about the frequency (never bothered reading the manual)
Product Details from Mobilefun
The frequency range is not mentioned in the product details...

Reason I asked is because, if its for voice only, then it could have a very limited range and still suffice.
But for music, it is preferable to have as much of the audible range available...
Old 7th December 2005, 20:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon
The frequency range is not mentioned in the product details...

Reason I asked is because, if its for voice only, then it could have a very limited range and still suffice.
But for music, it is preferable to have as much of the audible range available...
Dude

This is a STEREO bluetooth headset. Obviously the idea is to support streaming music over short-range radiowaves. My comment on range relates to streaming music - I walk around the house in the middle of the night listening to Worldspace over bluetooth while the rest of the family is sleeping.

I have ALSO used it as a headset for my A1000 (which doesnt support A2DP protocol) which works quite fine as well.
Old 7th December 2005, 20:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Dude

This is a STEREO bluetooth headset. Obviously the idea is to support streaming music over short-range radiowaves. My comment on range relates to streaming music - I walk around the house in the middle of the night listening to Worldspace over bluetooth while the rest of the family is sleeping.

I have ALSO used it as a headset for my A1000 (which doesnt support A2DP protocol) which works quite fine as well.
I agree that the headset is stereo... but it might not be designed for music...

By range, I do not mean how far you are from the base unit for it to be effective...
What I mean is...
The Human hearing range is about 20 Hz to 20 kHz, most sensitive at 2 to 4 KHz.
The Normal voice range is about 500 Hz to 2 kHz

So, if the headset was designed only for voice, even if it has a range of say 200Hz to 5KHz, it would work just fine...
BUT to listen to music... the range has got to be much much wider...
The closer to both the limits of human hearing, the better....

http://www.cs.cf.ac.uk/Dave/Multimedia/node271.html
Old 7th December 2005, 21:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

My friend, as far as bluetooth goes this is about the first time they;ve been able to stream music over A2DP.........therefore let us not compare it with frequency rates in standard wired headsets. From the ICE forum I've realized that there really is no limit to what you want to do with sound - it is therefore pertinent to determine your requirements and find a match of it, rather than go out of your way to find out what is cutting edge and try to reach that exalted level.

Its good enough for me to take on my evening walk/jog - as good as the normal wired headset used to be.

Last edited by Steeroid : 7th December 2005 at 21:11.
Old 7th December 2005, 21:20   #9
BHPian

Quote:
it is therefore pertinent to determine your requirements and find a match of it, rather than go out of your way to find out what is cutting edge and try to reach that exalted level.

Its good enough for me to take on my evening walk/jog - as good as the normal wired headset used to be.
:-) I agree with you Steeroid
If its as good as a wired headset, the comfort of wireless is just great for a walk, or a jog or just when you don't want to disturb others...

Hope you didn't mind my posts... I was having this discussion with a friend a few days ago... that's where the need for cutting edge technology came up...
And as I saw your post on this forum... :-)
Old 5th March 2006, 12:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For those who have been waiting for Bluetooth Stereo (A2DP protocol) on their imate JAM, the good news is that a Chinese dude has posted a FANTASTIC new bluetooth stack on xda-developers!

In addition to Bluetooth Stereo, the new stack comes with default password security, BLUETOOTH PRINTING, Image and File Transfer (better!)

Get it NOW - it rocks! Finally the JAM becomes my default MP3 player...now where's that 5gb SD Card????

Get it here (registration required):

XDA Developers
Looking for a stereo BT headset in India for my Imate Jam (well.. T-mobile MDA compact actually ), but everyone just blink when I ask for it here in India

Last edited by ported_head : 5th March 2006 at 12:53.
Old 6th March 2006, 11:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

try expansys.com

they ship worldwid.e But be ready to pay for expensive shipping.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks