Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2006, 19:38   #1
BHPian

Santro or Wagen-R

Hi
I was planing to buy a used car Esteem MPFI or any other sedan. After loking for a long time i have not been able to find a good car hence I have decided to buy a new car.
My budget was 2.5 for a used car (down payment of 70 K and rest finiance) i am planing to use the same to buy a new car. I love the SWIFT but find it a bit expencive 4.5 L so comming down a bit trying to decide between the new Santro or wagenR both of which will cost at lease 90K to 1L less than the SWIFT.
This is my first car and will keep it for the next 5-6 years. I will be using the car only on weekends and mostly in the city with a long trip once in a while. Which car will suit me more ?or should i go for the SWIFT??

Last edited by bhogalrajnish : 28th March 2006 at 19:42.
Old 28th March 2006, 20:16   #2
BHPian

Hey....

Wagon-R was my first Car....i did not like it becoz did not have enough thrills on it...
But I have used a Wagon-R for almost 2 years, it's an excellent car, great in the City, Easy to drive & park, good visibility makes it even good for the city. Economical, Easy maintenance...
I drove about 17kms before i sold it, never had any trouble (..As any other Maruti, it's reliable).
But not meant for highways... the car just shakes as you pass some heavy truck at high speeds...which may scare you...

On the contrast, Swift & Esteem is meant for both city as well as Highway....
if you want to keep a car for weekends & long drives go for an Esteem...
I'm looking for an Esteem Mpfi like you after disposing my Carb esteem.

Cheers

Last edited by bruce : 28th March 2006 at 20:26.
Old 28th March 2006, 20:22   #3
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Only on weekends... WagonR would be fine for you.
No use streatching yourself for the swift!... since its only weekends.

I believe santro says, service me every 6 months.... wagonR says 1 year.

PS: bhogal? is that where you put up?
Old 28th March 2006, 21:13   #4
BHPian

yeah slk absolutely rit wagonr needs lesser servicing then required by santro ,i own both of them but beleive me for hard driving i find wagonr much better ,its a hard car not like the santro ,morover both r good but as per ur usage i think go for wagonr!!!
Old 28th March 2006, 21:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Is it the Santro Xing ur talkin abt? If so then definately pick that over the Wagon R. Its a really nice, comfy and a good revving car. I really started liking it, thanks to JK, on our trip the Cochin. Was stable at 140kmph and everytin seemed fine.
Old 29th March 2006, 18:03   #6
BHPian

Go for the Wagon R, its reliable and requires less maintenance when comapared to the santro. Also the spares for maruthi would be cheaper when compare to Hyundai.and above all servicing, u can get it done almost everywhere !!
Old 29th March 2006, 18:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support Staff : Please use the search feature before posting. This topic has been discussed before.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks