Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2011, 00:47   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Indica xeta versus Tata Vista SAFIRE 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
OT on this thread, but the car should have been provided with enough braking power to stop the car even without depressing the clutch, aint it?

I had an accident because of this issue on M800, as mentioned in that thread.

There is another thread on whether or not to depress clutch during braking

The car has enough braking force but it is only at speeds below 10kmph in second gear only. It will not affect your clutch or brake because in almost any car you will depress the clutch at this point to avoid stalling.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 13:09   #17
BHPian

vista is a far better car than a xeta but it makes sense to own a tata only if you opt for their diesels..fiat sourced motor is just namesake; its the worst engine among all the premium hatches. So personally i feel that you must stay away from it. You should consider the i-10 as it also has a decent legroom at the back & has a far better engine performance/F.E./A.S.S/refinement etc. Also lots of discounts are on offer on i-10 & era variant would suit you best. Though a-star is a good car but as per your requirements, it doesn't fit in because of cramped rear space.
Old 16th November 2011, 01:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek24x View Post
vista is a far better car than a xeta but it makes sense to own a tata only if you opt for their diesels..fiat sourced motor is just namesake; its the worst engine among all the premium hatches. So personally i feel that you must stay away from it. You should consider the i-10 as it also has a decent legroom at the back & has a far better engine performance/F.E./A.S.S/refinement etc. Also lots of discounts are on offer on i-10 & era variant would suit you best. Though a-star is a good car but as per your requirements, it doesn't fit in because of cramped rear space.

Sorry, but worst in what terms. Please elaborate. I can keep up with other cars easily, dont need to downshift when I overtake (excellent low end torque) and a treat when it makes that beautiful sound. Talking about refinement, you will have to really strain to hear the car engine with all windows closed.
Add to that a FE of 14Kmpl with AC in city conditions.

Also, I recently (yesterday) got my car back from the 30K kms service. And I did not Pay a single paisa for it, including labour, Oil etc. Till date I havent spent anything on maintenance. This is an additional saving over the i10 (read the thread on Hyundai increasing its service charges/ spare costs). Also the Vista is a true 5 seater and not a 4.5 seater.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks