Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2007, 02:09   #1
BHPian

Fiat Palio 1.6 Servicing costs

Hi, Am planning to buy the Retro sport 1.6. A couple of concerns here.

- Is it worth it to buy the Retro or go for the new Stile 1.6 which costs 20-30K more- the retro comes discounted and am also not sure if I get a new piece or one that has been used for TD.

Off Topic:
(Why is the OTR price of the Retro more than the Stile - same engine and stuff and the stile has tubeless tires too and logically the new model should cost more but there is a 40K difference between the un-discounted OTR prices) Please help.. am loosing sleep over this

- There has been lot of flak on Fiat's service and cost of maintenance. But users have stated that Palio's cost of maintenance would be lesser than most cars. And thought the Tata JV is new, any experiences on after sales service would help.

:N1Mz
Old 27th May 2007, 13:10   #2
Team-BHP Support

IMHO even if the Retro looks better and is coming with a meaty discount I would pick up the Stile since I know it is fresh from the Ranjangaon factory.

I haven't had any issues with service so far and can vouch for cheaper spare parts costs as compared to the Swift. Since you have asked for it, I can scan all my service bills so you cans see how much it costs to maintain the car. The labour is slightly more expensive at the place where I get it serviced from and I do not complain since I know it takes a lot of effort to do any work on an over-engineered Fiat. Like for example just to remove the injectors you'd require to open a lot more bolts than you'd require to for any other car in that segment. I even have a text file somewhere which gives the count of bolts required to be opened . But regular paid servicing costs are roughly the same compared to cars in its segment. Currently we have a Getz and 2 Santro's at home with my Fiat and I have spent the least on service for my Palio considering I have an almost equal odo reading and also the Santro and Getz are abused by novice drivers.
Old 27th May 2007, 13:53   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
IMHO even if the Retro looks better and is coming with a meaty discount I would pick up the Stile since I know it is fresh from the Ranjangaon factory.
Now.. this is a little confusing. I would end up paying 40-50 K more. Any problems in picking up something manufactured a few months back?? Or are there some issues in the Retro which have been rectified in the Stile?

Nice to know that the maintenance costs are low.. and Moral no need to scan all your bills..

Thanks
Nimz

Most Viewed