Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2006, 06:14   #1

Hi Friends!

I'm pretty new to the car world.. After much of research and deliberation, I decided to buy Indica Xeta which best suits my requirements and budget.

Before I approach the dealers, I wanted to get some idea on how the prices are negotiated, dealers are dealt etc..

- As no major deals going on with Tata at present, what discounts can I expect from them?
- Even though I work for a major software firm, my company is not listed to avail their corporate discounts, what are the usual corporate disounts offered?
- Out of the three dealers in Hyderabad - Autofin, Concorde and Malik Cars, who is the best to go for?
- Any things to watch out for, specially when buying a car from Tata? I have read people complaining about dents and scratches on the car in the showroom itself..

Thanks for your time!
Old 30th August 2006, 09:16   #2
BHPian

Indica is available with insurance free offer till September 15th.We have bought 2 cars one Indica DLS and another Indigo both from Concorde.Well the showroom experiance is same for all dealers ,but concorde mechanics are much better.
Old 30th August 2006, 10:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

There is a great review on this site about Autofin and their service. Whoever you buy your car from, you can get your car serviced from Autofin.
Old 30th August 2006, 11:19   #4
BHPian

Concord is the worst, while Malik and Autofin both are doing tremendously good! jus try to make a bargain and see which one offers u best and take it from them.
Old 30th August 2006, 22:22   #5
BHPian

Why do you want to buy a Tata Indica Xeta in the first place?

That car is good ONLY if you're planning to install a CNG/LPG kit as the warranty does not get void.

Or if you're planning to convert it into a cab.
Old 31st August 2006, 00:22   #6

Tushar,

I thought the reviews were good and many were suggesting to purchase Xeta, no? Why do you say its bad with out a CNG/LPG? It seem to have better power than many cars in its segment as well as quite spacious.. On top of this, milage is around 13 kmpl with AC on.. am i missing some thing?
Old 31st August 2006, 03:55   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobreaks
Tushar,

I thought the reviews were good and many were suggesting to purchase Xeta, no? Why do you say its bad with out a CNG/LPG? It seem to have better power than many cars in its segment as well as quite spacious.. On top of this, milage is around 13 kmpl with AC on.. am i missing some thing?
Nobreaks,

I've done a bit of research cause even I'm thinking of buying a Xeta and getting a CNG kit installed.

Indica is a no doubt a great Value For Money car and offers an amazing amount of space, but it's not very refined, the quality of spares is suspect and there's a big question mark on its long-term reliability.

If you go for LPG/CNG/Diesel, the negatives are offset by the huge savings but if it's quality that you want, then I think it makes more sense to go for a Maruti or a Hyundai.

Also, consider the fact that Tata's expertise lies in diesel engines. Their petrol efforts havn't really been inspiring so far. They've got a long way to go to to reach anywhere near the levels of the competition.

As for 13 kmpl with ac, that's the company's claim which you should take with a pinch of salt. You may get that under test conditions, but in the city you'll be lucky to get around 11 kmpl.

I'd suggest you first test drive the Xeta, WagonR, Santro and Alto and also talk to some of the existing owners to get a better idea.
Old 31st August 2006, 11:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Check this link. Thats a short story on just delivered Indica Xeta

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ny-dealer.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks