Team-BHP - First timers Confusion : Swift VXI , Swift ZXI and Palio Stile 1.6
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   First timers Confusion : Swift VXI , Swift ZXI and Palio Stile 1.6 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/26495-first-timers-confusion-swift-vxi-swift-zxi-palio-stile-1-6-a.html)

Hello to everybody, I am a first time car buyer ( not a very experinece driver either ), planning to buy a car ASAP... hence lots of questions

ok so after doing all the test drives , reading this forum threads, and other reviews... I have zeroed down on these three cars

Swift VXI (waiting time of one month)
Swift ZXI (waiting time of 4-5 months
Palio Stile 1.6 ( zero waiting time :Cheering: )

Now this will be my first car, do you guys think, I will be able to do justice with the power of palio 1.6 ?

I also fear that my driving will not be very fuel frndly , hence FE would be low . may be in case of palio i will get 7-8 kmpl.. wat say u guys, is that a possibility ?

how important is ABS ? i can opt for swift vxi with ABS too... but is it worth that 25-30K ?

can somebody educate me why ZXI is so much in demand , that delars are giving 5-6 months waiting period ?

currently I am also sold to swift vxi ( I am planing to book it in a day or two.) but would like to know what do you guys say, just want to make sure, I am not doing any mistake :confused:

Best,
Pranav

Most of your queries would get answered if you do a search on this forum. Use the search option on top. I do not think you needed to open a new thread for this. Nonetheless, I will let it remain open for the time being.

Quote:

Originally Posted by proverma (Post 503421)
Hello to everybody, I am a first time car buyer ( not a very experinece driver either ), planning to buy a car ASAP... hence lots of questions :confused:
ok so after doing all the test drives , reading this forum threads, and other reviews... I have zeroed down on these three cars
Swift VXI (waiting time of one month)
Swift ZXI (waiting time of 4-5 months :Shockked:
Palio Stile 1.6 ( zero waiting time :Cheering: )
Now this will be my first car, do you guys think, I will be able to do justice with the power of palio 1.6 ?
I also fear that my driving will not be very fuel frndly , hence FE would be low . may be in case of palio i will get 7-8 kmpl.. wat say u guys, is that a possibility ?
how important is ABS ? i can opt for swift vxi with ABS too... but is it worth that 25-30K ?
can somebody educate me why ZXI is so much in demand , that dealers are giving 5-6 months waiting period ?
currently I am also sold to swift vxi ( I am planing to book it in a day or two.) but would like to know what do you guys say, just want to make sure, I am not doing any mistake :confused:
Best,
Pranav

Hi. Since you have decided to get Swift VXi, my opinion is that you should get the ABS version. ABS prevents the wheels from locking up, and could be a deciding factor during an emergency.

Swift ZXi is a very good package too. If you can extend your budget and can wait a bit, no problem in going for the ZXi.

As for the palio 1.6, its a very nice car to drive. However, you being a first time, wont recommend it. Problem is not the power, but the service.
If you have a search through the threads, owning a FIAT is not simple as owning a Maruti car. If you are sure you want a more powerful car, and can take all the problems coming towards you, then go for the FIAT.

I think you made the right choice. Swift VXI with ABS is better.

Go for VXI with ABS. Even I am a first time driver, weighing all the pros and cons of Swift VXI with and without ABS, I opted for VXI (ABS). Incidently I booked it on Monday.

Thanks

Ram P

Swift is any day better than Palio. Go for it Proverma.

Swift VXI with ABS will have at least 3 months wait time as ABS versions are made to order and will have significant lead time.

If u hav the budget, ZXI is always a good buy..

if you dont, u can go for VXI, like i did, and if u have more money, perhaps ABS

you say, ur saying ur driving is not fuel friendly..what does it mean?
does it mean, u are a rash driver? or u feel a novice driver means, less mileage..

when i bought my swift, i was also pretty much new to driving..this is my first car..

but i am pretty happy with the mileage i am getting(around 14+)
Another thing, u should keep in mind is the usage...mine is pretty less..say 500km per month.. so i dont want something which is very frugal...14+ is awesome for me..but some ppl want only FE....so its up to you..make ur calculations,...and decide what u want..(if ur usage is less, why not try Palio as well ? )

5 months for Zxi? Bimal and Pratham were quoting 2 months, 2 weeks back. Check again before you decide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 503518)
Swift is any day better than Palio.

Can you please elaborate that statement?

In what respect is Swift better than Palio? I can see only Maruti A** better than Fiat A**!
Otherwise Palio 1.6 is miles ahead of Swift 1.3 in terms of Performance, Ride Comfort, Handling, Build Quality, Space etc.

My sugestion New Pailo 1.6 its great VFM beast. The money you save while buying Palio you can travel for lakh kilometers. If you buy Swift P it would give maximum 3kmpl extra FE compared with Palio 1.6.

Swift is good only for looks but its too common car now and A.S.S. from Maruti.

Think practical buy Pailo.

Regards,

Ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 503518)
Swift is any day better than Palio

True, Ignorance is bliss.

Hi Pranav,

You might find Swift easier to maintain because of Maruti's service network. I personally would prefer Palio 1.6 because if I have to spend almost the same amount of money then why not get the bigger (1.6) engine.
But, I must say that probably with Swift, you will get more mental peace.

Sushant Dutta

the stile is a great car you cant compare the swift with it the only problem with fiat is the service...other wise stile is the car when it comes to performance, handling, comfort etc

the swift zxi comes with climate control ac may be this is why its in demand....if you are buying the swift buy the zxi and change the tyres on the day of delivery...u also get the rally kits for swift but its not available here

my suggsetion go for palio 1.6

I think swift vxi with ABS would be a great option and is worth the money you pay and you will surely get better service than that of Fiat..

Vijay

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp (Post 503878)
Can you please elaborate that statement?

In what respect is Swift better than Palio? I can see only Maruti A** better than Fiat A**!
Otherwise Palio 1.6 is miles ahead of Swift 1.3 in terms of Performance, Ride Comfort, Handling, Build Quality, Space etc.

Why this argument in every thread? :Frustrati