Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2007, 16:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Palio NV Vs Indica Xeta

My cousin wants to upgrade from alto. Thoght of WangonR initially, but was spoilt by my indica interms of space. (I always used to wonder, how he managed in an alto. He is 6 ft and wieghs 90 kgs) So short listed Palio Nv and Indica Xeta. Not so sure about the variants. I think Indica Xeta GLS fits his rquirements(also his budget). The price of the palio is not mentioned in the website. Does anyone know how discounts are available for NV in hyderabad. Also suggest, suitable palio variant having similar features as the Xeta GLS.

Cars short listed: Palio Nv , Indica Xet

Price range: 3.5 lakhs to 4 lakhs (On the road)

Maintenance & After Sales Service (A.S.S.) both of them arent known for exceptional service. Hope to get along as others do.

Average distance traveled per month: 1500km

Where car will be mostly used:
1. city
2. highway
3. very rarely on rough roads in that order of priority.

Chauffer driven / self driven: chauffer driven, but also self driven sometimes(rather few times).

Whether the vehicle will be shared by other members of family: yes

Any specific requirements from car:
. rear seat comfort
. spacious interiors
. power steering
. AC

How long you intend on keeping this car : 4 to 5 years. expecting a decent resale value.
Old 7th February 2007, 16:51   #2
Team-BHP Support

Resale : Indica D > Indica Petrol >>> Palio NV
A.S.S : Indica > Palio

So for better peace of mind Indica is a better option. He does not have to worry about parts etc., Its always safer to buy something which sells 10,000 units a month.
Old 7th February 2007, 16:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

The NV is not going to suit your cousin - it is being phased out and has worse A/S/S when compared to the Indica. I think the Indica will be a better bet. Why does he not look at the diesel versions? 1500 km per month is a lot of distance for a petrol. I am not too sure about the prices but I think the diesel should be within reach.
Old 7th February 2007, 16:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

I forgot to mention one more thing, he intends to convert to CNG/LPG after a year of usage.
And anyone has idea about the prices of palio NV?
Old 7th February 2007, 17:01   #5
BANNED

Hi,

Palio NV petrol and India Xeta both are more or less same in space

But Palio has a refined Engine and overall quality is better than Indica

So i suggest go for Fiat Palio

U can also check these URL's

Indica V2 Xeta - Specifications

Fiat India Pvt. Ltd.
Old 7th February 2007, 17:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

That is a different case then. I really cannot help you with the prices, but you might have to hurry if you wish to get an NV as they are being phased out.

To tsk: Indica Diesel > Indica Petrol >>> Xeta = Palio.
Old 7th February 2007, 17:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
The NV is not going to suit your cousin - it is being phased out and has worse A/S/S when compared to the Indica. I think the Indica will be a better bet. Why does he not look at the diesel versions? 1500 km per month is a lot of distance for a petrol. I am not too sure about the prices but I think the diesel should be within reach.
I have a indica DLS, after seeing my indica. He decided not to go for it, as indica D struggles to pull with the AC on. And turbo variant is above his budget.
Old 7th February 2007, 17:09   #8
Team-BHP Support

For dealer fitted CNG conversion with warranty Indica Xeta CNG is the only option.
Old 7th February 2007, 18:01   #9
vamshi_v

I have checked in December, for Palio NV.
Autofin-secbad is giving 85K discount
Concorde- 80K
Malik cars is giving 1 lakh discount.

Old 7th February 2007, 20:09   #10
BHPian

dont even think of malik cars. That car would have been lying there for more than a year and they want to get rid of it desperately. don't trust them unless u have verified the car in person. Concorde is a better bet.
Old 7th February 2007, 20:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I have a indica DLS, after seeing my indica. He decided not to go for it, as indica D struggles to pull with the AC on. And turbo variant is above his budget.
But isnt the Turbo variant priced just about 25 or 30k more than the NA version?
Old 7th February 2007, 22:10   #12
nbr
BHPian

Indica Xeta suits your needs.Indica series hae recently undergone minor exterior changes ,but these changes refreshen the car to a lot extent.Also, new Purple shade looks cool. The Xeta may not be a ultra frugal or refined hatchback, but it is indeed a roomy family car which gives you that big car feel ,which a very few hatchbacks offer.
Old 8th February 2007, 00:08   #13
Team-BHP Support

hey rajshekhar... looks like the answer is there... floating around. Indica Xeta it is for your cousin.

also, while buying I would suggest Autofin. Their pre-sales and post-sales records are the best in hyderabad. I do not know about Xeta but for my Indica DLS the kind of follow-up and home visits for necessary top-ups, AC check ups etc they did was phenomenal.

Last edited by Zappo : 8th February 2007 at 00:13.
Old 8th February 2007, 10:23   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamshi_v View Post
I have checked in December, for Palio NV.
Autofin-secbad is giving 85K discount
Concorde- 80K
Malik cars is giving 1 lakh discount.
oh my god !
thats too tempting for a palio lover like me. Should I sell my indica DLS and go for it ! ! ! (just joking. my next car might be Verna CRDi or if fiat launches their Linea deisel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
dont even think of malik cars. That car would have been lying there for more than a year and they want to get rid of it desperately. don't trust them unless u have verified the car in person. Concorde is a better bet.
I bought buy indica dls from concorde, they $Uck in A.$.$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
Indica Xeta suits your needs.Indica series hae recently undergone minor exterior changes ,but these changes refreshen the car to a lot extent.Also, new Purple shade looks cool. The Xeta may not be a ultra frugal or refined hatchback, but it is indeed a roomy family car which gives you that big car feel ,which a very few hatchbacks offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
hey rajshekhar... looks like the answer is there... floating around. Indica Xeta it is for your cousin.
After reading all the replies, my pick is indica Xeta. But my cousin after reading all about Palio here on the forum. He is more inclined towards Palio.
So, I suggested him to take a test drive of the both and also informed him that Palio Nv will be discontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
also, while buying I would suggest Autofin. Their pre-sales and post-sales records are the best in hyderabad. I do not know about Xeta but for my Indica DLS the kind of follow-up and home visits for necessary top-ups, AC check ups etc they did was phenomenal.
Agree with you once again sir. Had my last servicing from Autofin after suffering with concorde for last 4 yrs. Their estimation of bill, diagnosis of problems are satisfactory. Their suggestions were also good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
But isnt the Turbo variant priced just about 25 or 30k more than the NA version?
3.5 lakhs (OTR) is the budget, which could be stretched to a max of 4 lakhs. (period)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks