Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2007, 18:37   #1
BHPian

Santro: Which Color ?? Real Earth Vs Dynasty Red.

Hi...I have booked Santro-xing of color Real earth.. I have delivery planned on 16th Oct. Today, the dealer called in to say that they have received few complaints that Real earth color is fading and not to go for this color... now i am confused if he is telling the fact or is it that there is no stock of the same.. if someone is aware of this please let me know immediately ... it will be of real help to me. Also let me know if Dynasty Red will be a good alternative and anyone has related feedback on this. Thanks in advance.
Old 8th October 2007, 13:32   #2
BHPian

Dude go in for real earth. The Dynasty red looks horrible if there is even little dust.
regarding the fading I think they are bluffing as it is one of the hottest colors santro's have. My uncle has a real earth since 18months and he has not seen any fading in his car.
So go far it. good luck on your new car
Old 8th October 2007, 14:09   #3
BHPian

Thanks raghutk. I will go for real earth.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Dealer is talking all crap bcos he doesn't have the Real Earth in stock.
Real Earth doesn't have any fading issue. Dynasty red would be too bright a color for Santro.
What other options have u got?
Midnight grey, Scarlet Sage, Husky blue.....
Old 8th October 2007, 14:13   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a new color, metallic dark blue, dont know what its called. Santro in that color looks quite good.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:17   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Dealer is talking all crap bcos he doesn't have the Real Earth in stock.
Real Earth doesn't have any fading issue. Dynasty red would be too bright a color for Santro.
What other options have u got?
Midnight grey, Scarlet Sage, Husky blue.....
I also thought dealer is bluffing as He was not 100% confident on phone. Anyways.. I will call him up and will tell that there will be no compromise on color. Regarding other colors. I do not like midnight grey. Scarlet sage is not longer in production. Husky blue, silver look too old and common to me. Black is strict no no from my parents. And finally there are some blue shades, which again are too dark.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:28   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
There is a new color, metallic dark blue, dont know what its called. Santro in that color looks quite good.
Yes, have seen one in my apartment complex. Dark blue Santro with Chrome plated alloys. Looked fantastic.
Old 8th October 2007, 15:26   #8
BHPian

My neighbours have a blue colored santro.. and it looks dammn cool and naughty also....
Old 8th October 2007, 15:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Midnight Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
I also thought dealer is bluffing as He was not 100% confident on phone. Anyways.. I will call him up and will tell that there will be no compromise on color. Regarding other colors. I do not like midnight grey. Scarlet sage is not longer in production. Husky blue, silver look too old and common to me. Black is strict no no from my parents. And finally there are some blue shades, which again are too dark.
Which model are u getting?
Does it have body color bumpers?

Normally, if in doubt with colors its better to go for Silver or white.
Old 8th October 2007, 15:33   #10
BHPian

Oh GOD when will these dealers stop giving wrong informations ?
He must had ran out of real earth color wagonR and just to convince you to go for other color, made that statement !!!
I would suggest, after getting the car, complaint to Maruti about that dealer. I did the same for other issue and they have to send me an apology letter for the same. Hope they dont do it again with somebody else..Its the high time that they understand that now the customers are not fool !!
Old 8th October 2007, 15:46   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
I would suggest, after getting the car, complaint to Maruti about that dealer.
Probably you meant Hyundai.

Yes, I too think this is just the dealer playing his cards. Stick to the choice of your color and don't heed to such nonsense.
Old 8th October 2007, 16:09   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
Just for the information of others... which agency you are buying it from and what is the name of the salesman...?
just in case, if anyone else refers to this thread before buying the car, it will be helpful
Old 8th October 2007, 17:05   #13
BANNED

I could find only Passion Red on Santro site !

Welcome to Hyundai Motor :: Hyundai Santro
Old 8th October 2007, 17:25   #14
BHPian

Hi N F
Dont settle for anyother color then Real Earth, I have purchased the car 5 months back & it rocks as far as fading is concerned I belived that bright colors fade faster then any other colors. And fading of colors too depends on N number of factors, DO NOT WORRY at all just stick to REAL EARTH & U will not regret it at all
Happy Zooming

Chao
Old 8th October 2007, 17:32   #15
BANNED

real earth is a better color. he is trying to lure you out of it coz he doesnt has the stocks in this festive seoson!

Most Viewed