Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2007, 16:34   #1
BHPian

Worth waiting for Fabia/Punto/Linea/Renault Sandero? EDIT - Bought Punto

Guys,

It's been a month that i have started thinking about changing my zen to a new one...

My confusion now is to go for a new car(Palio 1.6/Swift/ikon) now or wait for the release of "fabia/punto/linea/Renault Sandero" and then decide the car...

But is it really worth waiting for the release? Because the price and realse time are not very sure as it is given in sites....

What would you all say about this? ...

I do know about Punto and that's one good catch (as a FIAT fan) from its look and technology (only if it's priced 4.5 to 6)...

NOTE: One more thought was to get an used 1.6 ikon and spend some amount on modifying it (spoiler.. alloys.. ICE... filter.. etc etc).. This is just another thought....

Now you see how confused i aam in this matter now..!. . may be cuz i want to have the best machiene in my hand and do not wanna regret later on...

what say?

Last edited by DCEite : 18th September 2007 at 20:55. Reason: Excessive smilies
Old 18th September 2007, 20:26   #2
LLL
BHPian

wait for 3 more months - there will be some definite news on new launches. most of new cars are expected to be out by jan 08. also add swift sedan to the mix.

it seems used ikon is expensive to maintain..owners say that. But if u have to jump now, consider something else - maybe baleno or an esteem or an accent.
Old 18th September 2007, 20:59   #3
BHPian

If you are not in need for a new car immediately, then better to wait for 3-4 months. You'll get more options. Getz CRDI, Swift sedan also will be launced.
Old 19th September 2007, 16:11   #4
BHPian

Yes, i am not in a need for new car immediately. But i am looking for change because i want to put one nice ICE and good wheels on my ride...

And i dont want to spend amount on my current zen cuz i will sell it anyways...

Any suggestions on putting ICE for timebeing and and moving the same to new car later... I know the speakers wont fit, so would it it a good i dea to get one HU and put some good speaker (not coastly one)

Please suggest.

I think i can wait for 3 or 4 months if there are goanna be more choices in hte market by then...
Old 19th September 2007, 16:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Vinz, wait for a couple of months till the Auto Expo in Jan. A few cars will be launched at the same time and launch dates for the others will also be clear.
That is, if you plan on going for a new car.

For used cars, you have many options. The OHC, Palio 1.6, Josh 1.6 etc should satisy your hunger to mod and ICE!! But if you are not sure, hang onto that lil zippy zen for the time being
Old 18th October 2007, 11:17   #6
BHPian

I'm also waiting, waiting. It is going to test my nerves. I cannot afford to buy cars often and I have this craze for build and power. So, I can wait for another 6 month or one year. Many opinions out here are going to help me to keep my head cool till then. Thanks guys.
Old 18th October 2007, 11:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

There is always a better car/new model around the corner. So if you are waiting for that, you may never buy one.
Old 18th October 2007, 13:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
There is always a better car/new model around the corner. So if you are waiting for that, you may never buy one.
That is right. But at least I want to have good number of choices from VVT or VGT Turbo charged petrol or diesel engine within 12 lakhs. I'm expecting that I will have a pick by 2008. I think wait till Linea will the last.
Old 18th October 2007, 16:01   #9

The CEDIA LPG sounds like a good option and its priced well at around 10.5 but again they say it will take a week just to offer a demo for a TD and may take more than a month for them to give u the new one.
Old 18th October 2007, 16:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

vinz the only car you could possibly wait for in the fabia with launch dates during the first part of 2008. But it is priced around 6L and not sure how good it would be for ICE. Well if you really want to put some good ICE and good wheels i think you need to check out the swift. THe car looks good with some good wheels and alloys. THe ICE would be a topping on the cake!!

In case you are a FIAT over you could also try the Palio. But here it would be difficult to get good alloys for the unique dimentions of the FIAT wheels!!!
Old 20th October 2007, 10:10   #11
BHPian

I think it is possible to install good ICE in any car. You have to accept that you may need to modify the front door panels and also lose some boot space. This is what I have learnt while upgrading the ICE in my Santro.
Old 20th October 2007, 10:24   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
My confusion now is to go for a new car(Palio 1.6/Swift/ikon) now or wait for the release of "fabia/punto/linea/Renault Sandero" and then decide the car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I'm also waiting, waiting. It is going to test my nerves. I cannot afford to buy cars often and I have this craze for build and power. So, I can wait for another 6 month or one year. Many opinions out here are going to help me to keep my head cool till then. Thanks guys.
Honda is due to release it's hatch in June 08. The date has already moved from March 08 to June 08 so the June 08 is not a definite date. Fabia has also spent a lot fo time on the sidelines. In short dont hold your breath.
Old 11th August 2008, 12:31   #13
BHPian

Almost an year now... I am giving life to this dead thread...

Fabia released but over priced..
Punto is still not here and have no idea when it will b released.. same with Linea.
Honda's small car.. No one has idea about it..

So anybody has any kinda updates on the punto or any other car release then lemme know here.. Thanks
Old 11th August 2008, 12:52   #14
Senior - BHPian

@ Vinz - I ve already replied in your Punto thread.

Linea - Sept '08
Punto- '08 end or '09 beginning
Honda Jazz- Mid or end '09

All above dates are as per press releases from Company spokepersons.
Old 12th August 2008, 11:46   #15
BHPian

it was in TOI yesterday (interview with the CEO of Fiat - Tata joint vnture - business page) that GP would be launched before linea.

GP - around DIWALI

Linea - 2009 beginning
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks