Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2007, 15:30   #1
BHPian

1.2-1.4 L - Which car do you suggest as a second hand deal...

Hi

I have been looking for a used car in the range of 1.2-1.4L.

have looked at few cars but need more suggesions from all.

UNO D - Ride Quality, Mileage and awesome driving pleasure(<30k kms).
(had plans to fit the siena's turbo to it, N years later plonk the 1.6 into it.)

UNO P - Ride Quality, Mileage and awesome driving pleasure(<40k kms).
(few years later plonk the 1.6 into it.)

Palio 1.6 - Build Quality, Adrenaline rush... Bad resale-(good for me)

Alto Vx 1.1 - Decent ride quality, pick up and mileage, EASY to MAINTAIN.

Corsa 1.6 - Awesome ride quality, big car feel, Bad Resale...

I'm looking for a car which would be in decent condiiton but available cheap due to bad resale...
Or
One which has good resale but available in a decent condition because of build quality and are cheap to maintain, as they would have clocked much more kms and would ask for maintenance...

Ride Quality Rules...

Past driving experiences - UNO, Palio, Siena, Corsa, Astra, Sonata, Baleno, Alto - never owned any of them, but spent considerable amount time and kms in them.

Is there a way to build a legal e-zen?
Can the rattling, ride quality of a zen be solved by KONI?

Please put forward your best suggestions.

Regards
Samy
Old 9th June 2007, 15:52   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Within 1.5 lac, the Palio will surely give you the "most car" and the supreme ride quality you seek. As you already mentioned, the terrible resale value works in your favour.

Go ahead. And enjoy the 1.6!
Old 9th June 2007, 16:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Samy
In that range i would suggest u to get a used ZEN ...?

UNO - Not recommended as u would only find them with around 1lac kms logged n maintenance isn't gonna be easy.

ALTO 1.1 - Good overall performance but parts are very costly

PALIO 1.6 - Seems to be the only good option
Quote:
Can the rattling, ride quality of a zen be solved by KONI?
It'll only spoil the ride quality....Its not worth it in a Zen...
Old 9th June 2007, 16:04   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I doubt if a Palio 1.6 will come for that cheap? ( <1.5 L). If yes, IMO its got to be seriously on its last legs or must have taken some good beating.
Old 9th June 2007, 17:43   #5
BHPian

Palio 1.6 I think is the best pick among the list you have, but i guess you'll have to stretch your budget to about 2 - 2.2L for a well maintained car.

Cheers
Hellcat
Old 9th June 2007, 17:47   #6
BHPian

I doubt you can get a palio 1.6 in 1.4- 1.5 lacs unless its badly battered and the owner wants to throw it away as soon as possible. Stretch your budget a little and you will be able to get you hands on it. I think for 2L you will be able to get a decently maintained 1.6.
Old 9th June 2007, 18:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
I doubt you can get a palio 1.6 in 1.4- 1.5 lacs unless its badly battered and the owner wants to throw it away as soon as possible. Stretch your budget a little and you will be able to get you hands on it. I think for 2L you will be able to get a decently maintained 1.6.
Dont know about delhi but within 1.5 you can get a good 1.6 GTX in Bombay. Actually for that price you'll get them a dime a dozen here.
Old 9th June 2007, 18:26   #8
BHPian

Go for an mpfi zen if you can get one.
Fun to drive, easy to maintain & never breaks down.
Old 9th June 2007, 19:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
ALTO 1.1 - Good overall performance but parts are very costly
err, why should the parts be costly. The engine and gearbox is shared with the wagonR and the rest of the stuff with the Alto 0.8 ?
Old 9th June 2007, 20:31   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

I would suggest you stay away from the Corsa and Zen and any other car which is not in prouction as maintainance would be expensive in the long run.
I would suggest you get a Palio 1.6 (avoid 1.2 as they are not makin it anymore).
Old 9th June 2007, 20:48   #11
BHPian

GO for ALto
Mileage, A.S.S, Peace of mind, acceptable driving pleasure, Resale and Handling.

You will get a good vehicle if you approach true value though it will be slightly overpriced.

Good luck
Old 9th June 2007, 22:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Dont know about delhi but within 1.5 you can get a good 1.6 GTX in Bombay. Actually for that price you'll get them a dime a dozen here.
Sir..! In Delhi also its the same..My friend got a used GTX with 20k kms logged for 1.5 lacs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
err, why should the parts be costly. The engine and gearbox is shared with the wagonR and the rest of the stuff with the Alto 0.8 ?
You are right..!
But my statement was based on a comparison i made after my accident in an ALTO 0.8...Most of the alto 0.8 are MGP n some of the 1.1 parts are SGP which were costing a bomb in comparison to the 0.8...The head assembly cover of 0.8 costs 2K whereas the 1.1 costs 7K ....
Old 10th June 2007, 07:21   #13
LLL
BHPian

just go for wagonr or santro. you will get a tried and tested car with good engine, service support and easy exit option...
Old 10th June 2007, 09:37   #14
Senior - BHPian

you can find Pailo 1.6 in Bangalore for 1.4 lacs, However extremely carefull while making the deal, there are bad maintained pailos for sale and also very well maintained (I saw few good palios but quoting 2lacs for 2003 model). For your requirment pailo is right bet, otherwise you can find Palio week end or 2002 Siena / Petra(not sure...) also for 1.4 lacs.

Ravi.
Old 11th June 2007, 17:21   #15
BHPian

Thanks guys...

delhi guys: I know the rates are super sexy there... when i moved to bangy 2 years back , I had two deals in hand one 29k done 1.6 for 1.45 and one 20k done 1.6 for 1.5 nego. boht 2001.

Mumbai: I've been hovering over your city for a while now.. you guys have good deals but my problem is checking out the car. Flood is the main trouble.

Bangy: Unrelaistic prices with unrelaistic reasons "We have spent on maintenance"

Jaise mujhe toh maintennace kanri hi nahi hai... gaaadi toh 30k k baad maintenance free hoti hai...

LLL - "Bhaiya gaadi chahiye smajhota nahi, tin ka dabba char pahiyo k saath" - get realistic don't give people blind suggessions, look at their requirements - ride quality and stable cars. Look at what cars I have driven that explains my taste in cars. No offence...

Don't mind petra or siena at all....

Serisouly this forum has become more about getting more prices for your car than helping people get good deals.

Mods - Can we come up with a price list of second hand cars in various cities and if one city is high the reason why its high...

True Value - one of my friend bought a versa at 41k kms, next day met the owner who told him that he had done more than 68K.

Regards
Samy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks