Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2007, 20:02   #1

Shades of Swift- is there another red?

I've been going back and forth between different segments trying to decide what to buy... finally zeroed in on the Swift VDI...

The Maruti dealer closed to my place is Pasco in Gurgaon. I've been trying to get information on colors but the sales rep has been useless.. I saw a couple of Swifts that were a darker shade of Red. They were not the Bright Red but more of a Maroon-Orange shade. Different than the Metallic Garnet Orange or the Solid Bright Red. I'm confused because the Sales Guy said there's no such shade. He didn't even know about the Metallic Beam Blue (the dark Blue) and had to go confirm with his boss about its availability. Please tell me, is there another shade of Red? The sales guys are real morons and unable to help.

Thanks.
Old 2nd October 2007, 00:08   #2
BHPian

@rathoreh
yes swift does have a Maroon-Orange shade which is darker than the old garnet orange and its a metallic finish, but iam not sure abt the name. About beam blue i think they have discontinued it along with mint green and have introduced metallic white, light blue colour called ozone blue and some sort of a golden colour for the new models
Old 2nd October 2007, 00:22   #3
Team-BHP Support

I think there is the Red and another one called "Sunlight Copper". available in SX4 also
Old 2nd October 2007, 07:34   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I've seen the same shade recently. I couldnt figure out what color I was seeing before I realized it was a new color altogether
Old 2nd October 2007, 07:53   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I've seen the same shade recently. I couldnt figure out what color I was seeing before I realized it was a new color altogether
Same happened with me!

Was confused to see that colour at first- neither red, nor orange, nor brown. Thought my tinted helmet visor was playing tricks! (was on bike).

But now have started liking it.
Old 2nd October 2007, 08:45   #6
BHPian

That shade is sunlight copper, seen a lot of them in petrol but none in diesel , i remember reading about the same somehwere in one of the bhp threads that a fellow had gone to buy a sunlight copper shade in diesel but the showroom told him that the colour was available only in petrol. I have also taken some snaps of the colour and posted it in this thread :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...tml#post427619

Enjoy
Old 2nd October 2007, 13:07   #7
BHPian

Hi,
Yes it is sunlight copper colour. Thats the latest shade for the Swift.

@nikunj_cal - I have recently bought a Swift VDi(ABS) with this sunlight copper - so diesels are available in this new colour!
Your photographs in the other thread actually helped me decide on that colour.
Believe me - there is no other place on the internet you can see Swift sunlight copper other than the ones you have put on teambhp - searched google and other image search engines and none had it!
Old 2nd October 2007, 16:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

When I told people Iv booked sunlight copper it used to be difficult explaining what exactly it was! Indica has a similar colour too.

Its something that grows on you, not a stunner at the first glance.

Commonly mistaken for that dirty orange they had for while!
Old 2nd October 2007, 18:49   #9

hey thanks everyone

I'm going to talk to the Maruti guys tomorrow about this... I had booked a Black VDI but now I think I'm partial towards Sunlight Copper.
Old 2nd October 2007, 21:53   #10
BANNED

sunlight copper is a good shade, but i would think you see both the cars in their yard black and red before finalising.
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:56   #11

does the color of the car really affect cooling in the cabin? I mean to a large extent... this car is going to see a couple of sweltering summers... should i go for silver/would it really be effective vs lets say a black... the black looks so hot n hip and the red is intoxicating but ppl suggested silver would cool better... please give me feedback... thank you...
Old 4th October 2007, 13:02   #12
BHPian

Hi, I have seen lately the red is not the normal solid red that we are used to seeing. This looks like a metallic red. Of course sunlight copper is a different color and that too looks great. May be Maruti thought to make the red metallic as it is moving fast and a metallic paint will earn them additional 4k
Old 4th October 2007, 16:00   #13

please enlighten me.. would a black be really that much off on the cooling compared to a pearl silver??
Old 5th October 2007, 23:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkayar View Post
May be Maruti thought to make the red metallic as it is moving fast and a metallic paint will earn them additional 4k
They are not charging extra for metallic shades considering they are allready looting us bigtime !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathoreh View Post
please enlighten me.. would a black be really that much off on the cooling compared to a pearl silver??
Yes. Basic science. White surface repels heat. Black surface absorbs heat.
Swifts A/C is very efficient but you mention sweltering summer so black is a definite NO!
Old 9th October 2007, 09:24   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathoreh View Post
I've been going back and forth between different segments trying to decide what to buy... finally zeroed in on the Swift VDI...

The Maruti dealer closed to my place is Pasco in Gurgaon. I've been trying to get information on colors but the sales rep has been useless.. I saw a couple of Swifts that were a darker shade of Red. They were not the Bright Red but more of a Maroon-Orange shade. Different than the Metallic Garnet Orange or the Solid Bright Red. I'm confused because the Sales Guy said there's no such shade. He didn't even know about the Metallic Beam Blue (the dark Blue) and had to go confirm with his boss about its availability. Please tell me, is there another shade of Red? The sales guys are real morons and unable to help.

Thanks.

yes that marronish color is new color...but aint that good personal choice...vll aslo result in lower resales...why not the white bro?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks