Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2007, 16:53   #1
BANNED

Which Car To Buy?

My budget is upto 4lack, stretcahble 2 max 4.5 lack.

car shud be gud looking, comfortable 2 sit (4 people usually rarely 5)as well as drive, trouble free drive, and value 4 money.

car shud have basic ac and power stearing(p.windoms may or may not)

i dont drive much, just 300 kms a month in city. i intend 2 keep d car upto atleast 6-8 yrs if it does not give trouble.

i ve seen indica xeta: spacious, gud lookin, but am worried abt its trouble free drive factor, also maintenace(3.3lack)

same is d case wid palio stile 1.1(3.9 lack)

santro and wagon r are gud but are very common and also less spacious.(~3.74; 3.9 for duo)

uva and spark r also gud looking but both are overprised in their own capacity and besides service network of gm.(4.4 & 3.9 lack)

i dont like looks of getz and swift is congested in d back!
Old 18th May 2007, 17:47   #2
BHPian

i feel dat the base model of Uva suits you fine.donno abt a.s.s in lucknow but in hyd its good.
Old 18th May 2007, 18:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_aryan View Post
i ve seen indica xeta: spacious, gud lookin, but am worried abt its trouble free drive factor, also maintenace(3.3lack)

same is d case wid palio stile 1.1(3.9 lack)

santro and wagon r are gud but are very common and also less spacious.(~3.74; 3.9 for duo)

uva and spark r also gud looking but both are overprised in their own capacity and besides service network of gm.(4.4 & 3.9 lack)

i dont like looks of getz and swift is congested in d back!
You have ruled out most (infact all) of the A+/B segment cars, what is left then? You cant get a perfect car.

But seeing your requirements, Swift VXi seems to fit the bill. Rear is not as tight as its rumored. 4 can easily sit, and 5 is not impossible.
Old 18th May 2007, 18:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Getz, if you prefer the comfort of the back seat. Swift if you want Maruthi's service network, not that Hyundai is bad.

If you don't like Getz and Swift, I'm sure you wouldn't like the Wagon R or Estillo either.

My own favourite would be the U-VA. Its a real fun car.

Sorry you don't get Honda Jazz in India. :-)
Old 18th May 2007, 18:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

ummmmm, and you have violated the rule of not using SMS lingo.
Old 18th May 2007, 18:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

yeah I agree with DCite. You have ruled out almost everything in your budget.
Santro, Wagon R & Zen Estilo(some people do like its looks) seems to be fitting your bill.
Old 18th May 2007, 20:05   #7
BHPian

Swift LXi would do just fine for you. VXi could be looked at but as you aint too keen on power windows, save the moolah and use it for the alloys.
P.S.- Repeating again.. Swift is cramped only if compared to other bigger cars. Otherwise it has decent rear leg room. (much better than santro, wagonR, spark, zen)
Old 19th May 2007, 09:58   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Slang / SMS language are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. We would like it if you visit the board rules section before posting on Team-BHP.

Please type in full and proper use of the english language for the benefit of other readers. Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks