Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 10:57   #1

Urgent Help on the same old boring topic

I know it's the same old boring question which I am posting here but seriously I require some urgent help. I am buying car for the 1st time & hence dunno much abt technical specifications and stuff.

Background:-
  1. My buget is roughly 3.5 - 4.5 lacs
  2. I am single but may get married in six months time
  3. My workplace is 30 km from my residence, so there may be 70kms of travelling everyday (Frankly I am not sure if I will be taking the car to office daily if you ppl suggest a petrol car)
  4. I am not looking for a resale and may retain the car for atleast 5 yrs.
  5. The car will be driven mostly on city roads and nothing can beat Delhi's traffic
  6. I love speed and appreciate cars which are zippy and smooth.
I am totally confused and dunno which car to go for.
  1. Spark:- I hate the looks, plus not sure of Service quality & cost of spare parts.
  2. Zen Estillo:- Not great with the looks plus a bit cramped
  3. Wagon R:- I don't like the looks plus I have heard it is not as zippy as Santro Xing
  4. Santro Xing:- I have heard it is the best available car in the small car segment and should suit my requirement.
Still, I must admit that even Santo will be a compromise. But somehow I had made up my mind for Santro but then I came to know that Huyandai is planning to replace Santro with PA. Now, I don't think that i would like to go ahead with a car which in any case is pretty old and may get replaced within an year or so.

I am now evaluating Swift, which has recieved good reviews. Swift petrol will be a bit expensive for me as the car will be driven mostly on city roads & even dealers claim that swift will give 11-12kmpl. So again, there is confusion. Hence, Swift Diesel, which will shoot up my budget substantially but since it is a Diesel car with good milege, the running cost shouldn't be higher.

Kindly advice If I should go ahead with Swift Disel [LDi or VDi :-( ] or stick to Santro Xing. I don't want to wait any longer as Festive season is fast approching and I expect heafty discounts.

Your advice will be invaluable.

Sorry for posting such a long thread

With thanks & regards
Tarun
Old 9th October 2007, 12:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Indica Xeta 1.4 CNG would totally justify your long drives, especially in delhi's painful bumper-bumper rush hour traffic. And the 1.4 is reasonably quick (not a swift diesel but decent enough)
Downer is point 6- Not as much fun as swift diesel, but saving 1.25 lakhs, travelling in AC at ~1.1rs/km is pretty good. Haven't TDed a Santro CNG, but donno how well it performs.
Old 9th October 2007, 13:01   #3
Team-BHP Support

Tarun we are honoured that you want the advice of this forum on your first car. The problem is the question you are asking has been asked gazillions of times on this forum with more or less the same set of doubts.

Please do your research on the existing What Car threads and you will get all your answers in there. There is nothing new to add by now on any of these cars. The answers of the members do not change only they get diluted with repeated typing.

Thread closed.

Last edited by Zappo : 9th October 2007 at 13:02.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks