Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 17:11   #1
BANNED

pros & cons of buying RE Registered car

There is a vehicle ( Used ZEN LX 2003 -done about 30000- second owner ) this has been re registered in chennai from one of the north indian state & paper seems to be fine . what are the pros & cons .mainly is there any -ve aspect in purchasing vehicle re registered . will it affect future resale aspect.TIA
Old 14th June 2007, 18:00   #2
BHPian

pros - the price - it should be cheaper than similar TN registered cars
cons - nothing much except that its difficult to find the history of the car in the other state unless u have someone there who could go to the RTO to check it for you.

Generally resale value is lesser for re regd vehicles.
Old 14th June 2007, 18:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re-registered vehicles has price impact.

I heard that Taxi's running in other states are bought and sold in Chennai. Upon re-register, the RC will not reflect the previous registration classification of car. As I said earlier, I was told about this & Iam not sure about this. Check from this angle.

Also it is very difficult to check the service records for vehicles run on other states. Other than this, I dont see any issues. Few of my friends has bought re-registered vehicle and dont have any issues. It all boils down to how well the car is maintained.

By the way, whats your budget?
Old 14th June 2007, 18:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

For one thing, You will never get to know the number of owners. Second, like surprise has said, you will never know if it had been commercially used & what are the endorsements made in the original RC. Resale will be very difficult. Inspite of the cons, if you wish to go ahead, make sure you get it for a real low price.
Old 14th June 2007, 19:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
For one thing, You will never get to know the number of owners
I had seen Registration Certificates of re registered cars & it shows that owner details in previous state. But never seen a book that has two owners registered in previous state. Hence chances are there that book will only reflect the last owner details.

But I seriously doubt on not mentioning the details of complete set of owners in re-registered vehicles.
Old 14th June 2007, 19:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

I re registered my M-1000 in chennai. It had a PY regn. There was just 2 lines regarding the previous regn.
1. Regn. Number
2. RTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks