Team-BHP - Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/89727-samsung-bada-os-thread-tips-tricks-hacks.html)

I am creating this thread for all the BHPians who own a Samsung bada device like Wave, Wave2, WavePro, Wave 723. This thread is to share anything and everything for any bada device like widgets, games, applications, tips, tricks, hacks etc etc.

I'll start with a small tip that probably everyone knows.

In the contacts window, one can swipe from left to right on the contact name and it dials the default number of the contact and swiping from right to left opens a window to send SMS to that person. Pretty cool I would say.

May be we can start by sharing what widgets everyone is using. I'm using the meteorclock widget by Jorn. It is a clock widget which looks similar to HTC's clock widget.

Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-splash.jpg

This is how my home screen look like right now. I don't have wi-fi at home, so it doesn't show the weather information. I will upload the widget image with weather information tomorrow.

Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20100929225716.jpg

For people who do not know about Samsung bada, here is a nice wikipedia article on what is bada OS all about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bada_(operating_system)

Samsung Wave is the first mobile phone to be running this operating system and here is the official website of Samsung Wave - Samsung Wave

@Gamdhi - thanks for sharing , i did not know the right left swipe option in contacts. Thanks

Here is the home-screen shot I had promised. When connected to wi-fi, the meteor-clock widget shows the weather for today and tomorrow.

The other line of icons you see at the bottom is one line app launcher widget. You can download it from here - 1 row launch widget - Samsung Wave Forum

Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20101001140649.jpg Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20101001162427.jpg

Have you downloaded Need for Speed: SHIFT for your phone? It was available for free for a while, and really showcases the power of this awesome device.

Yes I have. The games on bada OS are just amazing. Way better than those on Android. I am really impressed with this bada OS and the level it has been polished in the first version itself.

My favorite games on bada are NFS Shift, Asphalt 5 and Bruce Lee. The graphics are mind-blowing.

I've read that with version 1.2.0, Bada will get the Swype like typing ability. This is a great thing to have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newpunter (Post 2096009)
I've read that with version 1.2.0, Bada will get the Swype like typing ability. This is a great thing to have.

Yes, bada 1.2 is already announced. It will have T9 Trace (Swype like typing by Nounce). I'm glad that for an OS version 1.2, we are waiting for such additional functionalities instead of basic things like ability to install apps on SD card, Flash support, Mobile AP etc clap:.

I'm more excited about the new Samsung Wave II because till now everyone was feeling that Samsung is developing bada for cheaper smart-phones (Wave 2, Wave Pro etc) but Wave II has same specs as original Wave except screen which is bigger at 3.7 inches and is Super LCD instead of Super AMOLED. Once Wave II is launched, Samsung shouldn't have supply issues too as there is not shortage of Super LCD screens like Super AMOLED.

Can we get other games besides the ones on the APPS store. I have seen videos on youtube, for Assassin's creed. Does anyone have it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yajaman99 (Post 2096590)
Can we get other games besides the ones on the APPS store. I have seen videos on youtube, for Assassin's creed. Does anyone have it?

I found this in Samsung Apps - Samsung Apps

This is Java version so I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for.

I have a pretty dumb question, so if anyone can help me out, would be much appreciated. I have transferred the contacts list from my nokia to the wave, however, the display keeps showing me "last name; first name" instead of the other way around. Have tried to go into all the possible settings to change it but just dont see any options. When I edit the contacts also, the first name is in the first name field.

COuld someone help me pls in changing the display setting to "first name; last name".

Many thanks.

@kurmist, have you tried Contacts -> ... -> Settings -> Order of display name ?

Folks, which OS is the Samsung Star Superb running- I just could not locate any OS information ? If it is Bada, then I want apps !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 2096760)
Folks, which OS is the Samsung Star Superb running- I just could not locate any OS information ? If it is Bada, then I want apps !!

I don't know what OS Samsung Star Superb runs but it is NOT bada for sure. Only phone running bada OS right now is Wave and future phones (ones which are announced) are Wave 2, Wave Pro, Wave 723 and Wave II.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandhi (Post 2096727)
@kurmist, have you tried Contacts -> ... -> Settings -> Order of display name ?

Hi Gandhi, when I go into contacts>>>settings, i dont get the final "order of display name" as an option. Which is why I am confused. Have also tried in the General Settings but still dont see any options to change there.