Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2007, 15:26   #1
BHPian

Santro XL or XO ?? Which one

Hi Bhpians

I have finally decided to pick up a car, after going tru most of the reviews in team-bhp i have finally decided to go for the santro xing. My usuage would be minimal during weekdays coz my office is very close to my house and i would not have to travel for not more than 10KM a day both sides. I chose the Santro coz its easy to drive in city and it has been in the indian market for quiet a long time. I had a test drive of the car 2day and all i need to do is choose for the variant XO or XL ..The only feature the XL dosen't have is body colour bumbers, rear wipers ,rear defroster and rear power windows.

As there are many santro owners in this forum, i want you to help me in selecting the right model ie; XO or XL ??

Waiting for ur suggestions to pour in......

PS : Also pls suggest any other car in the same price range which you would want to look into.....

Last edited by jango : 21st February 2007 at 15:28.
Old 21st February 2007, 15:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

@ Jango : Whats the price difference between the two variants? Having body colored bumpers gives the car a more elegant appearance, but in the case of a slight scrape or something, the scratches remain, which are not so noticeable in the case of the normal bumpers.

With respect to power window options on the rear doors... ask yourself if u really need those. In most cases, i suppose you wouldnt really need them, so u can ignore that.

Rear wiper and defroster are worth having, but not really a necessity, i suppose. Do the calculations, and take a call.

P.S. : U can also get the bumpers painted to the body color from the dealer. Work it out with them.
Old 21st February 2007, 15:46   #3
BHPian

@ benbsb29 the price difference between XO and XL is 25K. Considering b'lore traffic chances of getting scrapes on the bumpers are really high ...
Old 21st February 2007, 17:34   #4
BHPian

for a travel of 5KMs in one go, defogger and wash/wipe is certainly not required.
and if the weather in your city is good enough, you'll never use them.

and for body colored bumpers, they do looks good and provides an upmarket feel, but they do costs a lot in case of replacement.
i think the unpainted original front bumper of a santro costs somewhere 1200 rupees and the rear bumper costs about 1000 rupees.
whereas the painted one costs about 1500-2000 rupees more.

hence i would suggest you not to go for these frills, until you wants to spend extra to look upmarket.

but regarding the rear powerwindows, they are useful, but you can get them fitted as aftermarket fitment from local accessory shops.

Last edited by revharder : 21st February 2007 at 17:36.
Old 21st February 2007, 17:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

A 25 k diff is quite something for cosmetics, he only useful addition is the power windows at the rear. body coloured bumpers don't matter on certain colours.
My Santro is XG which is now called something else, it has only front power windows and going by the fact that it is usually driver driven, he unwinds and winds windows with ease whereas the passenger has to slog
Old 21st February 2007, 17:50   #6
BHPian

Hello jango! I also was in a similar situation, about 4 months back. Either the XL or XO. The difference was something mini cabinet under driver's seat, rear wipers, rear power windows and body colored bumpers. The difference was only 30k. So I went ahead for XO. I'd suggest you go for the XO, also the high end version. I wanted to go for the A/T! But parents didn't like the idea. XO is good as high end.
Old 21st February 2007, 19:27   #7
BHPian

@ absar can u tell me abt ur car. How do u find it, what th FE that you get in city. Sinc you have the XO you ill be the right person to tell me more abt the car !!
Old 21st February 2007, 19:28   #8
BHPian

@ all something else which caught my attention...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ale-value.html
Old 21st February 2007, 20:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Go for fully loaded Santro thats XO its worth in it.

Very nice features, Bargain hard for discounts. Don't worry about resale, you will get good resale value however resale value for fully loaded car is always less than its basic versions.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 21st February 2007, 21:17   #10
BHPian

I went for XL with front power window. I was tempted going for XO but 30K difference was huge at that point for me. I was offered body colored bumper for XL with additional 3.5K by the dealer Adviath – Bangalore but I went for black bumpers no body colored. XO had an mp3 player (I don’t know if that's a standard feature for XO now too and have forgotten the brand of player), but I always wanted to have my own ICE config. (yes, after joining T-BHP, I am happy about that decision).
I initially missed 4 power window feature which I had in my previous vehicle to Santro but now I have forgotten about that ...
So, if you have money to spend for those additional features go for XO. That way you will never feel in future that you should have got some "that" feature in your car - spending some more money.
Though you could install most of them on XL too after buying (Guess they are not very rigid in that aspect unlike Skoda dealers) they would not be as good as the OEM/factory installed ones.
And one more suggestion is to go for better car security system with additional security features; otherwise they would fit in a basic Xenos keyless entry costing 4.5k... That remote also is like TV remote, wont work until you are in front/very near of the car.
If they offer a free mp3 player, So check particularly for the speaker brands. Otherwise the speakers put in would be of substandard quality (manufactured at Bangalore and looks similar of those counterfeit pioneer speakers available at JC road.) . I don’t know if they offer better products now though, if so - it is nice of them.
Happy buying the new car and Good Luck!...
Old 21st February 2007, 22:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Good choice - its an excellent car for the city. If the additional 25K isnt a pain, XO it should be!
Old 21st February 2007, 22:25   #12
BHPian

Even I am contemplating to buy a Santro XL. I was thinking of buying a new one but from the 2006 stock, if available. The reason being, my car useage is quite low, cars I own last for 7-8yrs easily, even more. So I think one year +/- would not affect my car's resale value much. Is my equation right?
If it is a 2006 stock car, what should be the discount offered, any guesses?

On 2007, I think there is hardly any discount offered by the dealer, except those petty accessories.
Old 22nd February 2007, 09:59   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
I went for XL with front power window. I was tempted going for XO but 30K difference was huge at that point for me. I was offered body colored bumper for XL with additional 3.5K by the dealer Adviath – Bangalore but I went for black bumpers no body colored. XO had an mp3 player (I don’t know if that's a standard feature for XO now too and have forgotten the brand of player), but I always wanted to have my own ICE config. (yes, after joining T-BHP, I am happy about that decision).
I initially missed 4 power window feature which I had in my previous vehicle to Santro but now I have forgotten about that ...
So, if you have money to spend for those additional features go for XO. That way you will never feel in future that you should have got some "that" feature in your car - spending some more money.
Though you could install most of them on XL too after buying (Guess they are not very rigid in that aspect unlike Skoda dealers) they would not be as good as the OEM/factory installed ones.
And one more suggestion is to go for better car security system with additional security features; otherwise they would fit in a basic Xenos keyless entry costing 4.5k... That remote also is like TV remote, wont work until you are in front/very near of the car.
If they offer a free mp3 player, So check particularly for the speaker brands. Otherwise the speakers put in would be of substandard quality (manufactured at Bangalore and looks similar of those counterfeit pioneer speakers available at JC road.) . I don’t know if they offer better products now though, if so - it is nice of them.
Happy buying the new car and Good Luck!...

Thanks Shyam you did provide me with some facts abt the security system. I checked with the dealer and he said that there are no mp3 players which comes with the car...so i will have to get the ICE done from outside. Also the sales rep called me in the evening and told me that he could give me free insurance + accessories worth 5K but he can gimme the offer only till the 28th of this month.
Old 22nd February 2007, 10:00   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Even I am contemplating to buy a Santro XL. I was thinking of buying a new one but from the 2006 stock, if available. The reason being, my car useage is quite low, cars I own last for 7-8yrs easily, even more. So I think one year +/- would not affect my car's resale value much. Is my equation right?
If it is a 2006 stock car, what should be the discount offered, any guesses?

On 2007, I think there is hardly any discount offered by the dealer, except those petty accessories.
@ observer is there a way we can opt for the 2006 Santro, i mean brand new one and ask them for a greater discounts. Even i am planning to keep the car for atlest 5 yrs !!
Old 22nd February 2007, 10:17   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
@ observer is there a way we can opt for the 2006 Santro, i mean brand new one and ask them for a greater discounts. Even i am planning to keep the car for atlest 5 yrs !!
@ Jango, u would have to ask them specifically, that's it. BTW, are there any dealer discounts on 2007 car apart from the current scheme?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks