Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2006, 14:28   #1
BHPian

I was planning to go for a CNG Xeta but a salesman from Vivek Motors told me I should opt for the Palio instead cause Xetas are not as reliable.

The warranty doesn't get void in either case.

Considering that it's going for an 80k discount and the fact that CNG would take care of the higher fuel consumption, you guys think it's a good idea?

Please advise.
Old 12th October 2006, 16:37   #2
BHPian

Fiat has not come out with CNG option. As far as my knowledge goes, warranty will be void if you fit a CNG in Palio. But Fiat is supposed to come out with a CNG kit for palio and your warranty is not affected if you opt for it. So, please confirm this before you buy the palio.
Old 12th October 2006, 16:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But Fiat is supposed to come out with a CNG kit for palio and your warranty is not affected if you opt for it. So, please confirm this before you buy the palio.
Yes, get it in written from the dealer.
Old 13th October 2006, 12:46   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer
Fiat has not come out with CNG option. As far as my knowledge goes, warranty will be void if you fit a CNG in Palio. But Fiat is supposed to come out with a CNG kit for palio and your warranty is not affected if you opt for it. So, please confirm this before you buy the palio.
I called up all the three Fiat dealers in Delhi today. They said waranty won't be void if authorised CNG kit is used and that I can get the kit fitted at the dealership itself (though it'll cost a little more then). One of them even told me that the company has asked them to "encourage" the CNG option. (I don't know it's FIAT's eagerness to clear old stock or salesman feeding me crap.)

I've asked for a test drive tomorrow. I'll get more details then.

Is it better to buy a Palio from a FIAT dealership or a TATA-FIAT dealership? I've heard FIAT dealers are pretty bad. Has anyone dealt with Samyak Motors in Patparganj? It's the closest to my place.

Please advise.
Old 13th October 2006, 14:08   #5
BHPian

It does not matter which dealership you buy it from as later you can get the service from any of the Fiat-Tata service centers.

I personally prefer Fiat to Tata.
Old 13th October 2006, 19:51   #6
BHPian

I once got my Palio 1.2 serviced from there. Atleast service center felt somewhat above than average. Secondly as already said you can buy the car from anywhere and get it serviced anywhere. The place to buy would be the one who has the vehicle you want (in whatever combination of colours, accessories etc.) and is offering the lowest price. Try and haggle over the price by quoting the price you got from other dealers. Repeat this excerise till you think that they won't buldge any further.
Old 13th October 2006, 21:03   #7
BHPian

I'm getting the 1.2 ELPS version for Rs 3.3 lakh on road.

The manufacturer is giving a 50k discount and the dealer is waiving off 1st year insurance and registration charges (around Rs 30k), bringing the total discount to around Rs 80,000.

This also means that I don't have to pay anything as down payment.

Pretty good deal, I think.

I'll get the exact details tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks