Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 23:27   #16

Why so much conflicting reports on mileage? I would love to own a Palio but for the mileage. I am in the midst of deciding whether to buy a swift or a Palio and the reports are so confusing that I am unable to decide. Also would anyone know on what mileage the palio1.6 hs to offer in a city like bangalore where the traffic is always a mess
Old 8th August 2007, 00:16   #17

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

the conflicting reports on mileage is due to the fact that everyone drives differently.in a heavy traffic condition,the palio 1.6 stile should return atleast 10 kmpl with ac.i have friends who own swifts,while one gets 13kmpl with ac in the city,the other gets 8kmpl in the city with ac.
Old 8th August 2007, 12:54   #18
BHPian

Palio 1.1 Stile

1) Space(comfort) 9/10
The Palio definitely has more space than any other car in its segment
2) Suspension 9/10
The Palio also has the best suspension for any car its segment
3) power 7/10
The Power is low when compared to other cars in its segment. It has good torque at lower rpm. Performance in city is good. The performance lags on highways.
4) milage 8/10
I have never got lesser than 13kmpl with about 50% AC in Bangalore City. I have never got less than about 17kmpl with about 80% AC on highways
5) accesories 7/10
No ABS/Air Bags option
6) maintaince cost */10
No Idea as I have had no problems so far.
7) parts avilablity 7/10
I had an issue with my power window motor. I had the part replaces within hours. Spares for Palio Stile are well stocked.
8) Value for money 8/10
Points 1-7 and a price tag of about 4.3 is good value for money.

I would also like to add that i was hit twice once by a biker and once by a M800 at good speeds. The body has a very small dent which is not visible at just a glance. I dont think many cars in its segment would have had this minimal damage.
Old 8th August 2007, 13:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevng View Post
Why so much conflicting reports on mileage? I would love to own a Palio but for the mileage. I am in the midst of deciding whether to buy a swift or a Palio and the reports are so confusing that I am unable to decide. Also would anyone know on what mileage the palio1.6 hs to offer in a city like bangalore where the traffic is always a mess
In a moderate traffic and normal driving style in bangalore, I get 10KMPL on average and not more than that. Highway mileage depends upon driving speed and I get 14-17.5KMPL.
Old 14th August 2007, 23:53   #20

Gudda,
Are there car service/spares issues in Bangalore? I am just oscillating between Getz1.3 and Palio1.6 because of so many conflicting reports. FE wise, I don't think there is much of a difference between the two. In the models that I am looking at there is a price diff of 1 Lakh between Palio and Getz with Getz being on the higher side which is still ok. I spoke to a couple of people in Bangalore who own a palio and they said the service/spares was a big issue in Bangalore. Your first hand experience please.

Thanks,
Rajeev
Old 15th August 2007, 02:37   #21
BHPian

Spares are not an issue for Palio

This may be slightly off topic but I never faced an issues with spares & also servicing has been good..be it with TVS Cochin or RF Motors Cochin for ,my 2001 Palio 1.2ELX..
Old 15th August 2007, 13:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc View Post
In a moderate traffic and normal driving style in bangalore, I get 10KMPL on average and not more than that. Highway mileage depends upon driving speed and I get 14-17.5KMPL.
This mileage you mentioned is for your 2006 palio 1.6 rite... And i heard the new palio stile 1.6 has improved in its FE.. So i believe the mileage should be better compared to the figures mentioned..!!... Correct me here plz..!!..

I am also in mid of choosing palio stile 1.6..!..as the 1.1 version nowhere comes in to picture cuz of hte maruthi800 kinda performance..!!..

Anyone with 1.6 stile in bangalore, please update hte FE..!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks