Team-BHP - My new car Fusion or SRV EDIT: Now booked Fusion
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   My new car Fusion or SRV EDIT: Now booked Fusion (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/19773-my-new-car-fusion-srv-edit-now-booked-fusion-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 341304)
For sheer driveability and fun factor, I'd any day go in for that lascivious Ford 1.6 ROCAM engined Fusion.

That's a DuraTec engine, as in 16-valve DOHC that comes with the Fiesta 1.6, instead of the 8v SOHC engine that came with the Ikon.
I fully agree with your driveability and fun factor comment. Good choice, fancyplayer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 342291)
Did i miss something ? What i have heard that fusion is very stable on highways and its handling is just like any other good handling sedan...

And this is coming from a lot of fusion owners.

Relatively speaking... if you know what i mean.
SRV is but an Optra without boot... which one would behave better 'overall' is up for discussion though i still abide by what i said.

fun to drive = FIAT adventure or FIAT Petra 1.6 and look at their performance figures and all come under 6.5lakhs on-road and with acres of space.

The FIAT is here to stay as they recently announced about pumping 2000Cr.

I did consider the adventure. I am not very sure of the mileage and then future, announcing is one thing and doing it is another, I am not saying they wont do it (invest 2000 cr), I am a big fan of FIAT. Just that I had a bad experience - buying a Daewoo Matiz and the company closing down. What I may do is wait for Palio 1.1 to come out and see how it is on the sales chart.

And yes did I hear someone say the AVEO. I was in the Chevrolet showroom looking at the SRV. The Aveo did catch my attention, but did not bother much about it. The sales person was trying get my attention to the Aveo, not sure why. I havent tried the Aveo. Heard its got a notchy gear box.

I have a another question. Is it good the book the car now or wait for couple of days and take a Jan 07 model out? I will loose on the discount, but then it is just an MP3 player for the Fusion. How big will the difference be if I take an 06 model. And what counts during resale - is it the year and month of registration or the year of manufacture? - Sorry if I have gone off topic.

IMHO, You lose nothing much if you book now or Jan 1st in terms of value ect. Just the year difference thats it, bit nowdays people dont bother much abt it.
I think its the year of manufactureing that counts. not sure though.

between the 2 (SRV and Fusion) the Fusion seems more driveable. i drove the SRV on 2 occasions and the Fusion once in heavy city traffic. The Fusion I felt required fewer gear changes. For me that mean a lot. The SRV is not the pocket rocket I had expected. Maybe you can also consider the Verna?

Any opinion on the future of Fusion. Do you think Ford would continue with the fusion and bring out a diesel version maybe in a year or two or do you think they have other plans for the Fusion

SRV .... I felt it handled better...

Fancy player,
Fusion is a good option..well I just booked a new one yesterday! went through the same dilemma, but my choices were Getz, swift and Fusion. Fusion was much driveable and peppy...Spoke to people from Ford service and Fusion users..thay all had a good feedback. Maintenance is "HIGH", but dont mistake..most people tend to compare the maintenance cost with Maruti 800 and Omnis....In maruti the maintenance cost is high for swift vis a vis 800s. Ford maintenace is in par with GMs - I know cos my dad owns a Corsa.You can look at 6K per annum on service as long as you dont have any serious scratches or breakages.
On buying the new car I would suggest you to wait till Jan. Get a Jan manufactured car with 2007 reg. You can make out the car make in two places.1. Under the floot mat on the drivers side, there is a small latch which you can open and see.2. Under the bonnet, under the radiator...You can negotiate on the deals - mud flaps, MP3 etc etc.for the new one.. They will give that..depends on your nego skills. I managed to squeeze that.Also Ford has a list of companies to whoom they give Fleet package. They give Rs.9250 woth accessories...negotiate with the dealer for cash discount on that...Ford do not have good accessories and even if they have, they are overpriced. Check with the dealer whether the company u work for is included in the list.
Also nego for free painting of door handles, mirrors and side beeding..which I did
I am going for Paprika red....White is better than Silver..IMHO Silver colour does not suit the car...
Hope this helps in nego for your new car..

Every car manufacturer is planning to increase the price of their products. Do you think the price of Fusion will also be increased. This is the dilema now - if I book it before the 1st or do I wait till Jan'07

I would suggest you to buy it next year. You might get a better resale value as its a 2007 make car. There has been a announcement of price hike on Fiesta and Endavour. Not on Fusion. well if it does, thats the risk you have to take. However be prepared to shell out Extra 2K as insurance premium hike.

Gentlemen
What I have observed reg opinions on srv is that not a single person has given his remarks as a owner of the vehicle.
I purchased the option pack srv in middle oct 2006 in spite almost every person in this forum being against it.
Let me tell you that I have absolutely no regrets reg buying srv.
I have made two trips to pondicherry and one trip to goa.
15 to 16 kms/ltr with 100% ac on.Very good acceleration and fantastic road handling.At 140 kms speed unbelivable low cabin noise.
City driving quite comfortable with fuel consumption between 10 to 11kms/ltr.
And for 8.5 lacs you get airbag, alloy wheels, alpine 2din system and the best looking hatch ever on Indian roads.
Harindra

At last an SRV owner on board.. good to know that. Have you driven the fusion yet, if so ,how would you compare it with your SRV. I have the fusion and find it extermely good at performance and handling.
I think the thread started will get a better picture if we can pin point the various aspect of both the cars.

Thats right at last an SRV owner. We can hear from the horses' mouth. Well Harinidra the only thing that is putting me away from the SRV is the price. Both the SRV and Fusion are 1.6 100 bhp engines. Not much of a difference in the body specifications. I've heard that both the cars handly equally well.
I've also heard that the clutch is a bit heavy in the Fusion. Did not feel it much when I took it for a test drive. That is probably because I did not go for a long drive. Netarchie is this true?
Not much difference in the the base versions of both the cars, but the price difference is still a lakh and a half.

yes, the clutch felt heavy intially while new, but now i dont feel that way..it feels normal.