Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2006, 09:49   #16

Hi,

It is shocking hear problem. In June, I bought Palio 1.6 and it is running like a dream car ! I have done about 4300 mostly on highway, >120kmph and cant believe it can be so good. I have had absolutely no problem. I bought it from Manipal in BLR.

Thanks
Prakash
Old 19th October 2006, 10:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenkatMunukutla
And unfortunately or fortunately i took a test drive of icon flair and fusion.

Fusion is awesome and icon is also equally good in terms of its response.
Venkat, both the cars you have listed are very much driver oriented, and will keep a smile on your face while driving.

Though the Fusion is a much better car than the Ikon, it lacks a boot, but makes up for it in interior space and flexible seating option.

Also, I find the 1.3 engine in a Flair to be quite a disappointment over the 1.6 engine in Fusion, which has got loads of low-end punch.

The new beige interiors in the Fusion are also much better than the tacky plastic used in the Ikon.

So, for around 1L more, you lose a boot, perhaps some FE, but gain a more powerful engine, a newer design, better interiors and a unique car.

Though beware of Fusion OEM parts - last ACI survey showed them to be quite costly.

PS - though if you up your budget further, you can also think about the Fiesta 1.6, which has all the +ves of the Fusion + better FE, and a boot, and better resale too.

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 19th October 2006 at 10:25.
Old 19th October 2006, 14:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
PS - though if you up your budget further, you can also think about the Fiesta 1.6, which has all the +ves of the Fusion + better FE, and a boot, and better resale too.
For now. Except for Hondas and Skoda Diesels I dont really see any value in evaluating resale. With the number of cars being launched - something that happens every other day now, resale is something that will keep dropping. Though I do think the Fiesta is a nice enough car.

To the starter of the thread:
The Fords are pretty decent cars though I personally don't like them. And if you do have money to spend on a Fusion, I suggest you evaluate the Baleno too. If you have had a bad experience with Fiat then stay away from Fiats.

P.S. I love Fiats.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks