Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2007, 11:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Its simple. If you dont mind waiting. and if you can afford it. Wait and buy the Fabia. It should be really good a car.

If you want mileage and love FIAT...go for the Stile 1.1.

If you want good Customer care, want to go with the crowd and if you like the looks....go for the Swift.
Old 5th August 2007, 16:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

If you are ready to wait for the Fabia then wait some more time for the Grande Punto. The GP is a bigger car then the Fabia and moreover from news reports the Fabia is supposedly coming with 3 cylinder engines. For your height, the Swift maybe cramped and in all probabality the GP will be the most comfortable.
Old 5th August 2007, 20:28   #18
BHPian

Had a chance to see and compare both- the Fabia and Grande Punto in person on my very recent trip to the Swiss country side. I was surprised to see the number of Fiats and Alfas on the roads out there. Infact, Alfa seems to get a lot of respect in that part of the world, and they look way more cooler than the Golfs and Audis. Anyways, coming back to the topic, the Grande Punto looks way better than the Fabia in person. Or to put it in Mumbaiya language, Fabia looks like ' paani kam chai' in comparison to the Fiat.

So if you can wait for that, well and good. Otherwise, you always have the option of going in for the upcoming expensive Swift look alike.
Old 5th August 2007, 20:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

i thought alfas get a lot of respect in any part of the world ? did you manage to click any pics on your visit ?
Old 5th August 2007, 20:56   #20
BHPian

Nope, Alfa's brand name has been tarnished in a lot of countries, thanks to the inevitable - Fiat's quality of service and the reputation of iffy build quality and reliability of their cars. Its only their recent cars - the new 147, Brera and the new 159 (based on the Brera's platform) that promise German levels of quality. No wonder I saw so many Breras, 147s and 159s on the roads. Infact I saw more Alfas than Fiats or Lancias. Apart from these three, there were quite a few old 156s, first gen 147s, Alfa Spiders. Genuine head turners in the most awesome picture perfect country I've ever come across. Lovely combination.

yes, I did manage some pictures. will be putting them up in some time in another thread.

Last edited by roms : 5th August 2007 at 21:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks