Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2007, 13:45   #1

Help Wanted - TeamBHP

Hi ...I am looking for a 97 or a 98 Maruti zen. My budget is very low (Rs. 80000) and around 50000 bucks more for the body work, such as bodykits, neons, and spoilers along with alloy wheels. If you can please tell me that where can I find a place in bangalore, where I can get the body work done for cheap with good quality. I am planning to take the vehicle from a preowned showroom. Will plan later to spend on the interior.

Waiting for suggestions.
Old 30th June 2007, 15:18   #2
BHPian

You can try in Maruti true value showroom or you have an option of private sellers. I guess you should get zen at that price for given year model.
Old 30th June 2007, 19:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

I doubt you'll find a Zen for that much. For the total price, you could find an e-Zen though.
Old 30th June 2007, 20:09   #4
Team-BHP Support

You can certainly find something from the first batch of zens, a 95-96 carb zen should easily be possible, but then again, you're in bangalore whihc has some ridiculous prices for used cars.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 30th June 2007 at 20:14.
Old 30th June 2007, 20:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
but then again, you're in bangalore whihc has some ridiculous prices for used cars.
Possibly. 97/98 Carb zens would cost around 70/80K in Kolkata.
Old 30th June 2007, 20:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Not in BLR. You'd be lucky to find anything under a lakh. I know because we just gave up after hunting for a month. The cheapest was 1.1 for a 1998 Zen that didn't look too great either.
Old 1st July 2007, 02:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

i sold a 97 m800 type one dx in blue color last year for about 62k

the car was all original with about 90k on the odo

so you can easily find a m800 in your price range

but a zen would be a difficult thing

OT the price down south for second hand cars is very high if you compare it with northern part i cann't help wondering why is it
Old 1st July 2007, 16:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
OT the price down south for second hand cars is very high if you compare it with northern part i cann't help wondering why is it
On reason could be , OTR prices are generally higher in Bangalore compared to NCR ?
Old 1st July 2007, 18:13   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
On reason could be , OTR prices are generally higher in Bangalore compared to NCR ?
You are right! Reason is showroom price are higher in bangalore and on top of that taxes also are high compared to north india so that makes car on road bit costlier then rest of india.
Old 1st July 2007, 22:17   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Not in BLR. You'd be lucky to find anything under a lakh. I know because we just gave up after hunting for a month. The cheapest was 1.1 for a 1998 Zen that didn't look too great either.
Was also looking out for a old zen and after the estilo launch the prices have gone up I guess by 10-20%. True Value in Bangalore didnt have any decent Zen (except for Auto transmission ones).
Old 2nd July 2007, 10:16   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
OT- Thats not the major reason. The biggest reason is the IT folks who are willing to shell out money, and to top it, generally knows very little about cars. these folks flock in to anything that is "Certified" and pays higher price.

Recently, a 2004 Baleno Lxi was quoting 5 lakhs in Bangalore

This is not restricted to used cars. I have seen my collegues buying new cars at whatever price quoted by dealer.
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:32   #12

Thankyou all Guys..

First of all...I would like to thank everyone for replying, coz I thought that I would never get a reply. I would like to inform all of you that I managed to buy a Daewoo Cielo (Black), for 72,000 bucks. Its excellent. I tested the vehicles. Gives 8 km/L but I am ok with it as I visited a site and asked for suggestions at (www.*************.com). These guys told to use IRX Iridium Spark Plugs for better performance and mielage, and also they told to use good fully synthetic engine oil (Sorry dont remember the name, but costs 760 bucks for a litre.) Now....I want another help...

Can anyone tell me where in Bangalore can I get a good person, who can remodify my car like a sports car for cheap. (the full body kit, spoilers, alloy wheels {Now when I talk of alloy wheels, I m confused whats the maxium size I can use, however, one of my friend told that you can use 17". I wanted to know that can I use 17" alloys in a cielo, if yes how?). And also about decals, can any1 please tell me where can I get the work done in bangalore and how much will it cost for the all above.

For the time being, I have got great Interiors, but right now I want to concentrate on the exteriors.

Once again Thanks for every information. .......I bet, all of you would be wondering why I took a cielo...Plz do not worry. After a Long research of 2 months I decided for either a zen or a cielo. I love my car guys, and I think its the same with you guys too....

Thanks again. Please do reply. I will be waiting.
Old 2nd July 2007, 19:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock.Racer View Post
I bet, all of you would be wondering why I took a cielo...Plz do not worry.
we trust you.

going after a car you love in spite of expecting bad responses shows how much you love (and know) your cars. take good care of her.

sorry no responses on your queries.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks