Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2006, 14:57   #1

Help me in deciding whether to go in for New Ford Fusion or Not ?

Hi Team

Iam intrested in Buying New Ford Fusion (Aka Europian 2006 Version)
Seen it, but yet to take a TD,
The car will be used for driving about 70 Km on weekdays and about 200 km on weekends
I checked up with the Ford showroom at Thane and they said it does not come with ABS, but another showroom said that a variant with ABS is available.Does it also come with electronically adjustable LH & RH Mirrors

Can some teambhp members shed light on the following aspects

FE :
Steering Response :
Pickup Response Ratio to Gear:
Suspension :
Road Noise :
Brakeing :
Service Factors: (Of Ford in general in Thane,Mumbai)
Cost/Availability of Spares/Components in Open Market:
Maintainance Level of Ford Cars: (In general Icon/Fiesta/Fusion/+)
VFM :

ECU/ECM Parameter Tweaking :
Scope of Modification :
Convertability to LPG : (Once Warrenty is over)
Accessories for Fusion (Nice to have in New Model ):

What discounts should i bargain for and do the dealers give it ?

Total Maintainance Plan : Years or KM
Intrest Waiver for Period : 1,2,3 ? eg on a 5 year loan
Intrest %
What would be the best landing price (Octroi Paid) in Thane:

Who according to you would be the best dealer in Thane/Mumbai for Ford :

All the above aspects will help me in deciding weather to go in for the New Ford Fusion ?

Thanks in advance for your time & advice

Iyer

( Mods : since its my first post you may
Old 4th September 2006, 17:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Variant with abs has not yet been officialy launched by ford india then how is the dealer saying he can provide you with one
Old 5th September 2006, 00:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
Variant with abs has not yet been officialy launched by ford india then how is the dealer saying he can provide you with one
maybe old stock if available...
Old 5th September 2006, 01:08   #4

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

wait for more feedback on the car before you buy it.everybody else's opinion will be different from your own.dont buy until you are satisfied with it.usually the mags would do a first drive and you get to know the flaws and good points.
Old 5th September 2006, 10:13   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
PLease do test it before arriving at a decision. But if you can digest the looks (I Cant), the Fusion is a hell of a package at the new prices.
Old 5th September 2006, 13:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Spent all of yesterday driving around in brainscooper's Fusion, so I think I can provide some first hand info

Steering Response : Very nice, though it seems to require quite a few turns from lock to lock.

Pickup Response Ratio to Gear: I dont understand what this means, but if you want to know how well it picks up, you need at least 3k on the Tacho before you get the engine to pull urgently. Reminded me of my old Accent, though it doesnt knock at lower RPM like the Accent - it just picks up very gradually. Post 3k there is a bit of fun.

Suspension : FIRM and great on smooth roads. Quite jarring and noisy on anything less than smooth, but gives the driver a very good feel of the road.

Road Noise : HIGH

Brakeing : Pretty good, considering this is a Ford.

Service Factors: Ask Brainscooper

Cost/Availability of Spares/Components in Open Market: Hmmm...I believe spares are costly. The plastic cladding on brainscooper's LHS Rear (including the rear wheelwell and part of the sideskirt) fell of somewhere along the way yesterday and is expected to cost a bomb. THankfully he expects to get this from his dealer as it has been coming loose on and off every now and then and it does not look like they'd fixed it well enough. Left front suspension seems a bit suspect as well and the windows still have a bit of rattle in them.

VFM : I wont consider any Ford VFM in view of recurring costs.

Overall, it isnt a car that you should consider unless this is the only one that fits you physically (as in Brainscooper's case - he needed a spacious car that wont get his knees up to his ear since he's 6' 3" and DIDNT want the City within his budget).

Last edited by Steeroid : 5th September 2006 at 13:31.
Old 5th September 2006, 14:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to add: on the way to the airport I was driving like a maniac and a Toyota Innova stayed on our tail till we hit speeds of 100+ or went through fast sweeping curves where it obviously had to slow down. The Fusion's engine needs to be kept on the boil if you want to travel fast.
Old 5th September 2006, 16:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyer
Hi Team

Iam intrested in Buying New Ford Fusion (Aka Europian 2006 Version)

All the above aspects will help me in deciding weather to go in for the New Ford Fusion ?

Thanks in advance for your time & advice

Iyer
Hai Iyer,

Check out the following link for a lowdown on the fusion, there are about 200+ fusion owners discussing it:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/fordfusion/

You'd get plenty of grumbles about the car and more of cheers. Test deive to decide.

As for me, it's the best buy for the price and features; if you keep it reved up above 2k and are happy with a not-a-me-too car fusion is the way to go. I've driven it for a year plus and clocked 15000 Kms; very few cars around its class can play tag with it on the high ways.

--Ramky
----------------
Old 5th September 2006, 17:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

Steering Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Spent all of yesterday driving around in brainscooper's Fusion, so I think I can provide some first hand info

Steering Response : Very nice, though it seems to require quite a few turns from lock to lock.

If you want to know the steering response follow the threat already there. From lock to lock fusion turns in 2.5 turns.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...g-designs.html

-----------
Old 7th September 2006, 15:56   #10

Thanks everybody....but the quest still continues.....before i buy
GTO : I too thought its VFM
HellSpawn: Very few reviews for new Ford Fusion....Hmm Not much meat...
Steeroid :I liked it bcause its a bit different from the usual cars, and by the looks & TD ( i did it today) i thought its will have less maintainance,hence no recurring costs.
Ramky: Is the car maintainance prone,,,thats a question i was pondering upon...What about FE..

Has Anybody tweaked ECU/ECm of fusion etc....or done any mods ( Obviously on the previous varient of Fusion)

Thanks TEAM for your effort...

Iyer
Old 4th March 2009, 21:11   #11

ford fusion+ with ABS petrol.well i had a very bad expriance with this car

well hi every body,i own ford fusion+ with ABS petrol.well i had a very bad expriance with this car .i purchased this car 3years back .
in the very 2nd month there was engine break down reason Ignition coil failed .company replaced that under warrenty.
Next again after 4months had suspension problem it was fealling hard.when car sent to service centre they said it is manufacturing defeact.they changed all 4 Suspensions under warrenty.
next had problem with power window was not responding paid like Rs.2000 for repairs and problem again cropedup.
next after 2years strange noise was coming from front left wheel.service center said wheel bearing damaged.ok i paid Rs.3000 for it.
again after 5months same type of noise was coming now from front right wheel.again service center said wheel bearing damaged.ok i paid Rs.3000.
now more recent problem engine missing in first and second gear.
service center said ECM is damaged.Estimate cost Rs.45,000/-.
so i would suggest never ever buy any ford car.because for service are cheating the customers buy replacing part with old one so again and some problem comes in your car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks