Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2007, 12:03   #1
BHPian

Wagon R LXI Duo or Swift Vxi

Hi Bhpians ,

I am sorry but u may find this a bit boring now but I did go through a lot of the previous threads on Wagon R but still could not make up my mind . This is for a colleague of mine .He want to buy a new vehicle and is very much confused between the Wagon R Lxi Duo and Swift Vxi. Even though his running would be hardly around 1000 kms a month , FE is one of the criteria which he is concerned about. He checked out the maruti site and found thedifference between the price of Swift VXi and WagonR LXI Duo affordable !!
The problem with wagon R Lxi is that it does not have power windows , fog lamps, door ajar warning etc which is there in the WagonR VXI model and which i could make use of !! Are they planning a launch of Wagon R VXI DUO Soon ?? ALso if he gets the absent features ( present in Wagon R VXI )fitted as an addon will the same be of the same build and quality as the factory fitted ones ?? If not then what could be the problems and the effect on the Car Battery ??

HE like the looks of Swift VXi better than Wagon R anyday But is really concerned about the mileage ! WagonR Lxi Duo can be run on LPG which will give him cost per Km equal to that of a diesel Engine !!

Also is it possible to change a car to LPG without voiding warranty for Swift Vxi ??
Old 2nd April 2007, 13:22   #2
Team-BHP Support

Between the two, its the Swift VXi anyday.
As regarding the Wagon R DUO, there is a long term report on the same from a fellow BHPian. Please do check out with him for any further details on the same.

Swift returns mileage figures between 10-12 kmpl in city, and around 16 or so on highway (100% AC usage), based on what my friends have told me.
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:14   #3
BHPian

I would also go for the swift vxi, the looks of the wagon r just dont work for me.
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:24   #4
BANNED

If he's Enthusiasm About Driving Then Swift ,Much more fun to drive than Wagon-r .

Last edited by unknown : 2nd April 2007 at 14:28.
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:58   #5
BHPian

Hi ben are u talking about this thread :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...agonr-duo.html
Old 3rd April 2007, 00:04   #6
BHPian

Aren't these two very different cars altogether? If your friend has FE as main criteria, then Wagon R duo or even Wagon R Petrol is better than Swift. But if he is looking for performance, then should go for Swift.

If he can stretch his budget by a lac more, then why don't go for Swift LDi, great engine with great looks and handling, and FE of multi-point diesel engine.
Old 3rd April 2007, 11:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

I also had same confusion and finally bought VXI last week.
Trust me, its worth the extra money you spend...

1000kms means mostly weekend use i guess...on a weekend with free roads, i am sure Swift can as well return decent FE if not same as that of WagonR.

Ask your friend to take a test drive of swift first...then wagonR..thats what i did..and i never felt like buying wagonR
Old 3rd April 2007, 15:49   #8
BHPian

Hmm rajshenoy u do have a point there but if one is looking for A VFM car should one still go for the Swift VXi ??

Scorpio --By performance do we mean longevity in Engine Life or do we mean faster Pickup , Please elaborate ??

Ben - Are those city mileage figures with or without the A/c on and how much is the difference ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks