Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2006, 13:33   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Are 1.6s still available? I was under the impression they had cleared the entire stock by December 1st week.

If you can lay your hands on a 1.6, go for it by all means. IMHO even a 1.2 would be better than the 1.1 thing that will be introduced next month. Its a good thing they made substantial changes in the front and back to the 1.1. I wouldn't want people mistaking my 1.2 for one of those.
I beleive the 1.6 will be available post jan 07 as the shift to Ranjangaon and trial run are currently on. But I doubt the availability of 1.2 due to the intro of 1.1.
Old 22nd December 2006, 14:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
I beleive the 1.6 will be available post jan 07 as the shift to Ranjangaon and trial run are currently on. But I doubt the availability of 1.2 due to the intro of 1.1.
That's good news about the 1.6 :-) If that comes through, then the 1.1 does make some sense. Let's hope there will be enough design changes in the 1.6 to make it look a little less stiffshirt than the 1.1.
Old 22nd December 2006, 15:16   #18

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i dont think they will stop the production of the 1.6 engines for the simple reason that they already have a assembly line manufacturing the 1.6 engines.
also,the adventure has a 1.6 engine and they are not planning to stop its production.
i wouldnt be surprised if they use the 1.6 in the grande punto.
to be honest,you will get 12-13kmpl(atleast) only on highways with the 1.6 engine.driven sensibly in the city,i have managed 11kmpl.
if money is not an issue buy the 1.6.you wont regret the decision.
Old 22nd December 2006, 15:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
to be honest,you will get 12-13kmpl(atleast) only on highways with the 1.6 engine.driven sensibly in the city,i have managed 11kmpl.
And what FE do you get when you drive it not so sensibly Hellspawn??
Old 22nd December 2006, 15:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

and what is sensible driving, may i ask ??? towing the car all the time ??? or just driving off-peak hours in 5th gear ???
Old 22nd December 2006, 21:10   #21
BANNED

@hellspawn: I hope you're right about the Palio 1.6 Sport, cause just today, I talked to one sales representative of a reputed Tata-Fiat dealership, who seemed quite well-informed, and he went on to say that he wasn't too confident about that variant, to continue in the market, albeit their sales figures were outstanding. Never saw any sense there!
Hell, he said that even if I were interested in booking the Palio 1.6 Sport today, there weren't any available.

They do have the Adventure 1.6 though. Somehow, that to me, is not as appealing and besides, explain the almost 1L difference between both of the 1.6 variants!!!
Old 22nd December 2006, 22:02   #22
BHPian

i do not think the 1.6 palio will continue to be produced.the adventure will continue with the 1.6 engine,but i guess that engine may not find its way in a palio's engine bay.most probably its going to be the 1.1 engine alone from now on for the palio.
i get only 8-9kmpl in the city.and around 12-13kmpl in the highway.
juscha,if you want a 1.6,why dont you look at the 2nd hand market.you can pick up well maintained,low-mileage palio gtxs' for around 2.5lakhs.and with the spare amount,you can modify the car and not worry too much about petrol bills too.
Old 23rd December 2006, 00:18   #23
BHPian

@luvjascha: while looking at the list of ur requirements, the palio does not suit you. a.s.s., reliability, low maintainence, peace of mind....u've got to look at some other car, perhaps.
now before the fiat fanboys start to flame me, i must tell u that i myself own a Palio Sport. and i have to say, the car has been anything but reliable. But there is a certain good side to it, if u will. I get an excuse to say, "Bugged by Italian Unreliability...Atleast am in Ferrari's brigade..."
I need help
But the truth should come out.

Lastly, if you do happen to bring out a swanking new Palio from the showroom, just be sure to get that new Dark Silver kinda new color they got. It looks like a Goddess.
And when u will finally drive around in one of those, you bet your ***, you are gonna feel secure as a baby whilst being powerful like a beast. Thats the Palio for ya. Hate it or love it. I chose the latter....
But my girl-friend says I am a confused guy...choose for yourself.

PS: a bit OT but if I was in ur position, I would be looking at a 02-03 Vtec + K&Ns + OWS Iridiums + some cool underbody lights + kidnapping SamKapasi and demanding ransom from JBL India + may be Xenons too....but as it turns out I need to wake up...
Old 23rd December 2006, 05:57   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
i dont think they will stop the production of the 1.6 engines for the simple reason that they already have a assembly line manufacturing the 1.6 engines.
also,the adventure has a 1.6 engine and they are not planning to stop its production.
i wouldnt be surprised if they use the 1.6 in the grande punto.
if money is not an issue buy the 1.6.you wont regret the decision.
What 12-13?? last time I got 15.5 KMPL (maintaining speed of 100 KMPH and occasionally touching to 135KMPH)

1.6 engine is fully imported and isn't manufacture in india.. only 1.2 FIRE was manufactured here.

For mileage of an 1.6, I get 10KMPL with AC in city and around 17.5 KMPL on highway (maintaining speed of 70-80KMPH in 5th gear)...
Old 24th January 2007, 16:07   #25
BHPian

Just for your information guys, I booked a 1.2 ELX on 29th dec from a Fiat-Tata dealership. The salesperson told me that it is being built in the new Fiat factory in Ranjangaon so I guess Fiat 1.2 is still being manufactured atleast for the time being.
Not sure when the 1.1 will roll out though.
Old 25th January 2007, 12:57   #26
BHPian

Jagspabla,
When is the delivery? Did you make sure that this is not the old stock that they are offering you?
I think the new Palio will be available from Feb onwards. Please do update us on your purchase.
Old 30th January 2007, 14:17   #27
BHPian

HI Windsurfer. Sorry for the late reply. I was on vacation.

Anyway yes I made sure that I"m getting a car manufactured at the new plant. Moreover the car will be manufactured in 2007.I was initially given the date of 15 jan. But the dealership (tata-fiat) guys kept extending it saying that they are having initial setup problems at new plant. Now they tell me I"ll get it in the next 2-3 days.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
And from the impression I got ( the salespeople kept giving me noncommital statements ) Palio 1.2 be phased out subsequent to 1.1 launch but not immediately. So I took the opportunity to grab mine while I could, and with a 85 K discount .

Surely get back if you have more quries.
bye
Note from mod: Please do not use more than 2 smiley's per post
Old 30th January 2007, 20:44   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post
PS: a bit OT but if I was in ur position, I would be looking at a 02-03 Vtec + K&Ns + OWS Iridiums + some cool underbody lights + kidnapping SamKapasi and demanding ransom from JBL India + may be Xenons too....but as it turns out I need to wake up...
huh? What kind of position is this, boss?

Baaki, I'll put my 50 paise. I owned an Uno for many years. Great car, bad A.S.S. Fiat won't have my loyalty for any car again.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 30th January 2007 at 20:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks