Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2014, 17:26   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Automatic: Used Maruti A-Star or new Honda Brio? EDIT: It's a Brio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
Hi Folks . I drive an AT Laura and we have a second fabia that I /driver have been driving. Now my driver has left and my wife has decided to start driving. We have now decided to sell the fabia and go in for a city use AT and keep the Laura for Highway. The challenge is my wife is 5-2 and I am 6-2. We are looking for a small car, i10, A star... that both of us can drive. My wife wants small (hatchback, no sedan) and AT, visibility and I want distance between seat and pedals, decent clearance for head. Any suggestions .... We are open to used cars, petrol, etc. Budget about 7 Lakhs, give or take 10% ... Thank you Sathya
I am also 6-2 and have a Laura and an i10 AT in my garage. I use the i10 AT for the city and the Laura does highway duty. Space in the i10 is not bad at all. Shoulder room and headroom should not be a problem, though the leg room can be a bit iffy. I push the seat all the way back and am OK with this position. It depends how far back you are used to sitting. The bigger problem I have with the i10 is pathetic dynamics, artificial feedback from steering and low mileage. Otherwise it is a very good car for the city. The ladies of the house love the light controls, small dimensions, tight turning radius and overall user friendliness and can't understand why I keep cribbing!

Since you are coming from cars like the Fabia and Laura, the i10's dynamics and steering may be a bitter pill to swallow. Watch out!

The Brio AT should be a good fit for your requirements if you are not keen on the Polo GT TSI.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 09:08   #47
BHPian

Thank you to all who responded. Sorry that I could not respond as I was travelling.

I plan to try out the Ritz and Brio AT's. Unable to find any owner reviews of Ritz AT on Team BHP though.
Sathya
Old 1st August 2014, 18:56   #48
BHPian

Update: I made the booking for a white Brio AT on 16th July, based on the dealer's promise that the car will be delivered by August end.

Now, the dealer's SA says that he has "blocked" the car and asking me to make the payment asap. He says that the car will leave the factory by August 3rd week and reach here by August end. When I asked for the VIN, he said he will get back to me on that.

So, even if I am to buy his story, if the car only leaves the Noida factory by August 3rd week, won't it mean that the car is not manufactured yet?

Is there any possibility of the SA's story being true? Has the car actually been allocated to me? OR does he just want me to make the payment early so that I do not cancel in the event of a delay?

Usually, when does one make the full payment? After the car is allocated and leaves the factory or before that?
Old 1st August 2014, 20:32   #49
BHPian

@ashwin489

Me and my family went for TD of Brio VX AT yesterday and the dealer SA guy told me 2 months waiting for the car. So not sure how you are being promised by month end.
Old 1st August 2014, 20:44   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
@ashwin489

Me and my family went for TD of Brio VX AT yesterday and the dealer SA guy told me 2 months waiting for the car. So not sure how you are being promised by month end.
Since I booked in mid-july, wait period is about 1.5 months.

But, I have a sneaking suspicion that the wait period may very well be beyond that.

Last edited by noopster : 4th August 2014 at 16:51. Reason: Posts merged- just "report" the post next time and a mod will take care of it
Old 4th August 2014, 15:23   #51
VMG
BHPian

I got my AT in 6 weeks; booked in last week of April and got it in 5th June.
Normally it takes 10 days to reach Chennai from the factory. This 6 weeks I waited because of blue color most of the other colors were readily available.
VMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 10:22   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
I got my AT in 6 weeks; booked in last week of April and got it in 5th June.
Normally it takes 10 days to reach Chennai from the factory. This 6 weeks I waited because of blue color most of the other colors were readily available.
Btw, when did the SA give you the car's VIN details?

Was it when he informed you that the car has been allocated in the system? Or was it just before the car left the factory?
Old 6th August 2014, 12:01   #53
VMG
BHPian

Before car left the factory.
VMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 00:32   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
I plan to try out the Ritz and Brio AT's. Unable to find any owner reviews of Ritz AT on Team BHP though.
Sathya
Add the brilliant Polo Tsi to that, going by your affection for Germans, you'll be highly impressed. Assuming that you too will be taking the reins occasionally, I'd strongly recommend you request for a test drive. And though you have quoted your budget, who knows one drive and you may not be looking for further answers, there is a world of difference and it explains the increase.

Last edited by s_pphilip : 3rd September 2014 at 00:38.
Old 10th September 2014, 15:25   #55
BHPian

Got the Brio delivered last week.

Mods: please close this thread
ashwin489 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks