Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2006, 17:38   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative

Otherwise I would pick the Adventure. The Petra is good in its own way but does not have as much oomph.
Sorry Type O but I just have to disagree with you on that. Like Supreme Baleno said, the Adventure is admittedly gaining takers recently, but then it does not have the true off roader proportions and to me it looks more a station wagon, which is not my kind of shape. The extended third window seems to take away a lot from the looks; as if the end got elongated by mistake. Its the same with the Marina and the Alturo. Its probably me, but then I prefer hatchbacks or sedans anyday.
Old 8th November 2006, 17:40   #17

Friends.. Waht will be the minimum price for both the models in Pune in this Fiat's discount happy market?
Old 8th November 2006, 17:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg
Sorry Type O but I just have to disagree with you on that. ..... Its probably me, but then I prefer hatchbacks or sedans anyday.
To each his own Prabuddha. If I was single, I would in all probability choose the Petra over the Adventure. But as things stand now, it is the Adventure for me. The cladding, the bull bar and the extra ground clearance make it more suitable for me. Plus the ride is a bit more softer. Of course, the Adventure is nowhere in the league of the Petra when it comes to whizzing in the ghats.
Old 8th November 2006, 18:06   #19
BHPian

The importance for solid soft roaders is really being felt now that we know what the rains can do to our city roads.Apart from looking butch and solid,the Adventure is really what is required on our roads.High ground clearance and Pirellis will really help on Pune roads.The car glides over pretty much anything.The downside being that those tyres are going to wear off really soon.You will definitely need a replacement at the say 20-25000 kms.There will hardly be any FE difference between the Petra and Adventure.You should manage 8-9 kms to a litre in city and 14-16 kms on the highway.Some people have reported even more. The other downside is that the interiors a real let down in comparison to its exteriors.
In comparison, the Petra does have a good suspension set up bit you will feel that it is stiff at low speeds.The ride gets better as you speed up.The Petra will be easier to handle in the city .There will be less body roll in comparison to the Adventure since the latter is a station wagon.It will also feel fast in comparison.But somehow the Petra does'nt look all that convincing.Its still feels like a Palio + boot.The saving grace being it does look pretty presentable in black or moon mist grey(love that colour infact).
If you can live with having to replace your Pirellis at a pretty early stage,then buy the adventure.Its still a notch above the Petra.

@Supreme, most dealers in Mumbai are of the opinion that Adventure is doing better business than the Palios and Petras.

Last edited by roms : 8th November 2006 at 18:14.
Old 8th November 2006, 18:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms
@Supreme, most dealers in Mumbai are of the opinion that Adventure is doing better business than the Palios and Petras.
Looks like the same in Chennai too. Petra is pretty much non-existent here - till date I have seen only one - some silver shade. Though there are quite some Palios around.
Old 8th November 2006, 18:36   #21
BHPian

Hi,

I was actually thinking of replacing my Peugeot with a Palio 1.9D.

I did get an opinion from people at Electra that Palio's are costly to maintain in the longer run. Looks like everything comes in kits and Individual spares are not always available. Marketing ?

This is the same opinion that I got from Mechanic Kannan (from Coimbatore - Tuner for Racer Karivaradan). He refused to lay hands on my cousins Uno for the same reason.

You get individual spares for Peugeot, at a relatively lesser price !!!

Have seen and followed a White Petra 1.9D on the highway. Either the Driver was brilliant or the Car. It was an absolute beauty to follow.

But I sincerely feel that you should wait for some more time, since 2007 and a slew of new generation cars are around the corner, the 1.3 MultiJet in particular.

ultimately its your take.

All the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks