Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2006, 12:13   #1
BHPian

Planning for Swift Vxi (ABS)

Hi Friends
I am planning to go for a Swift VXi (with ABS). I talked to couple of dealers in Mumbai, and none of them seem to be giving a good deal. Can members please help me with the following

1. Which is the best dealer in mumbai to buy swift from?

2. How much can I squeeze the dealers to get the best discounts and accessories?

3. Is it better to take finance through dealers or through mine own bank.

4. I am planning on upgrading to better tyres with alloy wheels. Which are the recommened tyres+mags and how much extra is that likely to cost.

5. Any other recommended accessories, best place to buy them and which brand, (e.g. security accessories, music systems etc).

Thanks

Last edited by talk2anand : 17th May 2006 at 12:18.
Old 17th May 2006, 12:32   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. Which is the best dealer in mumbai to buy swift from?
Can't answer that.

Quote:
2. How much can I squeeze the dealers to get the best discounts and accessories?
Last I tried, the best I got was free extended warranty (total of 3 years) and Rs.9,000 MGA. They were not going lower than that.

Quote:
3. Is it better to take finance through dealers or through mine own bank.
Get both rates and EMI's and see which one is lower.

Quote:
4. I am planning on upgrading to better tyres with alloy wheels. Which are the recommened tyres+mags and how much extra is that likely to cost.
There are a lot of threads on this subject in the "Wheel and tyre" section.
Quote:
5. Any other recommended accessories, best place to buy them and which brand, (e.g. security accessories, music systems etc).
Be careful here. I read a sign at the Maruti dealer that said that the warranty on the car will be void is anything is fitted from outside. So you may buy your accessories outside, but make sure you get them fitted from the dealer.
Old 17th May 2006, 15:20   #3
BHPian

hey i'm from chennai and just bought a vxi with abs,

price on road was 5.02 lakhs
i managed do get a discount of Rs19500 on that. last month they were offering free insurance, but this month the offer expired. on some hard bargaining i managed to get this much off plus some accessories like floor mats , steeting covers etc. for free..

I paid 86k as downpayment and rest (4 lakhs) was loan from indian bank @ 9pc for 3 years. thats around 12700 per month. So total i'd have to pay back about 4.57 to the bank. I think thats very reasonable...

hope that helps

Last edited by sleepy : 17th May 2006 at 15:24.
Old 17th May 2006, 16:46   #4
BHPian

Hi Anand,
I think almost all queries are already answered here. I would recomend you to fix Nippon anty theft from Maruti itself so that there wont be any complication in warrenty. Its a bit pricey though you can bargain and reach down to a 200+ to the normal market price. REgarding Audio system i would suggest you to buy the stereo and speakers from outside and get it done at maruti workshop. For the front doors go for component speakers otherwise there wil be a lot distrotion at mid and above volume. You can check out Sony Explode CDXM7810 single CD player. Its a decent set with lot of provisions for upgrade. For rear side better go for 400W oval speakers on the parcel tray(U can get a 3/4" wooden tray covered with wool for 175RS). Better dont opt back door speakers , because low frequency will not be good and terribly high rate of noise will be the result. After fixing up, Fade the sound 2 - 4 points to the rear speakers so that you will get a proper sound with less distrotion at high volume.
Old 17th May 2006, 21:59   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper
Hi Anand,
I think almost all queries are already answered here. I would recomend you to fix Nippon anty theft from Maruti itself so that there wont be any complication in warrenty. Its a bit pricey though you can bargain and reach down to a 200+ to the normal market price. REgarding Audio system i would suggest you to buy the stereo and speakers from outside and get it done at maruti workshop. For the front doors go for component speakers otherwise there wil be a lot distrotion at mid and above volume. You can check out Sony Explode CDXM7810 single CD player. Its a decent set with lot of provisions for upgrade. For rear side better go for 400W oval speakers on the parcel tray(U can get a 3/4" wooden tray covered with wool for 175RS). Better dont opt back door speakers , because low frequency will not be good and terribly high rate of noise will be the result. After fixing up, Fade the sound 2 - 4 points to the rear speakers so that you will get a proper sound with less distrotion at high volume.
Hi
Thanks for the info. I am primarily concerned about security of the car to start with. Can you please give me some details about the Nippon security system and how much I should be paying after bargaining. I am thinking about going for ZXi, which has center locking. What extra features are there in the Nippon anti-theft system.

Can you also please help me with gear lock, as in which company and what cost..

Thanks ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks