Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2007, 22:59   #1

Swift Petrol LPG Conversions

Hi All,
The waiting for swift diesel is killing, though I am still expecting a miracle.
Mean while I wanted to check as to how many of you have using or seen cases of LPG / CNG fitting on Swift Petrol.

My alternative planning is to go for Swift Petrol initially and after 1 year convert it in to LPG.

The sales guy at Maruti was informing that some one had installed a circular(round shaped) tank in his swift vxi(the king of space saving tank available in wagon r duo).

If any one knows provider of such type of LPG kits, please post the contact nos. Also suggestion on my plannings if any :-)

Regards,
Sandip
Old 2nd June 2007, 23:12   #2

sandip carry on with your idea of swift petrol. it runs excellent on lpg. i have converted five cars and with no problem. all gettig mileage of 10 to 11. runs w/o any problem. but why u will wait for an year. do immediate conversion and start saving money. it will not damage engine at all if u convert it new. my wagon r was converted on 106 km and now it has clocked 70000 without any engine problem. so make it fast to convert it
Old 3rd June 2007, 00:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

There is a ksethuram in this forum who has done the same for his swift.
Old 3rd June 2007, 08:22   #4
BHPian

I'd wait for the diesel. From what I understand, that is the car you wanted to buy to begin with - do not waver from your primary choice simply because delivery is taking a while.

If you do end up buying a petrol, you're probably going to procrastinate for a long time to come about the benefits, had you waited for the diesel...
Old 9th June 2007, 13:32   #5
BANNED

conversion at 106km..what about warranty

Hai. it seems you have done conversion with almost new car.what happened to your warranty . pl inform. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraauto View Post
sandip carry on with your idea of swift petrol. it runs excellent on lpg. i have converted five cars and with no problem. all gettig mileage of 10 to 11. runs w/o any problem. but why u will wait for an year. do immediate conversion and start saving money. it will not damage engine at all if u convert it new. my wagon r was converted on 106 km and now it has clocked 70000 without any engine problem. so make it fast to convert it
Old 10th June 2007, 22:21   #6
BHPian

The warranty gets screwed as soon as you get your car converted to LPG, I really dont think any dealer would honour the warranty on the car when u convert it into pg !!
Old 11th June 2007, 09:52   #7
BANNED

warranty VOID what about RTO Approval for SWIFT LPG

DO RTOs approve LPG conversion for SWIFT. If yes which kits are approved.thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
The warranty gets screwed as soon as you get your car converted to LPG, I really dont think any dealer would honour the warranty on the car when u convert it into pg !!
Old 11th June 2007, 10:23   #8
BHPian

With a LPG conversion kit the minuscule boot space available will also vanish Stick with diesel dude
Old 11th June 2007, 19:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

LPG conversions are approved by RTO. There are lots of LPG threads. Please do a search to pull them up.
Old 11th June 2007, 19:24   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandipwadje View Post
Hi All,
Mean while I wanted to check as to how many of you have using or seen cases of LPG / CNG fitting on Swift Petrol. Sandip
Well.... your idea is good! Mine is an LPG kitted (Star Gas) Swift ZXi with tank that sits in stepny well! Tank capacity is 35 lts of which your can fill upto 28 lts safely!
Working ABSOLUTELY fine. TROUBLE FREE!! Fitted it just after run-in period and now the car has done 22k in 6 months time; 99.5% ran on LPG mode!! I must say that the kits available these days are technicaly perfected ones!! Absolutely NO powerloss or FE loss!! Most of the kerala-kochi bhp-ians know how my car performs!!
Never knew the system is so reliable and perfect!! Reg the maths, well.... to me it works out much more economical than a diesel buy!! Now I have a full option car with diesel economy! Howz that?!
Old 11th June 2007, 20:33   #11
BHPian

Well.... your idea is good! Mine is an LPG kitted (Star Gas) Swift ZXi with tank that sits in stepny well! Tank capacity is 35 lts of which your can fill upto 28 lts safely!
Working ABSOLUTELY fine. TROUBLE FREE!! Fitted it just after run-in period and now the car has done 22k in 6 months time; 99.5% ran on LPG mode!! I must say that the kits available these days are technicaly perfected ones!! Absolutely NO powerloss or FE loss!! Most of the kerala-kochi bhp-ians know how my car performs!!
Never knew the system is so reliable and perfect!! Reg the maths, well.... to me it works out much more economical than a diesel buy!! Now I have a full option car with diesel economy! Howz that? quote by - nikkibike

Well, where u kept the stepny[extra tyre], is it easily kept in back of the rear seat?, if u click the snap's of stepny arrangement, it will be better info about the same...........
Old 11th June 2007, 23:00   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Never knew the system is so reliable and perfect!! Reg the maths, well.... to me it works out much more economical than a diesel buy!! Now I have a full option car with diesel economy! Howz that? quote by - nikkibike

Well, where u kept the stepny[extra tyre], is it easily kept in back of the rear seat?, if u click the snap's of stepny arrangement, it will be better info about the same...........
oooops!! I forgot to add this part in my earlier post!! Infact I wanted to pass on my concept on that!! Well... I don't carry stepny at all!! Its at home all the time! Instead have an air pump and puncture repair kit!! Normally I use this car mostly for short trips!! Office, city blah blah!! I dumped the stepny in the rear passenger area once when I took the car to b'lore once! But then I was alone in the car!!
Old 16th June 2007, 06:47   #13
BANNED

nikkibike : From where did you get the LPG kit installed ?
Old 16th June 2007, 07:35   #14
BHPian

from Indus Motors!

I got it done from the same dealer serivce centre! They have a tie-up with Kerala's STARGAS distributor and the benefit is that car's warranty will be intact! Done almost 23k now and no problems so far!
Old 19th July 2007, 15:02   #15
BHPian

How much did it cost for the fitting from Indus motors and do they have lpg pumps in kerala. I am in TVM and haven't seen any so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks