Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2007, 12:28   #1
BHPian

2007 Palio 1.6 Pl Help

Got a call from Fortune Cars Powai, Mumbai.

2007 Palio 1.6 @ 82K discount. Any color from the list avilable(Other than Red & Yellow also available). Delivery period 2 weeks. On road price will be 5.24 L - 82K= 442000

How to make sure that the car is 2007 and not repainted old model. Why such a hefty discount? Old stock still there?

I am very tempted to go for it.

PS: Enquired about 1.3JTD Palio. The person said that they are not authorize to sell diesels so he can't give any info.
Old 1st February 2007, 13:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

No-one knows what Fiat does and why! Still I'll take a wild guess.

1. Hefty discount because the new look Palio is supposed to be out soon. As per ACI, trial production at Ranjangaon has started and Fiat is exhausting the current Palio componants before introducing the new version.

2. Why don't you call up Anuroop and enquire about the Palio MJD? I am sure they will be totally clueless but no harm in trying!
Old 1st February 2007, 13:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

If you wanna know the maunfacturing date then it simple since it's stamped on to the body of every car. Simply look for a metal badge usually located in the engine bay area which lists out the car's chassis & engine numbers & date of manufacturing.
Old 1st February 2007, 13:42   #4
BHPian

Amit, I agree with you regarding Fiat's ways. I got Anuroop's nos from Fiat website. When dialed, it says that "no is not existing". Have they closed the shop? Also website says only two colors are available Red & Yellow!.

I have sent a e-mail to Fiat regarding descripancy between Deale & website. Let us see what happens!
Old 1st February 2007, 14:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
Amit, I agree with you regarding Fiat's ways. I got Anuroop's nos from Fiat website. When dialed, it says that "no is not existing". Have they closed the shop?
Anuroop has temporarily moved to a new location. Apparently they are building a mall where Anuroop was. Once the mall is completed, Anuroop will occupy the ground floor like they always have. These are the new numbers: 2882 9860, 2882 9861.
Old 1st February 2007, 17:09   #6
BHPian

I visited Anuroop's Malad showroom and they had no Palio's in Stock. Except a 2003 Limited edition which was in the showroom display. THey offered me 1Lac discount for the 2003 model.
Old 1st February 2007, 18:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post

How to make sure that the car is 2007 and not repainted old model. Why such a hefty discount? Old stock still there?

I am very tempted to go for it..

I believe that even if the car is manufactured on Jan 2007, it may be using a few older parts...they may be looking at clearing the entire inventory....

Palio 1.6 is not to be missed at all....just go and buy, you wont be disappointed with the car..... 1.6 for 4.42 L...is just too good...
Old 1st February 2007, 18:50   #8
BHPian

Its a new car at second hand price!!!!!
Even if manufactured in 2006, its well worth it.
Old 1st February 2007, 19:56   #9
BHPian

It does'nt really matter even if the car is manufactured in 2006.If you like the car, just pick it up.Dont even bother about the discrepency in available colours.Fiat India changes colours of their cars according to their whims and fancies.Your are lucky if you are being offered a palio 1.6 with colours other than red and yellow.Who knows,they might not even have a 1.6 engine option for the new palio.But there is news floating around that the new one will have the 1.6 engine option.So you can take a risk and wait for the new one or take the hefty discount and buy the current one.Its really worth it.But overall quality of electricals has taken some beating over the years.So be sure to inspect the car very well if and when you buy it.

Just pop the hood of the car and take a good look at the badge on top of the right head lamp.If the car is really manufactured in Jan'07,the badge should say ' A-07',where 'A' stands for the first month of the year.

The multijet is brilliant in the Swift.So if your daily mileage is a lot,wait for that one to be plonked under the palio's hood.It would be well worth the wait.But if you mileage is not much,the Palio 1.6 at 4.4 lakhs should be considered seriously.
Old 2nd February 2007, 12:03   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by remcy007 View Post
I visited Anuroop's Malad showroom and they had no Palio's in Stock. Except a 2003 Limited edition which was in the showroom display. THey offered me 1Lac discount for the 2003 model.

is this the palio s10 you are talking about?if so,please go for it!!
Old 2nd February 2007, 12:28   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by remcy007 View Post
4 years and no one has managed to pick that S10? Something's fishy here.In any case,one lakh discount is very less considering the age of that car.I would say tread carefully.
Old 2nd February 2007, 14:26   #12
BHPian

Called Anuroop

As per Amit's suggestion, called Anuroop. As per his prediction they did not know anything about PALIO/JTD. The person did not know when new Palio 1.2 will be launched. Said that there is absolutely no communication from Fiat. Gave excuse that Fiat has recently moved to Ranjangaon so no communication with them.

He confirmed that Palio 1.6 with old exterior will be available on order @ 5.24L. Could not tell the discount. He said that he will have to get in touch with factory?.

I have decided to wait for couple of months before deciding. There seems to be confusion in dealerships.
Old 2nd February 2007, 18:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

If you dont mind, you can pick ur car from Pune dealers.. Call Jay-Vijay/BU Bhandari/Pandit for more information. They might be having 2006 Palio 1.6

Cheers
NeoOnwWheels
Palio .12 Sport
Old 2nd February 2007, 19:02   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
4 years and no one has managed to pick that S10? Something's fishy here.In any case,one lakh discount is very less considering the age of that car.I would say tread carefully.
How come a 4 year old ltd edition at Anuroop. I had been there 2 1/2 years back in search of a Ltd edition as Shaman was just finished the stock, but there was none.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks