Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2007, 01:25   #1
BANNED

USED MATIZ..Chklist & suggestions plz

I'm planning to go for used MATIZ (Though ALTO is still in the list but reading about MATIZ I'm impressed). The reviews from net & even feedback from mechanics are mixed. If a person says good things another person says, don't go for matiz mainly due to spares and maintenance worry. So IF im going for MATIZ what should be the checklist and any guidelines about choosing year/usage in KM and pricing/version? What about LPG as addon if FE is not that much impressive. My usage is mixed with city and highway in 60:40 ratio about 800-1000km per month with mostly 2 or 3 persons only. BHP suggestions are appreciated and thanks in adv.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th June 2007 at 02:49. Reason: making readable
Old 13th June 2007, 03:44   #2
BHPian

I think maruti will be more of peace matiz is not so special ,it does not offer you the risk reward ratio of maruti infact there is hardly any risk in buying a alto or zen or wagon R ( the only one being buying used ) and if you re adding Lpg to it then surely go for maruti , i have heard matiz is a good car but dawoos have big time electrical problems and half of the mechs shy away from dawoo cars ,where as maruti is absolute peace of mind be it service parts or relibility , and if you are still charmed by miss korean beauty why not go for santro
one of my friends sold his cielo last week 97 model with Ac p w Ps in good condition and guess what he got price was horrible 20000 rs
Old 13th June 2007, 08:51   #3
BHPian

hi shapath,

i agree with rubin on the matter. Buyin used cars is indeed a risk unless you keep certain things in mind. First thing is to get hold of the RC and check the engine and chasis number. Match it out with the ones in the car. Next is to check the tyre treads. It shouldn't be too worn out. One should change batteries every 3 years or so. So if u plan to buy one older than 3 years ask for a battery replacement. Then comes the drive. Listen for any minute sound coming from anywhere. Check for any play in clutch. If there is then clutch plates have to be changed. Not much expense though. Try revving the engine in every gear till max and listen to the sounds of engine as well inside cabin. Keep your ears open.
Also if u buying Maruti then goto a true value shop, they would give you a year's warranty for parts (no plastic parts). I would recommend you not to buy a Matiz. Because spares might be a problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks