Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2006, 19:58   #1

should I buy a new car ?

Hi folks

First of all, let me wish the team-bhp site and all the BHP'ians for the wonderful wonderful newsgroup that they maintain !! 3 cheers !!!

I have been driving cars for the last 5 years (around 50k kms+), but mostly the A and B segment hatches. I am mostly a city driver with hardly once in a month drive of 100+ kms down the highway. Though I felt my ride in Palio and more recently Swift have been wonderful, currently I drive a 8 year old M800 with absolutely no maintenance issues (almost). Good m[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]aneuverability in the traffic, good FE, AC is okay. It lacks the power and the looks, but I am not caring since most of my drive is in the city and i'm not a guy who think my personality is reflected in my vehicle (No offence meant to any one, just my thoughts)[/SIZE][/FONT]

Could you suggest a good reason to upgrade my car. And what car should I buy with a budget of 4.5 lacs ?
(alto, santro, indica, swift, getz, palio: which one should I go ?)

I intend to have this car for long-term use, and will be driving around 800kms a month with 80% of this in city.

First, please suggest a good reason to upgrade my car.

cheers
4lacs

From support team: Please put up a proper introduction before throwing up your questions. Please go through announcement section for your clarity. Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st March 2006 at 21:36.
Old 21st March 2006, 20:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

The current ride meets your expectations, it is the perfect car for your usual driving conditions and you do not want to make a style statement. I don't see any valid reason for you to upgrade or change your car.
Old 21st March 2006, 21:00   #3
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Buy an Alto and save on cash
Old 21st March 2006, 22:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

Buy a Indica Turbo... become a dieselhead
Old 21st March 2006, 22:26   #5
BHPian

As you have mentioned that u have around 100 km trip on highways & overall 800 km in a month i think it would be better to upgrade to swift cos its more spacious , comfortable & most important its more safe.
Though fuel efficiency of swift is not comparable to m800 so if fuel efficiency is not a big concern i think swift would be a good choice.
Now that you are not interested in looks & features i suggest u to look for lowend swift lxi which cost arnd 4.24 lacs onroad here in kerala
Old 21st March 2006, 23:19   #6
BHPian

if you can get a Swift-ZXi in 4.5 lakhs then you better upgrade to it!
else i see no reason to upgrade!

Last edited by revharder : 21st March 2006 at 23:20.
Old 22nd March 2006, 02:53   #7
BHPian

"Could you suggest a good reason to upgrade my car. And what car should I buy with a budget of 4.5 lacs ?
(alto, santro, indica, swift, getz, palio: which one should I go ?)"

To answer your first q... Sounds like you have 4.5L to spare... so get something that will make life interesting

And to answer your other q:
Looks like you have all your options down... I say buy the car that would make you drool every time you look at it (till you get bored and till its time to get a new one )... last time i was in india Swift was about to be launched and I found it pretty impressive (first look reminded me of Mini Cooper), and from what i hear it has good handling, pick-up, and power.

Good luck...
Old 22nd March 2006, 23:09   #8
BHPian

The ALTO is a good car for you, if you are not too much concerned abt the latest looks and style. It gives u good FE, maintenence is very low and easy to ride in cities. I have a friend who owns an Alto, he's a very rash driver and takes very less care of his car, but even after that when he takes his alto to the service center he gets almost all the job done with a light pocket. Stick to Alto else go for the SWIFT not bad either

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks