Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2007, 17:32   #1

used diesel 2- 2.5 lacs which one !

hello to all ! i'm karthik from tirupur, tn, im a silent viewer of our forum for the past 6 months. guys you are giving excelent ideas. coming to my requirement, my previous cars are 1. fiat uno petrol , peugeot 309 petrol.
right now i want change my pug 309 & want to go for used diesel / lpg hatch /station wagan or a sedan with lpg or diesel
reqirements as follows:
1. budget 2 to 2.5 lacs maximum
2. 800 kms in city& 700 kms in highway.
3. reliable & cheap on maintenence
4. for 4 adult it should be in comfort
5. fuel efficiency is impartant.
cars in my mind:
hatch:
1. wagon r
2. old zen
3. santro
4. indica diesel
station wagon
1. indigo marina
sedan:
1. accent with lpg
2. esteem with lpg
3. indigo diesel
please give your valuable advice / thanks in advance.
Old 28th June 2007, 17:49   #2
BHPian

congratulations on your first post!
for your requirements you could probably get hold of a nice esteem or accent with LPG. but since you do 700 kms of highway travelling a month i don't quite know of LPG is the best way to go.
i am told used diesels generally come with high mileages put on them already. you can probably get an indigo diesel for 2.5L
other members who have purchased used diesels could probably give you more suggestions
Old 28th June 2007, 17:58   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
congratulations on your first post!
for your requirements you could probably get hold of a nice esteem or accent with LPG. but since you do 700 kms of highway travelling a month i don't quite know of LPG is the best way to go.
i am told used diesels generally come with high mileages put on them already. you can probably get an indigo diesel for 2.5L
other members who have purchased used diesels could probably give you more suggestions
thanks a lot for your quick reply! in tirupur there is only one lpg station. i prefer diesel rather than lpg any other idea, what model (year ) come to my budget, please give suggestion. thanks once again.
Old 28th June 2007, 18:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

For a 2.5L budget , only the first "prototype" Indigos with MASSIVE turbo lag will be available and i wouldn't suggest going anywhere near it.
My recommendations in the list u've given is:
1) 2001-2002 Esteem MPFI with LPG kit
2) Genuine Indicas from individual owners
3)Any of the japanese hatches are good.
Old 28th June 2007, 18:12   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm. Well, sure you have lpg pumps in the vicinity?

If so, Consider Maruti/Hyundai cars with LPG fitment. For diesels look for an used Indica asnitrous suggested.
Old 28th June 2007, 18:50   #6
BHPian

buy esteem or accent with Lpg i dont know about south but here in delhi you can get hondas and lancers for this price , used indica can also be taken but not more than 2-3 years old
Old 28th June 2007, 18:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

It is never advised to get a second hand diesel
the diesel on sale on will have high mileage and would ask alot of work after you buy the car and you can be easily conned into buy a taxi car so be careful

buy a esteem and put a lpg kit it will keep your gas bill low
Old 28th June 2007, 19:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Esteem LPG is good bet then comes Accent with LPG, I heard and feel MUL cars like Esteem are very good choice as far as LPG goes. If something go wrong fixing will be easy.

You can also think about Fiat Adventure and plan installing LPG which is best choice If you think about practicality and live with Fiat/TATA service.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 28th June 2007, 19:19   #9
BHPian

try peuguot 309d which is good on milege and stability
Old 28th June 2007, 19:24   #10
BHPian

Esteem with LPG will be surely a very good economical option. any way MUL cars has good FE. (i'm using old Zen with LPG from past 4 years ) otherwise Indica from some individual owner might be a good choice.
Old 28th June 2007, 20:06   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Esteem LPG is good bet then comes Accent with LPG, I heard and feel MUL cars like Esteem are very good choice as far as LPG goes. If something go wrong fixing will be easy.

You can also think about Fiat Adventure and plan installing LPG which is best choice If you think about practicality and live with Fiat/TATA service.

Regards,

Ravi.
thanks every body,
1. is the indica d will give troubel after 50000 kms,
2. shall i get petra d or petra or adventure with my budget,
3. if yes is there any problem with maintenence , mileage , lpg installation in petra & adventure,
4. harrie please help me regarding fiat service in tirupur.
Old 28th June 2007, 20:07   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags View Post
try peuguot 309d which is good on milege and stability
but terrible on service and spare part availability.
Old 28th June 2007, 20:10   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
but terrible on service and spare part availability.

definetly yes , i have have horrible experience with my pug 309 p, but it was a nice car to drive long distance .
Old 28th June 2007, 20:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

About Petra or Adventure I have seen very low resale value so people who want to sell have to wait for customer who understands and respect Fiat cars and buy, Example person known to me waited for longtime before he sold his Petra in bangalore for 3 lacs its 2005 model very nice car, I wanted to buy it but If its Adventure I would have baught it. Petra is small for me with respect to shoulder space in back seat.

Adventure makes more practical choice than Petra. I feel If you find good technical person who can install lpg on Adventure or Petra therewon't be much trouble. I guess with lpg you should get around at least 7kmpl as FE in City and 11kmpl as FE on highway with AC on. Maintanancewise it won't cost much even if you install LPG in any car.

About Indica even after 50,000 km car will be strong not much maintanance If we have taken good care of it from the begining. With almost all cars it all depends on how good we look after.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 28th June 2007, 20:38   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
About Petra or Adventure I have seen very low resale value
Ravi.
thanks /any body knows about fiat service in tirupur /coimbatore will help me to decide, & which model petra or adventure fit my budget ,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks