Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2007, 19:27   #1
BHPian

Help! Want to buy a second hand Palio

Hey,

Need help buying a second hand car. Am looking specifically for a Palio as it one of the few cars that can make you feel like a 10-year old....and is phenomenal value in the 2nd hand market. Needed your advice on what to look for and what to keep wary of. Also is there any car i should also look at for this budget and these objectives? (specifically ikon):

* Car: Palio 1.2 or Palio 1.6
* Budget: INR 1.5 - INR 1.75 lakh (25-30K to pimp the car up with good sound, performance enhancers and misc expenses)
* Maintenance & After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations - Minimal - Light
* Average distance traveled per month - 1000 kms
* Largely used in the city but once i have the car i will drive out of town atleast once a month.
* Self driven
* Specific requirements from car (should make me feel like a 10 year old schoolkid and should handle gurgaon roads)
* I don't intend on keeping the car for more than 2 years....and resale isnt of the highest priority (since i am buying the car second hand in any case).

Thanks,
Gautham
Old 10th January 2007, 17:11   #2
BHPian

I didnt see much of a question here Go for a 1.6 if you can find one in that price range.

DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by maedi View Post
Hey,

Need help buying a second hand car. Am looking specifically for a Palio as it one of the few cars that can make you feel like a 10-year old....and is phenomenal value in the 2nd hand market. Needed your advice on what to look for and what to keep wary of. Also is there any car i should also look at for this budget and these objectives? (specifically ikon):

* Car: Palio 1.2 or Palio 1.6
* Budget: INR 1.5 - INR 1.75 lakh (25-30K to pimp the car up with good sound, performance enhancers and misc expenses)
* Maintenance & After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations - Minimal - Light
* Average distance traveled per month - 1000 kms
* Largely used in the city but once i have the car i will drive out of town atleast once a month.
* Self driven
* Specific requirements from car (should make me feel like a 10 year old schoolkid and should handle gurgaon roads)
* I don't intend on keeping the car for more than 2 years....and resale isnt of the highest priority (since i am buying the car second hand in any case).

Thanks,
Gautham
Old 10th January 2007, 17:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

And look for genuine mileage on the odo & service records to back that. this way you can be sure of the car's condition
Old 12th January 2007, 18:38   #4
BHPian

Hey, thanks determinus, esteem lover!!

Spoke with Automartindia and tried Ford Assured but they don't seem to have any 1.6s at this point. Would you know about reputed dealers in Delhi / Gurgaon ? Don't want to get shortchanged and appreciate the help
Old 12th January 2007, 19:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maedi View Post
Would you know about reputed dealers in Delhi / Gurgaon ?
Why do you want to have the details of dealers in Delhi and Gurgaon? You have mentioned your place of residence as Bangalore, any specific reasons?
Old 12th January 2007, 19:49   #6
BHPian

hi maedi,i dont think you will get the 1.6 for that budget.even if you do,please check its condition carefully,for palio 1.6s usually cost 2lakh+

i personally think the 1.6 is for hardcore enthusiasts!!for average use,the 1.2 will do the job fine enough.it too is a good highway car and the handling is good too.personally i feel the ride comfort is better than the 1.6.

but as you said,if you want to feel like a 10-year old,then the 1.6 and nothing but the 1.6.thats why i own one today!!it brings out the devil in me whenever i drive!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks