Team-BHP - Palio 1.6 Sport (or) Suzuki Swift VXi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Palio 1.6 Sport (or) Suzuki Swift VXi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/21683-palio-1-6-sport-suzuki-swift-vxi.html)

Hi

I am planning to get a car for my brother. I have shortlisted the Palio and the Swift of the Hatchabck lot. Please suggest me the best.

I have considered the Budget, Maintanence, Fuel Economy and Driving Comfort.

Thanks for your comments in Advance
lol:
Arun

Quote:

Originally Posted by anachronix (Post 381139)
I have considered the Budget, Maintanence, Fuel Economy and Driving Comfort.

Can we have details of what you seek in these parameters?

Both are totally different car.

Palio 1.6 is for riders. Having solid build and its safe. Both the car prices are similler(Palio after discount). No other car can offer the driving pleasure what Palio has. Palio is good for cornering. Driving palio feels very safe inside. Good controlling on road.

On the other hand Swift is for FE and good service backup.

Before we go into a lot of debate, is the Palio 1.6 still available in the new car market?

Arun, there is a nice comparison between Swift and Palio 1.6 posted by Airfoil. He owns both the cars. Check the link below
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...tml#post292561

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabuddhadg (Post 381223)
Before we go into a lot of debate, is the Palio 1.6 still available in the new car market?

Precisely what I was going to say as well.Anachronix,if you are considering the palio 1.6,you've got to rush buddy.Its almost out of stock everywhere.Its no use starting a debate if the product itself is not available.And there is no guarantee if there will ever be a Palio 1.6 again.

As far as the comparison is concerned,both are sporty cars,the palio 1.6 is more so.A lot has been discussed on these two on this forum.
But do consider the fact that the newer euro 3 Palio 1.6s' are a bit lacking in initial pick up in comparison to the older gtx/s10.

I had gone to a tata-fiat showroom just this afternoon. He asked me to wait for 2 months if I wanted a palio 1.6. The 1.2 he had look so dated that even the indica xeta looked better to me in comparison.

The tata dealer cargo motors had a dull feeling to it compared to GM, Honda and mitsubishi dealerships.

I would recommend the swift.

Here are the Stats for my Swift ZXi that I pulled out from a tracker that I maintain for my car. The car is stock. I use only Shell premium. Have tried IOCL, HP and Reliance (all premium) once each so far. I have the climate control on always. Bulk of the driving is in Bangalore. I maintain a Tyre pressure of 32 against the recommended 29 for city driving.

Measurement period(months) 16
Total Driven 23548 kms
Average Mileage (kmpl) 12.42
Best Mileage (kmpl) 17.57
Worst Mileage (kmpl) 9.60
Average Kms/month 1472

If you can get your hands on a Palio 1.6 it might just be a once in a life time oppurtunity.

Go for it Provided your brother likes to enjoy the drives. If a car is seen just as a transport vehicle, i think the swift would come into the picture.

[quote=sharathjeppu;381439]I maintain a Tyre pressure of 32 against the recommended 29 for city driving.

... Is there different figures for swift tyre pressure in terms of city use and highway use - if yes, is there any data for vxi model.

the palio 1.6 is definetly a very good car but you should also think about the after sales service

The recommended pressure is based on the Tyre size and not the Model variant.

For the ZXi with 185 size tyres, the recommended pressure is 29 psi. The manual also mentions that for long distance driving, we can increase the pressure by upto 5 psi.

The recommended pressure for the 165 size tyres in the VXi is 33 psi and for the highway, you can increase it by 5 psi.

You will find this information in the manual of the car.

One factor I take into account is that there is a difference of 1-2 psi between a hot tyre and a cold tyre. All the recommended tyre pressures are cold tyre pressures. So if you have done some running before reaching the outlet to check your tyre pressure, you can safely increase it by 1-2 psi.

Yeah guys!

Thanks for all your post! I feel the Palio stands first against all these points.

1. Safety - Have seen pictures where the cabin remains intact in deadly crashes
2. Power - Cannot be compared with Swift being a 1.3LTR
3. Quality of the Materials used in the Vehicle - I avoid Maruti for that reason
4. Drive Quality and Confidence at higher speed - Got a feedback from my Friend who owns a SwiftVXi that it feels unreliable to drive it fast on the highway(He also owns a Corsa)

What say Guys?

You got the Point anachronix. But inbetween, The initial power of the Swift would not be that bad since it has a very high torque way low at 2K rpm. On all other matters you have the right point.

One small thing that i heard from others, "in life you always come to a point where you need to choose whether to go with your heart or with your mind. I would say follow your heart coz otherwise everytime you see another person driving along with the one you loved....it hurts!!!!

Now just go ahead and do let us know if its possible to get a 1.6 palio.
PS. But i would still suggest you ask your brother what he wants. After all its all about personal preference. Best of Luck. Drive Safe.

oh! i'm sorry i was talking about the diesel swift when i said a high torque at low rpms. Kindly ingnore that part so YOU ARE RIGHT ALL AROUND!!!