Chevrolet Beat Diesel 75 71.43%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2012, 11:34   #61
BANNED

Re: Wagon R CNG vs Beat Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
@idea, That's a great deal you got, almost 2 lacs less than the Beat D. Enjoy your new ride, (some pics please), and may you have many safe miles.
Avoding pics. it is just another WagonR - white. :-).

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Did you exchange any car?
Exchaged car with Mahindra first choice and not maruti true value. So didnt get any exchange bonus.
Old 10th July 2012, 12:44   #62
Senior - BHPian

4.33 Lac is too good. How did you manage that without any exchange?
My friend got one for 4.64 last month without exchange.
Old 10th July 2012, 12:56   #63
BANNED

Quote:
4.33 Lac is too good. How did you manage that without any exchange?
My friend got one for 4.64 last month without exchange.
Every month there are new deals from maruti plus there are 10+ dealers in city, so as customer it helps + current slowdown in auto sector demand + Petrol hike. Also mine is white colour wagonR

On fathers day, there was additional discount of 5K from maruti.

Last edited by idea : 10th July 2012 at 12:58.
Old 10th July 2012, 13:48   #64
Senior - BHPian

Can you post the break up of the discounts in the New price/ discount thread for the benefits of others?
Old 10th July 2012, 15:50   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if it helps anyone.
My colleague purchased Wagon R Green for 4.6 lacs + on road out here.
One disadvantage I can see is there is zero boot space since the CNG cylinder takes away all the space in the small boot that came in the new Wagon R.
Exactly, a colleague of mine too have the CNG WagonR. No boot space, Carrier is the only way for more luggage. Also on a test drive we noticed the AC pulls lot of power from engine, even a very small slop makes it cry to move ahead with a decent pace.

Edit: couple of more points to add. If you are comparing Beat Diesel with WagonR CNG, my take will always be Beat Diesel. I haven't testdrove the diesel version though, my opinion is simply based on a Diesel engine. Secondly, there are very few CNG stations out there even in metros, second tire cities. So whenever you make intercity trips, you are primarily dependent on Petrol once out of city.

Last edited by iSpoke : 10th July 2012 at 16:00.
Old 10th July 2012, 15:58   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Also on a test drive we noticed the AC pulls lot of power from engine, even a very small slop makes it cry to move ahead with a decent pace.
That happens only in CNG mode as engine is rated less than 60BHP (59BHP) in CNG mode.

In petrol mode there is no issue with A/C on and overtaking/slop/pickup.

Last edited by bluevolt : 10th July 2012 at 16:02.
Old 10th July 2012, 16:20   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
That happens only in CNG mode as engine is rated less than 60BHP (59BHP) in CNG mode.

In petrol mode there is no issue with A/C on and overtaking/slop/pickup.
The WagonR green is also 100KG heavier than the petrol one.

Thats why there is a difference in performance even in petrol mode between the WagonR green and WagonR normal.
Old 19th July 2012, 18:49   #68
BHPian

Firstly, let me appologize for not updating the thread. Lots of things happening of late which have kept me rather busy.

My daily run is not as much as it used to be anymore, so ditched the idea of a diesel/CNG vehicle. Started looking at petrol cars and fell in love with the Dzire, booked and got delivery yesterday.

I have not been able to write down my experiences, though I hope to soon I couldn't wait to update you guys!

Cheers and thanks for all the help. Ownership report should be out soon
Old 17th October 2012, 19:25   #69

No Wagon R CNG model available for test drive???

Hi all. So I decided that I wanna test drive the Waggie CNG and see how it goes. Booked a test drive on the Vitesse website. Within less than a minute, I had one of the sales girls call me about my enquiry. Impressive stuff, yeah?

However, my joy was shortlived as I was later informed that I would be test driving a petrol Wagon R! I replied that I was primarily buying the car for the CNG option due to my daily running which is only increasing. They said that they dont offer any CNG Test Drives

Many phone calls from different sales girls and boys and all parroting the same thing. It astounds me that Maruti will sell a car and not give you a test drive with the same fuel option! Agreed that the Waggie has good reviews but one would like to ensure that the car feels good in petrol as well as CNG and that there is no discernable drop in power (esp. as CNG results in a 30% power drop in anything other than a company fit option).

Wanted to know esp. from people who have bought the Waggie CNG whether this is true i.e. no CNG test drives. I dont wanna buy something assuming that all will be ok. Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 12:22   #70
BHPian

Jesse, You can get a test drive of the CNG car from Sai Service. I stay in Goregaon West and they brought it over for a test drive from the Andheri East showroom. Insist and they will get it, however you might have to wait as it is the only one in Bombay that I know of. They got it to me the next day after asking, same day was completely booked.
Old 5th March 2015, 20:00   #71

Chevrolet Beat Diesel vs Hyundai i10 CNG

Hello All,

I have been driving an Alto LXI since 2011, and now feel a need to switch over to a new set of wheels. My need primarily is to have a family car which can tuck in comfortably my wife and my 2 year old daughter, as we roam around the city and occassionaly explore the highways. As of now my monthly run streches to 200 kms but i foresee a switch in my work location which may lead to an average monthly run of 1000 kms. Hence, i need to have a car which meets these conditions. I have done a bit of looking around and have zeroed on to Beat Diesel PS and Hyundai i10 1.1 Magna(with dealer fitted CNG). Both these cars fall within the same price bracket and i look forward for your expert opinions finalize on the best out of the two.

I did take a test drive of both the vehicles and found i10 to be comfortable, with ample space but have my apprehensions with respect to the new irde2 engine as compared to the now discontinued kappa 1.2. Also, would like to have opinions on the dealer fitted CNG and how does it fare in the long run.
The Beat Diesel on the other hand though cramped up at the back, was comfortable to drive and was smooth within the gear shifts to provide decent pickup. I couldnt feel the engine noise within the cabin but have had some negative feedback about the same. The main reasons for me being a bit inclined towards the Beat is because of a diesel car being within my budget and the mantainence package(@ 31500) being provided by chevrolet which ensures no further mantainence cost for the next 3 years. I did have very negative feedback from my mechanic who services my Alto, saying the engine of Beat doesnt last long and would loose all its steam within a span of atmost 2 years.

Looking forward to all your help here in letting me decide which one to go for.

Thanks in Anticipation
Dev
Old 5th March 2015, 23:54   #72
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Beat Diesel vs Hyundai i10 CNG

It's the famous fiat 1.3 multijet engine.
A close friend has done 60k+ KMS in his diesel beat. No issues till now.
Old 6th March 2015, 01:04   #73
BHPian

The i10. It is a far better package, better reliability. Hyundai backs its top selling cars to the hilt, eg Santro. The little hitch is dealer fitted CNG kit. But it is not a deal breaker.

The Beat is a wonderful car, the funky styling, almost toy-like handling, great in city traffic, checks all the boxes, and yet lacks the last bit to seal the deal. The Beat is not a family car IMHO, its best suited for DINK's.

Go for the i10, it may be common on the roads, but that is because more people trust it and find it a better value for money.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 02:38   #74
Senior - BHPian

Well, let me try to put in some inputs from a Beat Petrol owner.
Comparing a Diesel vs Petrol model is difficult, but then it can be done.
Others will, but I will not recommend another model in the market.
Every other car is prohibitively expensive to be called a hatchback. And if they are cheap, it is the version with nothing in it.

If I understand your need correctly, short city drives, and a bit of highway run, these two fit the pocket perfect. The only advice I have is to go for Beat Petrol instead of Diesel. Why pay a premium for Diesel ?

Anyways, here is my personal comparision of the two models you have shortlisted.
Note: D = Diesel; P = Petrol

Pros (of Beat):
- Good Styling of Beat compared to i10 (Personal choice).
- Good Handling - A zillion people would agree to the jumping jack suspension of i10 vs the stiffer suspension of Beat
- Good Mileage - Beat D gives 25.44kmpl vs 19.81 kmpl in i10 P.
- More power in Beat D - 142.5 Nm in Beat D against 99 Nm in i10 P,

Cons (of Beat):
- Zero luggage space in Beat D (170l) compared to i10 P (225l).
- Chevrolet Service quality is still a question mark. Hyundai is the 2nd best to Maruti.
- More maintenace for a Chevrolet product - Every 6 months for Beat D vs 1 year for i10.

Read more about the Service costs here:

http://www.cardekho.com/chevrolet-beat/service-cost.htm
http://www.cardekho.com/hyundai-i10/...l_Service_Cost

If you ask me personally as a friend, I would recommend you the Beat over i10. It has all the bells and whistles and more advantage of comfort, engine, safety over i10. But when it comes to Chevrolet service, it is miles behind Hyundai.

There are lot of comparision sites, which gives you more details about the bells and whistles of each car.
I have taken some snippets of the more important aspects of each car, like engine, power, mileage, tyres, etc.

http://www.cardekho.com/compare/chev...yundai-i10.htm
I am no way related to the above website. It is just another website that I keep referring to.

Wagon R CNG vs Beat Diesel-capture.jpg

Wagon R CNG vs Beat Diesel-capture1.jpg

Wagon R CNG vs Beat Diesel-capture2.jpg

Wagon R CNG vs Beat Diesel-capture3.jpg

Wagon R CNG vs Beat Diesel-capture5.jpg

I see you had mentioned about selecting Beat's variant PS. Please don't do that. Go for the LT variant which has the bells and whistles. I know it is 70k more than PS. But it is justified.

Good Luck with your purchase.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 6th March 2015 at 02:40.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 08:39   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motionfreak View Post
It's the famous fiat 1.3 multijet engine.
A close friend has done 60k+ KMS in his diesel beat. No issues till now.
Multijet? No you're wrong. It's a 1liter Diesel engine on the BEAT.
---------------------------
I would frankly not recommend the BEAT for the simple reason of seating ergonomics and how the vehicle makes you feel while driving it. There's a sort of connection with the road that's missing on the BEAT and you tend to get extra-stressed with traffic around. Something I don't experience riding the i10 or our M800.

Take testdrives of both cars in peak traffic and pick a car.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks