Team-BHP - Mobile Number Portability: Will you switch operators?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Mobile Number Portability: Will you switch operators? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/91867-mobile-number-portability-will-you-switch-operators-7.html)

You will have to be with a particular operator for at least 90 days before you can switch. Also, please mention the name and address carefully when you are applying for a port out from an operator. The details should match for the operator to give a go-ahead for a port out.

Also, you will have to clear all outstanding amount. I am not sure about the process if the operator owes you something (prepaid balance, deposit money etc). Will find out.

We've have about 8 Vodafone connections in family facing Network Troubles when in-doors for the past year. My first complaint to these guys was on 19th November, 2009 followed by numerous follow-ups, new complaints, fake updates from their end etc. Now, I shall happily migrate to Airtel since VF's dog is dead, it no longer follows you wherever you go. Leave apart my home, VF has connection errors almost everywhere now. Then they talk of overtaking Airtel in terms of Subscribers base, all castles in the air. Airtel doesn't have those swanky Stores with up-market staff but surely knows how to avoid customers like me from visiting one.

I have two connections -GSM on BSNL with 3G and CDMA on Reliance. I am seriously thinking of switching out on one or more, even though service is good on both, and both have an all India footprint. Reasons

BSNL: Tardy in Billing as well as in reconciling cheque payments. I am forced to keep one month's payments in credit, else they keep on adding late payment charges at random. BSNL customer care, or rather the lack of it is legendary. They do not accept on-line payments, so have to go to the exchange every month to deposit a cheque.

Reliance: I have been there from the original DAPO. Service is good, but the availability of handsets is very poor, and prices very high. RUIMs etc. do not work for SmartPhones. Blackberry do not have much more than Curve and Bold on CDMA, and Reliance charges an arm and a leg. Also, if you have a breakdown they will take ages to sort it out. I know of a close relative in Kolkata whose (official) BB has been U/s for over a month and a half and no action. The highest official Android phone is a Samsung on OS 1.1! Also, both Tata and Reliance are actively blocking imported handsets.

We will not sell you a high end current model of a handset (even at a crazy price) and not let you add your own! o I suspect it with be adiós some day.

I want to switch from reliance simply due to no nice Android or other smartphone based handsets in India. In the west, there are some really nice HTC and Samsung handsets on CDMA, but in India, none of them are available.

MNP Launch on 25th Nov in Karnal, Haryana.

Yehawww, it OUT !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashthedivx (Post 2151053)
Yehawww, it OUT !!

Fianlly it is here. good to see that disruption time is just 2 hrs.

I am planning to switch anytime next week.
According to the guy,whom i deal with,they have already recieved the SIM cards and the forms.
They would start ahead with the process tommorow onwards.

Any idea about the dates when this will start in Noida (UP West).
I was unable to find out any rollout dates for the same.

Next in line are the metros for January end. Don't think UP west will be a part of that phase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 2194910)
Any idea about the dates when this will start in Noida (UP West).
I was unable to find out any rollout dates for the same.

Me too waiting for UP West (Ghaziabad).

I think Noida and Ghaziabad comes under NCR - so it won't be in the same bucket as rest of UP West (think Agra/Saharanpur etc.).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 2194914)
Next in line are the metros for January end. Don't think UP west will be a part of that phase.

Any confirmation on this? And when it will be available in KA?

Am tired of Airtel's connectivity issues at home. Have been complaining with them since Mar/April 2010.

Is there a web page which shows the timeline for each region?

IronWolf and Tsk: Correction to my previous post. MNP will be live PAN India by 20th January :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 2135201)
Reliance: I have been there from the original DAPO. Service is good, but the availability of handsets is very poor, and prices very high. RUIMs etc. do not work for SmartPhones. Blackberry do not have much more than Curve and Bold on CDMA, and Reliance charges an arm and a leg. Also, if you have a breakdown they will take ages to sort it out. I know of a close relative in Kolkata whose (official) BB has been U/s for over a month and a half and no action. The highest official Android phone is a Samsung on OS 1.1! Also, both Tata and Reliance are actively blocking imported handsets.

We will not sell you a high end current model of a handset (even at a crazy price) and not let you add your own! o I suspect it with be adiós some day.

There are options to use higher end phones on Reliance, you have to do a bit of jugaad to make them work. I've been using a HTC Touch Pro on my Reliance connection for the past year and a half!