Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2021, 08:44   #16
FHW
BHPian

Re: Which car for budget of about 8-9L OTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Do checkout our ownership reviews of the cars before purchasing to know about the issues beforehand.
Whichever car you finally choose do a thorough PDI.
Thanks,

By feature packed, I mean I would rather prefer top of the line variant so as to avoid any missing outs I may feel later, like I felt with my existing Alto with the I upgraded most of the features/parts that come in top.

Except for lower driving position, the cabin/interiors of Altroz are more mature/premium and feel good.

Point to note: I noticed the unfinished rough plastic cladding between the doors of Punch. That was visible even when both the doors were shut. The plastic cladding molded in the rear door was not covering the height as it does on on exterior.
Which budget automatic hatchback as a local runabout?-screenshot_20211021083628_photos.png
Didn't except this roughness (rather semi-finished) areas in a million priced car.

Ignis and Brezza not in my list.
Nexon I'll see if I don't final Altroz.
I am test driving an Altroz tomorrow and will update.

Thank you.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st October 2021 at 17:08. Reason: Quote trimmed.
FHW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 16:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHW View Post
I shall be keeping the car and no plan to change/sell it anytime.
If you are a family of 2/3 have u considered polo automatic? I have done countless highway drives and I have been impressed by the highway mannerisms of the car. In city as well it delivers a decent mileage of 11-13 if driven sedately. The highline variant comes with all essentials and car is well built. 45 liter fuel tank gives a good range as well.

Cons would be the after sales , limited rear seat space and design is a decade old.

I myself upgraded to a sedan but kept my polo as it was difficult for me to part with it.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st October 2021 at 17:08. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 01:41   #18
BHPian

Re: Which budget automatic hatchback as a local runabout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
[list][*]Tata Tiago - Liked for only AMT option from Tata family, and being present for quite some time, so ideally glitches should be ironed out. Neutral on engine performance. Worried about the Tata A.S.S. [*]Suzuki Wagon R - Liked for Tall Boy design, and reliability. Neutral on ride quality and performance. Worried as it is no longer the Suzuki from 2000 - 2010.[*]Hyundai Santro - Liked for Tall Boy design, and being present for some time. Neutral on ride quality and performance. Worried as no experience with Hyundai A.S.S.
Hello Eagle!

Out of the 3 options you've shortlisted, I prefer the Tiago.
Pros -
- It has a 4 star NCAP rating.
Never skimp safety features. None of the other cars in your list are good on this aspect.

Cons -
- It's an AMT, at the end of the day. Not as refined as other AT's
- You're worried about Tata A.S.S.

My suggestion :-
Go for the Baleno with your eyes closed!

Pros -
- It has a 4 star NCAP rating!
- CVT AT. Infinitely better than the AMT!
- Maruti. So your A.S.S worry is solved!
As a rule I never suggest an AMT, unless they're extremely tight on budget. Even then I'd rather suggest a Pre-owned car, than an AMT.

Cons -
- About 1.5L above your budget.
However in emi terms, that's like 2000 - 2500 bucks max. Totally worth the tech & peace of mind that it offers.

Happy Hunting!
Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 22nd October 2021 at 01:47.
Old 22nd October 2021, 07:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
My suggestion :-
Go for the Baleno with your eyes closed!

Pros -
- It has a 4 star NCAP rating!
- CVT AT. Infinitely better than the AMT!
4-star rated Baleno tested by Euro NCAP was made in India for the European market. Let's not extrapolate these results to our domestic version until GNCAP tests it.
self_driven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
[*]Must be within 6 - 7 lakhs Ex Showroom Hyderabad, If OTR even better.[*]New vehicle only. Personal belief, no offence. [*]A.S.S maintained only, so should be reasonable in maintenance.
Considering the above there points to be non-negotiable, the Wagon-R seems to be the best choice.
Even to this day, Maruti ASS is the best value for money.
Hyundai treats us better but prices are unreasonable. My 14 year old Santo service costed me 8k (even after opting out of all the frills like a/c duct sanitization)
Being a TUV owner, you will also appreciate the space and easy ingress/egress in the Wagon-R which no other car in this price bracket offers.
Old 25th October 2021, 02:08   #21
FHW
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHW View Post
I am test driving an Altroz tomorrow and will update.

Thank you.
My car purchase decision is going somewhere to Hatchback vs CSUV.

TD of Atroz done. TD vehicle was XZ+. The drive was smooth and interiors of the car are lovable. The driving position is low but with height adjustment it can be negated a bit. Bonet is nowhere visible. However the wiper blade (passenger side) was. Did notice that shifting gears were not as smooth as they should be in car of such segment. They were comparable to my 2013 Alto (might be issue with the TD vehicle).

Found door unlock mechanism dangerous.
FHW is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks