Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2018, 19:38   #16
BHPian

Re: What should we do? Jazz vs Amaze vs Aspire

I was exactly in the same situation a few months back. I have selected the ETIOS 1.5 V grade because of its engine. Its so drivable that the need for an automatic is hardly felt. Third gear takes you as low as 20 Kmph and still the engine climbs once acceleration is given. Disadvantage is that other than white or silver, most colours have a long waiting period. This car has the most suitable engine for Kerala's narrow highways.

Since you mentioned that you are not into ETIOS, I would suggest the VW POLO. The 1200 cc engine dsepite being a three cylinder unit is very driver friendly and hardly stalls. Its the most premium and the safest car under 10 lakhs.

If TATA's service is good in your city, then the ZEST is also a good choice.

I was impressed with Honda's interiors and engine but the fact that neither the Jazz nor the Amaze is crash tested put me off. The same appplies for i20, a very capable car.

After seeing the SCORPIO crash test, I am not taking anything for granted. 4 Star NCAP on the Indian version is very important for me.

If safety and ease of driving are the most important facets of the decision, POLO is the best choice in my opinion.
Captain Haddock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 21:52   #17
BHPian

What should we do? Jazz vs Amaze vs Aspire

Between Jazz and Amaze I would any day go with the Jazz as I am not a big fan of compact sedans. Also you would have enough space in the Jazz and even the boot is great even by compact sedans standards. Note that the Ameo comes with just 330 ltrs of boot. Both have similar interiors and same engine so nothing much to choose from.

In the premium hatchback segment if you want a petrol only a Maruti Baleno and Jazz makes sense to me. If you add diesel into the contention then there are more options. Case in point - Figo diesel ( trend) makes great sense in your case.

Last edited by Waspune : 4th March 2018 at 21:54.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 09:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
If it's strictly between these two, my vote goes to the Jazz

Take back-to-back TDs of the Jazz & the new Elite i20 and see which one matches your requirements more. .
As I mentioned earlier, we kept our options limited to above three cars. However, looking at above suggestions, we visited Hyundai yesterday. Hyundai I20 Elite looks like a perfect match for our requirements. Yes! HondaDealer offered a mouthwatering discount for Jazz. Thanks for your suggestion.

By the way, after yesterday's Hyundai visit, Dad is ready to consider other cars and visit other brands. Amaze is out Of equation now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
I was exactly in the same situation a few months back. I have selected the ETIOS 1.5 V grade because of its engine.
Yes, We are going to TD Platinum Etios also. The only issue with POLO is the cramped rear seat. Thanks for your suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Between Jazz and Amaze I would any day go with the Jazz as I am not a big fan of compact sedans

In the premium hatchback segment if you want a petrol only a Maruti Baleno and Jazz makes sense to me.
So far, Jazz is leading the race with tough competition from i20 elite. Thanks for your suggestion.
Old 5th March 2018, 17:34   #19
BHPian

Honda Amaze and Hyundai i20 I believe are due for a makeover/refresh. At such a time, in your place, I won't put my money on either of them.

On the other hand, TATA Tigor seems to be a fresh option with loads of features. The only downside I see is that the safety features are reserved for the top end model.

Jazz too is a very good proposition and having driven one can say it is pretty refined and good at space.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 09:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
On the other hand, TATA Tigor seems to be a fresh option with loads of features.
Today is a big day, we are going to visit all the brands including TATA, Toyota and Maruti Suzuki. Let's see.

Quote:
Jazz too is a very good proposition and having driven one can say it is pretty refined and good at space.
Yes, We all are attracted to Jazz. So far it is leading the race.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 11:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

We TDed Xcent, I20 Elite, Aspire, Jazz & WRV. Dad rejected Xcent and Aspire after a short test drive. We all liked I20 Elite, and they have some 2017 manufactured I20 with a nice discount.

Things took a different & interesting turn when we visited Honda showroom. Dad wanted to test drive a Jazz and he saw a WRV in the display. Dad liked WRV and took a TD of WRV instead of Jazz. IMHO, WRV is jacked up and cladded Jazz. Dad liked WRV's taller seating position, ground clearance and Interior space. WRV is out of our budget of 8 Lakh (WRV Edge Edition Petrol OTR is 8,96,100) but dad is ok with it.

So, now, We are also considering WRV.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 11:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Things took a different & interesting turn when we visited Honda showroom.
That's the funny thing with this 7-10L(ex-showroom) segment now. You have premium hatches at the lower to mid range of the spectrum overlapping compact sedans and the latter overlapping the raised hatches( a.k.a C-SUVs) at the higher end of the spectrum. Interesting times indeed.

BTW didn't you visit TATA? If WRV has entered the scene why leave out checking out the NEXON & then the Ecosport? Gosh!!! Happy shopping
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 10:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Sunday was fun. We (Me and Dad) visited almost all the dealers in my home city. TDed almost all the shortlisted vehicles. We brought some demo cars to home to check it on our porch (a small one). New Dzire got accommodated nicely in remaining space of our small porch. Dad disliked new Dzire's built quality but appreciated interior space.

What should we do? Jazz vs Amaze vs Aspire. EDIT: WR-V it is-por1.jpg

What should we do? Jazz vs Amaze vs Aspire. EDIT: WR-V it is-por2.jpg

So what are we going to do? Still thinking.

Jazz SV or WRV Edge Edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
That's the funny thing with this 7-10L(ex-showroom) segment now. Interesting times indeed.
This is confusing as well as funny for us. However, one dilemma was solved by our limited parking space, we cant go beyond 4meter.

Quote:
BTW didn't you visit TATA?
Well, I have nothing against TATA but Tigor looks dull and Nexon is overdone (My Personal Opinion)
Old 12th March 2018, 10:59   #24
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Among the three shortlisted options, I'd suggest you to go for the Jazz. You can get good discounts on the Jazz which will bring the SV under your budget. And even though you don't want to go for a Maruti or a Hyundai, I have to say that the K12 engine is the best petrol engine in the segment.

Edit- You should definitely go for the WRV Edge Edition, if you can stretch your budget.

Last edited by AYP : 12th March 2018 at 11:13.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 12:52   #25
BANNED

Considering the facts:

i) your dad and wife will be using it,
ii) the tight parking space,
iii) limited use,

I'll suggest a high-seating Petrol automatic well under 4m. Ignis AMT Delta / Zeta is my choice.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 23rd March 2018 at 13:05.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 20:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
You should definitely go for the WRV Edge Edition, if you can stretch your budget.
WRV Edge Edition is a nice package. We are confused beetwin Jazz and WRV. Jazz is under our budget with heavy discounts. We are going to final the car tomorrow. DAD want to have one more TD before finalizing the car. Most probably it"ll be a WRV.
Old 29th March 2018, 14:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most probably it"ll be a WRV.
We finalized and booked WRV Edge Edition Petrol. We (I) were inclined to Jazz. Jazz was 1.50Lakhs cheaper than WRV. Dad liked taller seating position, interior space and overall styling(Crossover styling) of WRV. Wife also liked WRV and selected Premium Amber Metallic colour (IMO, Ugly).

Thank you very much BHPians for all your inputs. It helped a lot.
I updated price and other details at the "I Booked my Car" thread.

Mods: Can we edit/rename this thread with the finalized/booked car?
Old 12th April 2018, 12:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Re: What should we do? Jazz vs Amaze vs Aspire. EDIT: WR-V it is

Quote:
We finalized and booked WRV Edge Edition Petrol.
Happy to announce that I got delivery of Honda WR- V Edge Edition yesterday.

What should we do? Jazz vs Amaze vs Aspire. EDIT: WR-V it is-1111.jpg
What should we do? Jazz vs Amaze vs Aspire. EDIT: WR-V it is-2222.jpg

My daughter Ziva ran away with that big key and asked me to click her in front of Dad's car (MS Brezza). She likes Dad's car more than Papa(he grandfather)'s car ( WR-V).

What should we do? Jazz vs Amaze vs Aspire. EDIT: WR-V it is-7777.jpg

Both the cars in one frame.
What should we do? Jazz vs Amaze vs Aspire. EDIT: WR-V it is-6666.jpg

Thank you very much BHPians for all your inputs. Ownership Thread to start soon !!
SJM1214 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks