Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 15:14   #1
BHPian

First Time Driver: Booked Swift VXI (ABS ) Silver

Hi Guys

At last after a long deliberation and inputs from T-BHP, I just now handed over the cheque for booking Swift VXI with ABS to Bimal guys in Whitefield. Waiting period is 2 months. Lets see if they can speed up things. Still exploring options for Seat Covers, ICE, Sunfilm etc.
My heart says PALIO ADVENTURE, but this time my head prevailed and I had to go for SWIFT. Even though I am a first time driver, I Still wanted to go for Adventure as I intended to use it for life. But ....
I wanted to thank you all for your inputs and feedback on t-bhp.
Ram P
Old 17th July 2007, 17:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Good choice there. BUT, 2 months for a Swift VXi with ABS?!
Old 17th July 2007, 17:59   #3
Team-BHP Support

I think it was the ABS that led to the delay. Its about time Maruti increased their stock of the darn things! Its apparent that the demand has far exceeded their original estimate. Good sign of things I'd say.
Old 17th July 2007, 18:21   #4
Team-BHP Support

Read somewhere in the forum that swift petrol is also having waiting period in bangalore. 2 months may be due to ABS.

lambuhere1: congrats on getting your first car. And for insisting on ABS. Swift is a nice car to own, and will anyday give you better ownership experience compared to the Adventure.

There are many Swift owners in the forum, specially from bangalore, so finding accessories from a good shop wont be a problem. Just search around the threads.
Old 17th July 2007, 18:24   #5
BANNED

Hi guys

First of all I apologise if this is the wrong place to ask the question.
I am planning to book SWIFT vxi with ABS(WHITE).I have a quick question.
I am staying in Delhi right now.However the on road prices in Gurgaon are 19,000 bucks cheaper than Delhi for all models of SWIFT.
Should I buy the car from Delhi or Gurgaon ?
Will it make any difference regards to anything like resale or any other negative impact etc.
Also the dealer in Gurgaon is offering a loyalty bonus of 10,000 bucks since I am already driving a MARUTI for the past 7-8 years.
Old 17th July 2007, 18:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Congrats for booking the vehicle. Swift is a good vehicle no doubt about that. My friend has the same and he is enjoying the ride. FE is around 13~14kms (city). About your queries,

For Seat covers: You can go to G-Sport (though little costly, it is good)
For Sun Films: 3M / Garware. Although 3M is preferred.
For ICE: You can ample information and see many threads in ASK THE GURUS....
Old 17th July 2007, 18:36   #7
BHPian

Congrats man, really a good choice, even i own Swift Vxi ABS. Good vehicle...
But waiting period of 2 months????

Did you enquire in any other showroom??

Before booking one ( in oct 2006) i had enquired in many showrooms and Pratham Motors had the least waiting period of 10 days, RNS had a waiting period of 1.5 months, Bimal 1 month and Mandovi 1 month so finally brought from Pratham Motors.
Try giving a call to other Dealers..

Vijay

Last edited by vijay_k : 17th July 2007 at 18:37.
Old 17th July 2007, 18:43   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
Hi guys

I am staying in Delhi right now.However the on road prices in Gurgaon are 19,000 bucks cheaper than Delhi for all models of SWIFT.
Will it make any difference regards to anything like resale or any other negative impact etc.
Also the dealer in Gurgaon is offering a loyalty bonus of 10,000 bucks since I am already driving a MARUTI for the past 7-8 years.
I think you can buy your car from Gurgaon, it should not make any difference.
As far as my knowledge is concerned resale value of the car depends on how you maintain the car not where you buy it from.
And you will even save 19000 + 10000 which you can spend on alloys or ICE

Vijay
Old 18th July 2007, 09:02   #9
BHPian

Thanks Guys for all your feedback, replies and support.

Yes, I did enquire with all the dealers in BLR and it boils down to an average of 2 months. Max 5 months. I believe its due to ABS option which I had gone for. Funny thing is that SILVER which I opted seems to be having more waiting period compared to other new colors. Wonder why ?

And for Sunfilm, I am exploring 3M option. Let me dig more info on this.

Will keep youall posted with the necessary info I gathered.

Ram P
Old 18th July 2007, 10:23   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
And for Sunfilm, I am exploring 3M option. Let me dig more info on this.
You can by digging into this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...hlight=Sunfilm
Old 18th July 2007, 10:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

Swift ABS or non ABS waiting period is 2 months when I checked last week, However they told few colors are available within a week time for delivery.

Hey Ram, Why did go with BIMAL there are many guys had bad experience with BIMAL, If you know them very well you should get good service from them otherwise BIMAL is nightmare for sales/service according to many people.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 18th July 2007, 10:39   #12
BHPian

Since its near to my home, I went to BIMAL Whitefield. Other than that I didnt see any issues. As far as service and sales, I did receive some positive feedback from my ex-collegues who are quite happy with BIMAL WHITEFIELD.

Ravi: Can you tell me which dealer you spoke to abt the availability of colors in a weeks time? Will expore that option also.
Old 18th July 2007, 11:01   #13
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
Hi guys

WOAH !! what are u waiting for ?? if i'm right ur getting 19000 + 10000 discount! There will be no effect on the resale value as such. I think the 19000 figure is because registration in Haryana is cheapest between noida and delhi.
Old 18th July 2007, 11:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats lambuhere ! All dealers are more or less the same, they do business and not a service. If you have a good rappo with the dealer, then things tend to work out, else most of them take you for granted. Being knowledgeable helps, though, so that they cannot take you for a ride more often.

And luck plays a major factor, some people just have bad things happening to their car.
Old 4th November 2008, 20:09   #15
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase Ram, but i feel 2 months is too long for a VXI ABS as people are getting VDI ABS in such duration. More over Petrol versions are easier to get. I think you can mail to the MARUTI guy (Company, not showroom) and you may get a quick response and may be a faster delivery.

However nice choice of car pal, I too own a SILVER SWIFT, but VDI.

Cheers
Srikant

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks