Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2007, 12:50   #1
BHPian

Swift Diesel Help

Hi GUYS,

First of all thanks a lot for the help from Team -BHP to get my friends PULSAR 200cc bike so quick.

Actually My cousin is planning to buy a SWIFT diesel in Bangalore and everywhere they are quoting a waiting period of 4 MONTHS!!!!

Can anyone please help him in getting this car quicker?

Any help will be good.

Thanks
Draz
Old 27th June 2007, 23:36   #2
BHPian

Waiting period for Swift is being respected at all dealerships, including those in Delhi. You can get it quicker only if either Maruti begins producing more the number everyday, or, if the dealer happens to be a very good friend of yours.

- KK.
Old 28th June 2007, 09:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Please reach out to Kalyani Motors on Mysore Road. This dealer is out of town hence might have a lesser wait time.
Old 28th June 2007, 10:17   #4
Team-BHP Support

Tough ask!

I hope one of the bangalore guys will be able to help you out.
Old 28th June 2007, 10:57   #5
BHPian

Try to get a person in MUL directly to make things happen fast. I booked my SX4 in MUL however Khivraj is going to deliver the car. The guy in MUL will followup and will give prirority to me. I hope the car will be delivered quickly.
Old 28th June 2007, 15:17   #6

Hi All,
Well the car can be delivered only if the dealer is a category A dealer. I had booked my swift VDI with 2 months of waiting. But the dealer in Faridabad (*Vipul Motors") got the car delivered in 2 weeks. Well the secret to this is that MUL gives deliveries of cars as per teh dealer capability to also puchase in-bulk ALTOs and WAGAN-Rs (Not so hot selling) also along with deliveries of Swift Diesel and SX4. Which ever dealer can purchase these cars too along with the swifts and the SX4s, the customers of those dealers get real quick deliveries.

So look out for such a dealer and I bet you may get your car fast.

Thanks
Old 28th June 2007, 18:22   #7
BHPian

One dealer in bangalore is ready to give in 2 weeks time if we pay 30k more cash .

I feel its plain black mail and not a good culture to do that.

but if anyone is in extreme rush then he can do it.
Old 28th June 2007, 20:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

draz,

i dont support that at all. i d rather wait 4 months or go for another car. well they say 4 months but it could come in earlier too. just a matter of wait. i got mine in two months. i can recommend you to talk to sharath@bimal if you so require. but try RNS, or mandovi first.

mclaren or memo can help you out

srik
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:12   #9

Do not pay extra

Hi Dear,
I also do not take that. Please do not pay Rs 30000 more for the car. Drop in a mail to Maruti Suzuki corporate office to know the exact delay. Then ask the fellow that you are ready to wait that much time. Do not pay more for a depreciating commodity anyways.

Thanks
Old 6th July 2007, 14:53   #10
BHPian

Does your swift vdi clitter clatter?

Hi everybody. got the delivery of my swift vdi(red)2 days back. The car is very good spacious and comfortable and all that, but I am a bit worried.
The problem is it makes this knocking sound in the 1700rpm region which one usually gets to hear with tata indica diesels. The noise starts at 1600rpm reaches the peak around 1800 and comes down to the noise less normal engine sound at 1950rpm. With all the windows raised this sound is clearly audible.
I want to know if this is same with all the swift diesels or is it just mine? Should i go and check it with the dealer? i don't think they are very co operative here in mysore (the mondovi). I had test driven the car two months back with glasses open, so don't know if it had the same problem.
Help me guys. please let me know wat i should do. And with 15lts of diesel the car ran only 180kms. Is it ok for a new car?
Hope to hear back from you people. Thanks!!!
Old 6th July 2007, 17:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Kalyani Motors said 7 months for delivery. But you can try in Mandovi Motors. They said 5 months when asked about the delivery time. RNS is also informing 5 months.

Check out is the big dealer and book with them as their allocation of cars will be more.....
Old 7th July 2007, 21:10   #12
BHPian

hey people.!! i got my car(swift vdi) delivered just in 50 days flat here in mysore.. when i asked the dealer how so soon when he had actually said 6 months while booking? he said that the color i booked was not in much demand and that is how they could manage to get it early.. he also said that people who have booked white are still waiting even though its over 4 months since they have booked the car..

how lucky am i.. book the best color and get the delivery even before others..

BTW red is the color of my car..
Old 8th July 2007, 13:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hello Veyron,

I have not experienced any knock as such, only some vibrations and rattles(which has been fixed at the first service). in the rpm range that you mention. So you should go to the dealer and explain your problem to them. if they dont understand, take them for a TD with you driving and then ask them to listen to the sound. Thats how I got my rattles sorted out. Talk to them firmly, tell them that you will provide this feedback to Maruti as well. Maybe that will get them to be serious about it, if it is a genuine issue.

12 kmpl seems a bit too low, unless you have been doing only bumper to bumper, stop-g-traffic such as in Bangalore. Try shifting to higher gears sooner and see of there is a change. My worst mileage so far has been 14 kmpl or so.
Old 8th July 2007, 22:52   #14
BHPian

Congrats veyron on your new car. Red is the most attractive color for Swift especially on the front side. Have a safe ride.
Old 10th July 2007, 23:25   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Congrats veyron on your new car. Red is the most attractive color for Swift especially on the front side. Have a safe ride.
yup its a cool color.. thanks man...!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks