Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2022, 17:06   #16
BHPian

Re: A goodbye note to a reliable car and search for a new one

I can completely understand your feelings for the Ertiga. I too own a 2012 Ertiga Petrol, and it has spoilt us for so many things, be it space, mileage, ease of driving, seating flexibility etc. I am also about to bid a good-bye to my Ertiga in coming months.

For your new car search, since you find Kiger offering so much for the price, I suggest you take a look at Magnite. IMO, it looks better than Kiger and Punch. Plus it offers many features as standard across variants like rear washer and wiper.
Knightrider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 01:52   #17
BHPian

I would suggest you to take a test drive of the new baleno for the following reasons.

1. It's spacious from inside
2. space would never be a problem
3. Has tons of features
4. Your running is quite low so the petrol motor would give you the average which you expect from a car of that size and price
zaid qazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 14:54   #18
BHPian

For the kind of usage you have mentioned petrol is the way to go. And since petrol is the choice, I'd suggest you strike out Tata from the list. I'll tell you the reason why.

Back in 2018, I was looking for a car to replace my ageing Santro Xing (I was 3rd owner) since it was getting pretty expensive to maintain. I had almost finalized the top end Tigor petrol manual but thought of getting a second opinion. Spoke to my friend whose in Tata's powertrain department at a pretty senior post so knows the products in and out. These were his exact words, "if you're looking for a small car with petrol engine stay away from Tata. Long term reliability of those engines isn't very good. Go for the Baleno instead. The k12 engine is tried and tested and will serve you really well. Had you asked for a diesel I would have recommended the zest. I drive the same car and never faced any trouble with it till date."

After a lot of discussion with my dad and looking in the used car space as well, finally ended up buying a new Ignis Zeta petrol manual. It has been a great decision and I'd suggest you to try this one over the Celerio. Manual one is really peppy and quite practical for city commutes as well as bad roads considering the 180 mm GC. AMT is a pretty laggy gearbox and spoils the fun of driving. However, since your daily commute will be in Delhi traffic, I'd suggest you to test drive the i20 IVT. It will offer you peace of mind especially when driving in bumper to bumper traffic and will be well within your budget. Or, if you could possibly stretch your budget, then the S cross would be another great pick. Interiors are basic and not many features but it's a no-nonsense product and your ownership experience will be fuss-free.
yatesh.92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 11:40   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatesh.92 View Post
Spoke to my friend whose in Tata's powertrain department at a pretty senior post so knows the products in and out. These were his exact words, "if you're looking for a small car with petrol engine stay away from Tata. Long term reliability of those engines isn't very good. Go for the Baleno instead. The k12 engine is tried and tested and will serve you really well. Had you asked for a diesel I would have recommended the zest. I drive the same car and never faced any trouble with it till date."
Thanks for your advise. This is honestly scary I wonder if present owners of the revetron series engines are facing reliability issues.
Old 31st March 2022, 09:41   #20
BHPian

Hi Derrick,

I was in a similar boat last year when we wanted to replace our Hyundai Eon. However, one more factor which added to our search was availability, as my father had a tough time getting into the Eon, we wanted immediate delivery.

In the time frame and budget, there was only one car which fit my requirements and was readily available in stock was Ignis. Every other car had a waiting period ranging from weeks to months.

I am not sure what is your appetite for wait period, but in current scenario, maybe that should also be a factor you may want to keep in mind.
yaleen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 20:27   #21
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Please drive the Kia Carens if you have loved the Ertiga and want something similar. Alternative, you could also think of
- a pre-owned Innova (petrol oR diesel).
- pre-owned Hector (some early ones are coming into the pre-owned market)

Good luck with your hunt

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks