Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 19:44   #16

Thanks everyone for your comments.

1) I felt i may not need Palio 1.6 for my requirements. I test drove Palio1.1 Stile. Although i was impressed by the looks, build, ride and good value for money, i did not like the interiors and found the car to be very very underpowered. (may be performance of the Uno diesel which i owned previously had raised my expectations)

2) Since i may have to spend next 4 to 5 years in mofussil towns (due to my job) i did nor consider UV-A as i was not sure about the *** presence in such places. Also, the offers i mentioned above for Getz are not available in UV-A, which made it pricey by Rs.30,000.

3) Importantly, since i am buying the vehicle through a scheme, i am required to keep this vehicle for a minimum of 8 years. So, i felt that the good build quality of Getz would matter more than the resale value in such long period.

I have almost decided on Getz. The only thing i am a bit wary is on the mileage front. I hope the logic behind the choice makes sense. Comments are welcome.

Thank you.
Old 16th July 2007, 22:18   #17
BHPian

coolspeed..

Can you throw a light on the discounts parts?

How tough is to get these kind of discounts? You got them straight in first shot ? or you did take some special efforts for the negotiations?

One of my company friend is planning for hatch around 5 lkh max. Due to budget he is planning for swift vxi , but if he gets a deal like I can convince him to go for the getz.

So please throw light on the negotiations part
Old 16th July 2007, 23:51   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey coolspeed,
given your requirements, the Getz would be an ideal car for you.
Your other options are -
The Swift - however build quality isn't upto the mark and it isn't spacious. Also, the FE difference would be 1kmpl. The *** and resale value of the Swift would be good however, as you are planning on keeping the car for a long time, i don't think the resale value matters and the A.S.S of Hyundai is as good if not better than maruti's in terms of satisfaction.
The Swift however, is more fun to drive and powerful but is very cramped and ride quality isn't the best around either.

The Palio 1.6 -
It's an amazing car, much more powerful than the Getz and much better to drive to. However, IMHO the interiors aren't as good as the Getz's and neither is the A.S.S which i believe is vital to you.

The UV-A - I really haven't seen the car so i would not comment on it.

IMHO, the Getz is an amazing car, with really good A.S.S, build quality, loads of space and amazing ride quality.
It may not have loads of power, but the 1.3 mill surely churns out more than adequate power for daily driving. Similarly, the FE may not be as good as your Zen but then again, the FE of all the cars you have shortlisted aren't something to write home about either.
Also, as some members pointed out, the resale value isn't too good but then after 8 years, there would be a very small difference in the resale value of this car and the Swift. Also, it's a Hyundai and Hyundai's command a decent resale value in India.
I think the little difference in money is a really small price to pay for the amazing build quality, space, looks, ride quality and what not.
My brother bought a Getz on my insistence and he loves the car, his earlier car being a Santro, for the same reasons.
He says low end pick up isn't the best but just plonk in a standard K n N airfilter and see the difference.
Old 16th July 2007, 23:53   #19
BHPian

Hey Coolspeed? Could you tell us how many KM's; will you drive in a month / week ?

Get'z 1.3 should be INR 5.10 - INR 5.60 Lak respective to the city where you are.

The same money would fetch you a Renault Logan 1.4 Base. Also if you could stretch, you could get the Ford Ikon 1.3.

If you think; Hatchback would suffice your needs, you have many options in hand. From my scrap book would be 1) Wagon R / Duo 2) Swift VXi. Not to mention Get'z Prime is not a bad choice at all. IMHO, It's expensive.

Cheers,
Jai

Last edited by nevertouchme : 16th July 2007 at 23:54.
Old 17th July 2007, 13:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
hey coolspeed. you might find it a bit underpowered in the beginning. but after your warranty is over out in a free flow exhaust and an air filter. its improved the lower end of my getz alot. also see if your dealers can give you power mirrors on your car.
akshay, does changing the filter to k&n 'stock' filter, void the hyundai warranty?

similarly with the free flow exhaust.. - also, how much did this cost you?
Old 17th July 2007, 13:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme View Post
Hey Coolspeed? Could you tell us how many KM's; will you drive in a month / week ?

Get'z 1.3 should be INR 5.10 - INR 5.60 Lak respective to the city where you are.

The same money would fetch you a Renault Logan 1.4 Base. Also if you could stretch, you could get the Ford Ikon 1.3.

If you think; Hatchback would suffice your needs, you have many options in hand. From my scrap book would be 1) Wagon R / Duo 2) Swift VXi. Not to mention Get'z Prime is not a bad choice at all. IMHO, It's expensive.

Cheers,
Jai
I was looking for a car with good conventional looks (not the swift kind - which looks like a 'fat aunty' from behind), rich on back-seat space/comfort for my parents (they were 'hardly 'comfy with the swift..getting in & out, and the ride).. good ride quality..

swift did not have any of the above, 'especially quite sad' in the rear..
(I often feel the guys who designed the front and the rear of the swift, were of 2 different mind-sets.. the front looks quite contemporary and spacious inside, but the back is a real let-down..)

this apart, decent mileage, good service network!!

& decent pick-up on city highways..
- my Getz 1.1 GLE lets me touch 140-150 with ease on bangalore-chennai highway.. the initial pick-up isnt ravishing, but "retty good" for city traffic..

very happy with my choice.. which i made on comparison with Swift, UVA & Palio

your choice is best made when you test drive all your car options along with your family, when the car would have the usual number of people.. and do get their opinion too! the last thing you want is the person sitting behind cribbing about how uncomfortable the ride was..
Old 18th July 2007, 18:49   #22

Thanks for all your inputs. I booked Getz 1.3 GLS for the same terms mentioned by me in my first post (Rs.4.85L effectively). May take the delivery next week.

One interesting point is that while the 1.3 L versions are available immediately, 1.1 L versions have a minimum one month waiting period.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks