Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2007, 15:10   #16
BANNED

it looks a ok car but seems overprised. bargain for anything between 1.2-1.5 lacks. if you get it at this price its ok, otherwise palio1.1 sle is coming for just 3.5 lacks after the discounts!
Old 10th October 2007, 15:23   #17
BHPian

no no no and no again. car is way over priced and has problems also.
still believe age old method, if you can not understand it then let it go man.
by the way how are you planning to buy this car. all cash or car loan.
i mean if you got some money to pay intially and you are a palio then go for the new ones.

there is always a risk in buying an old car.
Old 10th October 2007, 15:27   #18
BHPian

Max you should pay is 1.2 lack
Old 10th October 2007, 16:20   #19
BHPian

hey buddy,

I recently almost decided to buy 1.9 ELX D. They were quoting 2.73 Lakhs, which i felt is high for the car. But the car condition was excellent.
Dealer even showed me the service record. :(

I took this car to Concorde showroom in Chennai to get it evaluated. I guess u can do the same in Bang.

Call them up fix an apponitment and take car in mornings. I guess service guys wd like to ride for an hour to check if the car is getting overheated or AC comp has got any issues.....both may cost u lot of money........

One more observation..are u going on a loan or ccash.......if loan i guess it makes more sense to go for new car as EMI is gonig to remain almost the same.

Cheers

PRasanna KV
Old 10th October 2007, 16:41   #20
BHPian

@praveencr85,
thanks for the link..useful info there.

@msharma_79,
I had taken a loan aleady for some other purpose which i couldnt make use of it..hence i am putting that in a car.
I want only a Palio and my budget is 2 lac.

@pawan_pullarwar/tsk1979/rohan_fonseca
I dont mind asking that car for 1.2 lac to the owner..
but the prob is that, here in blr people buy everything on any rate that is been asked..this palio is offered for 2.75 lac and i brought it down to 2.2 lac. Whether i buy it or not they dont really bother..some or other uncle will sure buy it happily for anything around 2.5 without knowing abt any issues the car has.

let me check more options guys..i am not in a rush anyways.
thanks for your valuable inputs.
Old 10th October 2007, 17:25   #21
BHPian

My friend recently bought a palio 1.2 ,2002 model with 60k on the odometer.It had cost him 1.3L .He bought it from a dealer.So the amount must have included his commission also.The best price would be around 85K.
Old 11th October 2007, 16:06   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
but the prob is that, here in blr people buy everything on any rate that is been asked..this palio is offered for 2.75 lac and i brought it down to 2.2 lac. Whether i buy it or not they dont really bother..some or other uncle will sure buy it happily for anything around 2.5 without knowing abt any issues the car has.
thanks buddy you make me happy.
I have a 2002 model indica DLS, BLR registered. I guess if I put an asking price of 25 lakhs somebody will bring it down to 12 and then I can afford a safari VX

On a more serious note, it does not matter what one asks. All that matters is what its worth.
You have a car which
1. Makes disaster seem like an understatement when you talk about resale market
2. Has known problems(seals, gbox and what not)

The asking price of the car is just 20% lower than the price of a brand new version of the same model.
Old 11th October 2007, 16:07   #23
BHPian

dr_aryan,
i am interested with a Palio mainly for the power and the handling it offers.
1.1 being under powered for the weight it has, i am afraid if i would be satisfied with it.
Ideally speaking, 1.6 is what i should go for..but i am not considering it bcz, either i dont want to trust 1.6 ones which are coming for resale or i still have an eye on the mileage.
Used 1.2 looks like a safer choice.
Old 11th October 2007, 16:21   #24
BHPian

//thanks buddy you make me happy.
I have a 2002 model indica DLS, BLR registered. I guess if I put an asking price of 25 lakhs somebody will bring it down to 12 and then I can afford a safari VX
//

Few of the used car show rooms i saw have enough of Indicas. I doubt your car will get a parking.

//
1. Makes disaster seem like an understatement when you talk about resale market
2. Has known problems(seals, gbox and what not)
//

I have not yet paid my money and i am going through all these details as i am new to this. thats one of the reasons i am here :-)
certainly i am not considering this particular Palio as of now..as i mentioned, will checkout other options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks